Chester Comments On New Linkin Park Album, Solo Disc

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Oh poor mark I had a feeling you would rip my post apart. Have you really forgotten who I was? I mean I still remember you guys. Mark I think I even sat down and chat with you a couple of times about a couple of remixes. I also remember when you and I forgot who else of the admins feud over and over John Kerry and George Bush, oh yea.. I was the guy that had the ingenious idea of ripping each Reanimation songs from ogg to produce half and half of each song. And you question where the hell I am pulling out "sound loops" and "sound fonts" you should know better than that! Hell you should know why my opinion is that!

BTW, I wasn't trying to "belittle" someone but I do recall him saying "what the hell are you talking about?" I mean why post something so dumb or just without detail the least you could do is say "hey buddy I can't dipher what you said , can you roll that one by me one more time!" Hell you understood what I was saying you went right ahead to rip it apart.

So back again.. my point being, how was I belittling him?

Anyways back on topic, "What may work for you, may not work for others, and vice versa. There's going to be alot of screaming on the new album, so it doesn't matter how much you whine about it, it's not going to change anything." and it doesn't matter how many times you just decide to put the positive view or just decide to praise the fact!! The screaming will be good! An opinion is an opinion and I have every right to express something I felt like sharing my thoughts on. It wasn't like I was giving a little teenage stupid angst ridden opinion either. So just because it's ok to "praise" it's bad to "whine". I think both ends get annoying! Just do me favor and relax mark I was just leaving my 2 cents on someone's comment. There was no point for you to go in a circle to repeat the obivious. He stated it would be good, I stated it could be bad. And you went around and stated again... the same crap he did. Which eventually causes.. non stop childish arguments.

oh by the way..
    "That, along with your horribly uneducated description of "metal" shows you have little knowledge of what you're talking about."

Straight of the dictionary
    While some of that applies to linkin park.. the loud bass is missing half the time.. powerful drums.. I wish i could see more that in linkin park. Electric blues and rock yea I guess that's mainly there and distorted guitars? How about.. "loop" distorted guitars. Oh did I forget to mention Linkin Park has rap in there? So how the hell do I have the definintion or "description" of metal wrong? I can clearly see Linkin Park is not metal they have attributes of Metal , but they are not metal. I am not trying to insult your intelligence but next time you do decide to run someone over, think it over from what perspective the person is coming from. I wasn't here to have an "internet" fight.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
    Shadow

Well then, I guess the "organic" part I would be looking foward to.

As for the Meteora part yea you are right "I guess" they did deliver but only on the sound part I felt it was darker.. the lyrics.. I still feel the Xero lyrics were a bit more darker and sophisticated. Meteora felt too much like water and repeated topics of Hybrid Theory.

edit: Nice siggy by the way, Naruto fan as well?

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

Absolutely. :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I honestly don't remember any of that, other than a feud over Kerry vs. Bush, but as far as I can recount, you weren't a part of it.

Yes you were. You were telling him (wrongly) that you were here longer and have been posting longer than him. You tried to put yourself up on a pedestal and look down on him. And I hate that.

A post doesn't have to make sense for someone to rip it apart. Most of the time, if I "rip apart" a post, it's either because it's so horribly off or it's so unsensible that I just can't stand to leave it not corrected.

Not once did I say your opinion didn't matter. This is a defence tactic where you twist my words and give them new meanings to try and make yourself look like the victim and me the bully. In addition, saying I stated the "same crap he did" shows your lack of respect for others opinions, and thus shuts down your entire argument about respecting others' opinions because of hypocrisy.

I don't see the words "sound fonts", "sound loops", or "synchronize patters" in that definition. And, you used someone else's definition instead of your own. You should form your own definition through experience of listening to metal, not by going to some dictionary to hear the layman's version. I'll agree that Linkin Park aren't metal, and I've never thought they were.

If you're not here to have an "internet fight" and prolong a "non stop childish argument", you can always make yourself look good by sticking to your convictions and dropping it.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I remember Shadow.

He was always debating in Serious Chat.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What you guys fail to realize though, is that the band has indirectely hinted on several occasions that Warner has greately controlled their sound, or tried to force them to become more mainstream then they really are. As much as some people want to think Linkin Park are behind it all, I would love to refer to the fact that the WARNER APPOINTED producer Don Gilmore made Linkin Park rewrite a song over 97 times till it was his idea of 'perfect'. When you write a song over that many times, any ounce of creativity, complexity or credibility is squeezed out of it and it just becomes a 'made for pop audiences' radio hit.

Now, I cant say that the next album wont be bad or mediocre. But considering the mixtape/fort minor album sits above all Don Gilmore produced releases and the fact that Chester will finally get back to what we all love him for (his screaming) it would appear that this album has a shred of credibility in it.

Lets just hope it delivers.

Shadow

Which is why Hydro I said "it might be bad" I dunno what guarantees it. Because while yea Don was behind the scene I do blame the boys for some fault. I can't put all the fault at Don.

It felt like Warner didn't give a crap about Linkin Park in Hybrid Theory. So they gave em the regular artist make over.. plus what material they had.. = gold mine.

