Shadow of the Colossus

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Doctor, Dec 28, 2005.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I've been hearing very good things about this game and I'm considering buying it. Has anyone played it?

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I have. It's an amazing game if you're a gamer looking for a new experience. A lot of people give it crap because the environment is large, with basically nothing to do but explore. However if you're into that type of stuff (like myself), you'll have fun while searching for colossi.

It's a 9 out of 10 in my book. The only thing this game suffers from is an annoying camera that tends to try to give you the best possible view, but often is the worst. It was short for me, but the replay value is great because there is a bunch of stuff to unlock that give the gameplay a new outlook and gives you new ways to take the colossi down.

I say get this game if you're looking for something new. There's not a lot to do if you're not taking down a colossus, but when you are, it will take you some good time to find out how to take them down, so in my opinion it balances out well. :)

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

probably in my top 5 favorite games of all time....on a technical stand point I would give it a 4 out of 5 because it does have a few flaws....but based on personal taste....5 out of 5...

Buy it if you appreciate the art and the innovation...but if you are just looking for action..you might want to rent it.

edit---

list of scores by reviewers
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/wandaandthecolossus/review.html?mode=web

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
    palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

go for it. the game is challenging and a beauty on the PS2. this game is amazing when it comes to boss fights well because quite frankly thats all it is. a game where you fight bosses like 40x you size if not bigger.

The Doctor

I bought it and I'm absolutely hooked on it. I've been averaging 3 Colossi kills a day and right now I'm working on number 11. I just love it.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Well, if you've beaten Shadow of the Colossus and wonder how fast you can possibly take them down a second time around... Well, there's a site where someone beats them all in impressive amounts of time using extremely impressive techniques... Some I could not believe.

Some of the files didn't work for me (the files were corrupt), but the ones that did work for me still "wow"ed me. If you're a fan of SotC like me and so forth, check it out, you'll be surprised. Be warned though, if you haven't beaten the game at least once, this would ruin it for you. Not to mention these are very advanced techniques. :lol:

The site is in Japanese, but the links are listed in the order you fight them (1-16).
    http://bgr44.cool.ne.jp/wanda/movie/movie.html

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

game is alot more fun on hard mode......I doubt it but I hope there will be a sequel.....I wanna stab collosi in the head next gen style

The Doctor

Yeah I'm having a hard time believing that he can just run straight to number 16 without being hit by the energy bolts. I tried that and I got hit by every one.

The Doctor

I found these videos on Google Video for SotC. The creator can do amazing things with videos, so he made a series of them. He started off by just making simple music videos of the game and then evolved into making it into a full on movie with three parts. I haven't been able to find Part 2 but here's parts 1 and 3. MAJOR SPOILERS if you haven't played the game.

Part 1

Part 3

and here are the music videos. Also SPOILERIFIC

Before the Shadow Goes Away (Music: Slipknot - Before I Forget)

All For Love (Music: SR-71 - My World)

Enjoy. I know I loved them, they're even all on my PSP as we speak.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

the game comes out next wednesday over here in germany and honestly, i cant wait anymore. i played the demo version where you can beat the first colossus and i repeated completing the demo 4-5 times by now, even though the first one is easy.
    @nate
    i would be happy if you could find the second part, as i am very interessted into this movie.
    i will give more feedback next week, when i got the full version. but for now, all i can say is: the demo kicks ass, really!

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

so i got the game since wednesday and im through. what an amazing experience in a beautiful phantasy world. definetely an all-time highlight on my list!

The Doctor