"Where'd You Go" To Be Next Fort Minor Single

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I know it, but I'm talking about smoking because it's 'cool.' This has nothing to do with what you're smoking. And I dunno about him talking about it that way. If he is, I misunderstood.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

i think he's saying it sarcastically, or at least that's how i take it. i dunno for sure. in a way he's actually kind of using it as an analogy, like "it's JUST LIKE a cigarette, it's something that i do" talking about his music in the first chorus...just some crazy lyrics to make us all think. that's why mike is a badass.

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

I hope I didnt come across as a smart ass....I just really like the song and the message, so I was quick to defend....I see it as how the hip hop labels view there customers....they think of their customers as unintillegent and desperate so they give them the same "unhealthy" crap ..and people have no choice but to take it cause the life style is "addictive" (the "urban" lifestyle has been more or less packaged as a product). People dont continue smoking cause its cool...but thats probably how they got started and now they cant function without it....Mikes using the mind set of both super powers in a very sarcastic manner through a "poster boy" like metality...at least thats how I feel. I just find it refreshing cause its very uncommon to hear a unique parallel in hip- hop instead of the useual trash talking you hear.......ANYWAYS way of track so my bad....Id like to see back home as a single cause I like organs

edit- one more thing and Im done...
    If there were a video made for cigarettes...it could go both ways...its like the "stand" and "truth" commercials you see everyday. Both are anti-smoking campaigns...but both are different in how they deliver the message. "Stand" useually has Jr. High kids telling the audiance that smoking is dumb and your stupid if you smoke (these commercials are generally made fun of). "Truth" on the other hand brings a lot of research to the table and presents it in a very thought provoking and disturbing manner (plus the commercials have very strong design elements). So it depends on how the hypothetical video is treated. If done right...the song could give Mike a great deal of credibilty...but if it has a gangster rapper shoot a gun with a cigarette tip instead of a gun barrel...then yeah it would be cheesy

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
    Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Thank you for that post. I respect the song tons more thanks to you.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

yeah man, i think you hit it right on the head in your explanation of that song. very nice job. i attempted to explain, but maybe i was too tired. see that's how deep Mike is w/ his songs.... i love this song even more now haha... and simply must hear The Rising Tied today now ;)

linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

That was a very indepth explanation

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

i don't think it's such a bad move
    it's something totally different then the other songs on FM
    maybe more people get this ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.