Of course the second time around Warner knew what was going on so they decided to take control , yet even then I felt the boys had something to play with it. I am a bit more confident thanx to the "co producing" or mike producing it.. does make me a feel better and more towards the "album might be good" side.

Yet I have to see how this will turn out.. I found it as the "more screaming" sorta canceled out the "mike producing the album". Equal balance? We might just get something as good as Hybrid Theory. I do know for sure.. we are not getting another crap IMO like Meteora.

Oh indeedy "Linkin Park rewrite a song over 97 times" I haven't overlooked that fact.. that is why I label Meteora garbage. Meteora was produced and I hated that. It wasn't inspired or made.. it was just a way to profit.

By the way Hydro.. you took the words out of my mouth with that whole post. I knew you a person that once went out to the trouble of releasing a radio version of En Th End to the fans, making his own version of En Th End and making a Points of Authority remix.. would understand the lack of work and credibility LP was lacking in Meteora.. and just maybe why I said what I said in my previous post.

Shadow

Well you still went right ahead to rip this one apart.

Yes you were. You were telling him (wrongly) that you were here longer and have been posting longer than him. You tried to put yourself up on a pedestal and look down on him. And I hate that.

Actually I am starting to see the miscommunication here. I actually intended with that post to show him that a person like him with the same join date couldn't be that "dumb" to ask me such a tidious question. Like I said before if he didn't understand it or you didn't understand it.. then shit say it to my face! Say "I didn't understand jack of what you said can you plz repeat it again!" Why bother waste post space and write "What are you talking about!?"

Not once did I say your opinion didn't matter. This is a defence tactic where you twist my words and give them new meanings to try and make yourself look like the victim and me the bully.

Well by saying "whining" you weren't saying my opinion didn't matter? Defensive tatics? Mark just drop it man. Listen here bro I APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT IT SEEM TO INTIMIDATE, BELITTLE, OR PUT DOWN Alright?

Also part of this miscommunication was when I said "you just repeated the crap he said" when I said "crap" I meant it in a joky way not in a offensive way , if I wanted to say offensive, I would of said shit.. "horse crap" "bullshit"... something around those lines. I don't consider your opinion or his opinion garbage but I do find your actions of repeating something I obiviously already knew was a waste of time.

And finally as for the
    ok? your point? I wasn't defining LP in the first place with that, but I was describing them of doing that.. which is actualy true. If you would sit down closely and rip the songs apart with an audio editor or just even get the Reanimation DVD 5.1 ogg you can see this o_O. I am wrong for stating the obivious now?

And once again, is there a problem with using a definition that's general? Now we gotta use our own person experience definition!? Glad you saw the point.. but what the hell does "bringing my own definition" have to do with the point you agreed with o_O. Like I said unecessary "crap" [I mean it in a nice way] that just provokes fights just let it be. You agreed with the point either way.

Well there I hope this is the last one.. I hope you read thru it good! And see that there was some miscommunication! And here once again so you don't come in bargining again writing another long reply to this

MARK I AM SORRY FOR MAKING IT SEEM OR DOING THE ACT OF BELITTLING ANOTHER PERSON IN THE INTERNET.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Derek isn't Hydroponikz.

Tedious*.

I fail to see how "what the hell are you talking about?" isn't saying it to your face. I would've had the same reply because that post seemed more like rambling nonsense than anything else, with the way it was written and thought out.

I can see now there was a miscommunication on the "metal" thing. I read it as you were describing metal as having those attributes when in fact you were describing Linkin Park. Just a note that using "they" is more vague than "the band" or "LP" and thus can lead to miscommunications like this. Just read your posts more closely before posting them and stuff like this won't happen in the future. :)

And please don't double-post.

Shadow

hah! so it was derek whom I spoke with in the aim chat! Not you.. You are the one that was debating with Derek. I don't like you *in an evil tone*
    j/k xD

Well then where the heck is hydro then?

And derek by the way wazzup bud long time no see. If ya don't remember look in your aim list for I think was ThePiddleCounsil or MasterPiddles if not.. xSpikehSpiegelx regardless nice to see ya around bro.

Atleast I still see TrumTram, superxero and the rest of the gang have to be around.

By the way I was wrong I don't think you (mark) and me have ever spoken.

edit: I am trying not to but you just posted right now so I guess i'll just continue to edit here. and continue to edit here.. and continue... *10 minutes later*

Ya something like that xD

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

I think y'all should stop drinking that Haterade.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

SOOOOO.... new Linkin Park, eh.

Materia

Materia Member

Like some people, I was also hoping for more melodic music. Who knows, we still haven't heard much about it but from the looks of it - LP wants to get heavier.

Maybe the screaming will work for this new record but I find it to be a little immature (in some music I've heard). I hope that LP just make their music more mature than their last two records. That's all I really ask.

Linkin_park_chick

Linkin_park_chick Active Member

YEEEEEEEEEAH!!! man great to heard ALOT OF SCREAMING! :D cant wait bring it on!

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

More screaming on Chester's part will be interesting. I wonder how long his voice will last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.