George Bush - Face Reality

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by The Outsider, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

WASHINGTON, D.C

.--President Bush’s speech this morning at the Naval Academy is a reflection of his stubborn, narrow-vision approach to governing. More and more, what he says is devoid of reality. To listen to Bush is to enter a dreamworld.
    Faced with incontrovertible facts of increasing costs ($6 billion a month), soldier deaths day after day(2,100), growing disenchantment in Congress (The Senate is demanding periodic reports on how the war is faring), the failure of the Iraqi security forces to protect the country,all signs of a coming defeat, he keeps on keeping on with pledges of total victory. He won’t set "artificial deadlines" for withdrawal. "No war has ever been won on a timetable - and neither will this on."
    Bush's swaggering style reinforces his image and that of the country of being a bully and, worse, a loser.
    Most of all, Bush himself and his strategy statement omit oil, a major reason--if not the only reason--for invading Iraq to begin with. And here the U.S. is on the verge of executing a total takeover of the once nationalized industry, turning it instead into a privatized business to be run by the big international companies--descendants of the original oil companies that colonized Iraq to begin with.

Source:
    http://villagevoice.com/news/0549,ridgeway,70575,2.html

What's your say?

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

bush makes me angry, but watching him speak makes me laugh, he is so funny looking.

anyway, well if i could, he would be the one man , and perhaps tony blair aswell, the only men i would kill.

foofightersgroopie

foofightersgroopie Member

I am sorry, I am a Bush fan, I stand by him all the way... but latly... I have been backin up about some of the stuff that he has been doing and saying.

Justin

Justin See you there

Me too. I wuvs the president. There are some mean ppls saying mean things about Mr. Bush in the 'Your Stance on the Iraq War' thread. let's go smear them.:peace:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Nothing wrong with standing behind someone who's been wrong so many times :rolleyes:

syklone

syklone Active Member

less laughs

with bush out of office there will prbly be 50% less jokes on average in the U.S.
    every1 knows hes makin up excuses jus to get the oil/gas. only repubs left are senior citizens but hey, dats jus my take on the situatuion at hand and im only 14 :whistling

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Foogroupie: Its interesting to hear your position on war then see your sig which says "Peace Out Yall"...kinda contradictory, isn't it?

Anyways, Bush really doesn't have a very good grasp of the whole situation, and how his decisions are impacting America and the rest of the world. Having no little knowledge in foreign politics, history, current affairs, or human/physical geography, this comes as no surprise. I am floored that a country can elect someone with such a low knowledge base and intelligence, I really don't know whats into some people.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

That's your opinion, Todd. :rolleyes:

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

No, everyone doesn't know that, mostly because that's a crock of bullshit. =]

And I'm republican [EDIT- Well, technically I'm more of an 'independant', if you will] and I'm hardly a senior citizen. Go back and read some books honey, because you're obviously a pretty uninformed 14 year old. Stop hating Bush 'just to be cool' and start researching your facts. If you still dislike him, THEN you can talk to me. =]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
    The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

i think hes a hypocrite in so many ways its unbelievable. i think he does know how to run the largest country in the economy chain, but he's hardly showing it.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

He needs to be assassinated. I don't think that sounds too harsh, seeing as he's had so many Americans killed for...oil. Send him to Iraq, let him take care of the bullshit. I approved of the war when I thought it was truly to get the people responsible for 9/11. Obviously I was blind. It's been too long, we never found WMD's, we STILL haven't got Bin Laden, seems like everyones forgotten about the person we was after in the first place. We don't need to be rebuilding Iraq, they can rebuild there own damn selves, we're in debt enough, we don't need to be using money we already don't have to help them out. The citizens in our country should come first, the money spent on the war could goto much more useful things, like poverty...

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

This is why I love the Village Voice. Always the straight truth, no watered-down bullshit.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

bitch you cooking?

Amanda

JESUS FUCK. AGAIN WITH THE OIL?!

You guys are impossible. Really.

And I cannot believe that you actually want to kill him.

That's sick.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yay for associating LPA with death plots! Whether Bush is the biggest a-hole ever to exist or not, you NEVER EVER (ever, ever, ever) say someone should get assasinated on a public message board.

Especially not the frickin president after 9/11. Could you imagine if someone from the government found this and gave me a nice little telephone call over your lovely comments? Do you want LPA to get shut down?

Trust me its happened before to other websites where people said they wanted Bush dead. Wake up man, I dont like Bush that much anymore either but I would never wish death upon him. Incase you forgot, there's a tiny thing called COMMON SENSE.

You're warned. Furthermore, if the death wishes continue I will ban all anti-presidential talk from these forums. I don't care about staff majority on that..I will not associate this site with stuff that could get people arrested. Because incase you didn't know Art Saves, what you said was technically illegal. No I'm not a bush-lover, but I do know when to draw the line.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Free speech. My opinion is that he needs killed, so fucking sue me, or arrest me, I will say whatever the fuck I want to say, whereever the fuck I want to say it (except here after this post). I don't give a shit about the warning, and I care even less for getting banned for this post, which I will. This place has became such an uptight shithole since I first started here, which is the reason I haven't been here almost at all in the last year and a half or so. Go ahead and ban "anti-presidential" talk, go ahead and be like the government that is banning every other freedom we have, so we definately shouldn't be able to say what we are thinking on a fucking message board. Does someone really think I would personally kill a president of the United States? Could I even get that close to him? Fuck I'm not retarded, but if I have something to say, I'm going to fucking say it.

Maybe he didn't goto Iraq just to fucking get oil, but no one fucking knows. I don't know if that was the reason, and neither do you "In.The.Shadows". I would love to see him dead just as I would love to see Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

Anyways, this used to be a cool place to spend 5 hours a day at, but shit I guess I just didn't have a life then, but the biggest reason I don't spend 10 MINUTES here anymore is because it's such a shithole now, where an individuals opinion of almost anything isn't allowed. So fuck off.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Holy damn man. Free speech or not, it's still illegal to plot the murder of the president.

I know you might be mad, and I'm sure you feel strongly about this, but jeez. If you want people to take you seriously, you can't just go adding expletives every other word and using derogatory language such as 'retarded.'

We're not uptight people. It's not like we go about our daily lives thinking, "hmmm... how do we limit free speech on a message board?" We are all regular human beings and we all seem to come here anyways, meaning this place isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

Just because the man is a bad president doesn't mean he's a bad person. I know people who used to know him personally (when he was just Governor) and they say he's actually a really nice guy. Nice guys don't necessarily make good presidents.

Wishing someone's death isn't a good thing.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

You don't know when to shut up do you? All you had to do was stop typing but no, you had to keep going. While your making a song and dance about your beliefs you didn't stop to think that Derek could get in trouble for your comments, not you, Derek, because he's responsable for the site. If you got him in trouble with the American government I daresay people from this site will be looking to make sure you don't have a pleasent time. Oh well it looks like Art couldn't save you from being banned.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Maybe some people should say he should be "impeached" because that's what our civilized nation is supposed to think rather than "we should assassinate him". Sure, he is probably the worst president ever but you shouldn't wish death upon him.

Everyone should stop just bashing Bush and start bashing the whole administration. Its a corrupt little association of people now. Karl Rove is being investigated for his CIA leak and is destined to face the same fate as his friend Scooter, Bill Frist is being investigated for insider trading, and the media has just came out with the domestic spying issue (1984, anyone?).

Its not just our lone "president" if you can call him that, its his whole group of misfits thats bringing this nation down.

Amanda

Some people really need to learn when to shut the fuck up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.