Got Something You Want To Let Out?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mechanical Christ, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I have to agree. If you leave things vague, people will read what they want to, which is not always what you intended.

2. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Yeah, but the rest of the post he was telling him not kill himself. Use your head.

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Oh that's right cause you're apparentely much smarter than us all :rolleyes:. If more than one person viewed the post in the same light, its intelligent to believe that others saw it the same way.

I mean come on...'use your head'.

4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well, people sure are letting some things out. :lol:

5. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I didn't read it either way, I was just saying vagueness is bad.

6. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I wasn't trying to imply that I am smarter. Just saying that you were yelling at him for making it seem like he was supporting suicide when the rest of his post was so obviously against it. You like...picked out one small line in the middle of it to make it seem that way...and who else viewed it the way you did? I don't believe anyone did.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  7. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Guys, put down your handbags and stop arguing ;)

8. Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

I know I shouldn't be worrying, and really shouldn't give a damn, but what if they're not answering because I did something wrong. Did I miss someone's birthday? I get the feeling they're planning something not only against Dasha but against me as well.

9. Spykotic

Spykotic Well-Known Member

re

once stole something on a schooltrip in paris.. police where involved..

10. NofxPants

NofxPants Does your house have stairs?

Well I haven't been on LPA for awhile. Mainly because I started doing stuff that will further my life and not have me sitting in front of a computer all day. Anyways, I come back and my posts have decreased by 400. I mean, I used to have like 1200 but now I have 800. I guess I just negative posted while I was gone. So damn stupid. And the forums used to be better, I don't see why they changed it, just my opinion though.

11. Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

I lost two friends in the space of about 3 hours.

I don't think I had them in the first place though. =/

12. Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

well...

fuck.

13. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Your post count decreased because some of the "spam" topics were deleted in Random Chat, hence why your post count is lower. The forums were changed because of the lame host that the board was on before and it kept getting hacked.

14. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Ugh...I really need a girlfriend. I feel like when I get a new one that the ex will finally tide over and be done with. It's been 2 years almost, I need to move on.

15. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I'll date you.

16. Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Now I'm all jealous of Friskey.

17. Amanda

Alex, if you're reading this please stop. I need to vent about something that I don't want you to see. I can't stop you from reading but I'd really be greatful if you didn't.

Anyway, here's what's going on:

Alex got access to my posts on here and read the one's about him. He knows I like him. Or rather... liked. Well, I still do but I feel really wrong about it and have to suppress it. Why? Keep reading.

He confronted me about it today over AIM. Started asking me questions. I got nervous. He finally came around and told me that it might have been cool if he'd found out before yesterday. Seeing as, yesterday he got back together with his ex, Claire. Who also happens to be a friend of mine.

I'm not going to say I'm fine, because I'm really not. I've tried crying and letting it all out but nothing's coming. I wouldn't call it 'heartbreak', it's more like I don't know... dissapointment maybe? It's my fault anyway. It was stupid of me to think I actually had something for once.

So, it's time for me to break out the old routine for getting by. A fake smile and an aching feeling deep down in there somewhere. This is a great way to start off the year.

I should have known better than to have started thinking there was something there. But at least he didn't laugh in my face. He had some respect for me. Told me he was 'sorry'. I told him there was nothing to be sorry for. And that's the truth. I just kinda wish there could have been something.

Just this once.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  18. Derek

I'm reading your post and sitting here scratching my head Amanda because a couple of things confuse me. While I am aware that he claims he went back with Claire because he felt you were uninterested, my curiousity leans towards why he went back with her so quickly. With all due respect to this Alex character, it really didn't seem like he took too much time to think about getting back with his ex-girlfriend or rather to think things through. And I apologize if that offends him but, as awkward as it would have been if you didn't..couldn't he have saved him and you the pain of a confrontation by asking you yesterday if you felt the same way?

Yes, while I am quite aware that introducing feelings into a friendship can destroy it (it's happened to me more than twice), it wouldn't have hurt for him to ask. My whole problem is, he went to see a movie with you and you introduced him to see your dad. He has to know that your dad is very protective of you and introducing guys to him is not something you get a kick out of doing.

So once again, with all due respect..couldn't he see that maybe there was more to this 'friendship' than meets the eye? I know I would've.

I mean no harm towards this Alex guy, and don't really hate him either..but just some things, to me, dont add up in this equation.

19. Amanda

Meh. Derek, you read too far into it.

(1) I have no idea how long he and Claire had been thinking about getting back together.
    (2) You know how I am with guys. Looking back on it, I did shy away from him on many occasions.
    (3) Why should he have had to ASK me how I felt?
    (4) We were just hanging out. There was no implied... 'connotation' if you will, to our meeting at the movies or at my house.

Alright. I think I'm done.

20. Derek

Well if thats the truth then..

We walk away from things like this with lessons learned, and it seems that you will unfortunately have to learn a few things from what happened to you this time as well. As stated in your new years resolutions I believe that, if it is love you are truly looking for, that you should take this as an opportunity to open yourself up to guys and not be so afraid to tell how you really feel.

From listening to the experiences of another friend I had who was shy, being unable to talk or express your true feelings with someone usually allows your chance to slide out right from under you. This doesn't mean you are a horrible person, but just that..you need to open up more and realize that not everyone is out to hurt you.

You no doubt will have some bad experiences with relationships in life, as my relationships have been nothing but bad news until this point. But if you dont open your heart up to people like Alex, and tell them how you truly feel about them..you may never get an experience to learn these lessons, or possibly know what it is like to experience true love.

Don't be afraid of who's out there..and just try to get yourself out there in the world. This is quite hypocritical coming from myself, but I am telling you this out of reflection for how lonely and regretful I've been over the past 5 years.

I sweetie, do not want you to become a clone of me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.