The Results

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Louis, Jan 29, 2006.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

This is the moment you've all been waiting for!

*trumpet fanfare*

And the results are:

1st Place: Entry #14 - Untitled by esaul17 w/ 5 votes
    2nd Place: Entry #1 - Kiss by TransArhaz w/ 4 votes
    3rd Place: Entry #16: Geico is Going to Sue Me because I Stole All Their Trees by Will w/ 3 votes

Thankfully, there were no ties in the top 3 categories, but many, many ties for 1 or 2 votes in many others. I have changed the prizes a little due to my lack of money and energy. The iTunes money is not part of the prize anymore. Please refer to the New Competition thread for Prize information.

Congratulations to esaul17. You have beaten out 20 other entries in this competition. Excellent job to TransArhaz and Will. Especially to TransArhaz, who won 1st place in the previous competition (along with D_A_V_I_D). And to everyone else, you all did very well. Congrats.

Here are the reasons people posted for the top 3:

Entry #14 Reasons:

“I love the flow of words and how it managed to keep my attention throughout, right till’ the end I was hooked onto it. I also liked how the story is told in such simple words, but yet have such an effective meaning. The concept itself is good though not original, but I liked it. Overall it was an awesome piece of work, keep it up! Whoever you are…” – GrafiTTied

“It has a very captivating story. It stood out well, flowed well, and was much different from the others. Though it was smooth, the story and use of words added a peculiar rhythm to it and forced the reader to read the piece in one go, giving no break. An excellent piece.” – TransArhaz

“The whole thing is based around a solid idea and strong structure. There’s a nice flow to it which is obvious and easy to pick up on. Also, the story which is there throughout is told in a very emotional way, which worked extremely well.” – Dedicated

“It’s just so sad, and the story is so easy to relate to. It’s very well written and once again nearly flawless. The whole poem feels like it’s written through experience and the hurt portrayed in the poem really touched me. I also really loved the ending. There was no resolution yet the poem felt completed. This poem brought a tear to my eye. So much vivid emotion, I loved it.” – D_A_V_I_D

“I got chills while reading it. It’s so real and well written. There were parts that I actually relate to and have felt some of those feelings described in the poem. Fantastic job.” – Andrea

“I believe that this poem is one of the most incredible entries submitted into this competition. Even though I know who submitted this, this is not a biased vote. I have looked through all of the poems thoroughly, and this entry has gotten one of my two votes. This is absolutely excellent and there are many people, including me, who can relate to this beyond excellent submission. Fantastic job!” - GiriosXeni

- - -

Entry #1 Reasons:

“This is my top entry due to its seamless combination of flowing words delicately placing a powerful emotional blow onto the reader. This truly stood head and shoulders above the rest of the competition for me, and easily takes the number one spot. I especially liked the ending of the first stanza.” – esaul17

“The way the words are used is awesome. Though some of the lines seem a bit vague, the beautiful words used just takes you away to the fantasy world the poet tries to build around you.” – GraffiTTied

“I voted for this because it’s beautiful in so many ways. The poem is so complex and the vocabulary really accentuates what the writer has to say. Also, for a poem that was so long, it was pretty much flawless. It is written so well that I feel like I’m part of the poem, as if I’m experiencing what is written. This poem is truly amazing.” – D_A_V_I_D

Kiss is very nice. I like the writing style used, the rhyming, and it's very beautiful. This piece deserves a shot at winning.” – heshboy

- - -

Entry #16 Reasons:

“Fucking hilarious but yet so emotional. I think I know who wrote it…” – Dusan

“I have no doubtfulness if this isn’t my favorite poem. From the beginning, it was like referring to me. It is so immediate that when you first read it, it’s like he sent it to you. Amazing! By the way, it’s like a narrative essay but that’s what I like. And suddenly the meaning changes to verse 34…Everything is written so clearly in this letter/poem that even the most unknowing person would understand its air. Very moving.” – Rock It

“The arrangement of lyrics doesn’t seem forced; it flows well. Creative title, too. It reads like a simple storyline, but it fits together nicely.” – Caitlin

- - -

Here, in order, are the people who submitted each entry.

Entry 1: TransArhaz w/ 4 votes
    Entry 2: Dedicated w/ 1 vote
    Entry 3: Matt w/ 0 votes
    Entry 4: tremulant w/ 2 votes
    Entry 5: Sexy_Kittie_722 w/ 0 votes
    Entry 6: The Poison w/ 0 votes
    Entry 7: Mali w/ 1 vote
    Entry 8: Uncle_Raj w/ 1 vote
    Entry 9: Dusan w/ 1 vote
    Entry 10: GrafiTTied w/ 1 vote
    Entry 11: Stonecold w/ 0 votes
    Entry 12: Andrea w/ 1 vote
    Entry 13: Feenix w/ 1 vote
    Entry 14: esaul17 w/ 5 votes
    Entry 15: Scarlet w/ 2 votes
    Entry 16: Will w/ 3 votes
    Entry 17: Hellflame w/ 1 vote
    Entry 18: Caitlin w/ 2 votes
    Entry 19: D_A_V_I_D w/ 1 vote
    Entry 20: heshboy w/ 0 votes
    Entry 21: in.the.shadows w/ 1 vote

Congrats to the winners. Please PM me with your prize request! Also, PM me if you'd like to know who voted for you and why.

Look out for another competition around April / May!

GX

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

Congrats to all the winners! :D

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

hahah YES! ONE VOTE FOR ME!

I should have posted the sound clip I recorded along with it <_<

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Congrats to the winners :)

Thanks to whoever voted for mine xD

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

:peace:

Congrats to the winners! :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
    esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Awesome. Can't believe I won. Thanks to everyone that voted for me. Great job on the runner up, TransArhaz. I never thought I had a chance after I read that poem. Amazing work everyone. I am truly floored.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
    El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Congrats to the winners. This was a great competition indeed. Also, thanks to the person who voted for me :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
    heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

Congradulations Everybody, and most important the winners.

XD I got no votes :)

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

Great job everyone, the people who won definently deserved it. Another great comp GX.

Also thanks for whoever voted for me.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Well done guys. A great competition with some great work, congratulations on everyones part. Also, a thank you to whoever voted for me. :)

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Congrats to the winners :)

However now that you all did not vote for me I'm gonna have to get Satan on all of ya ;)

GrafiTTied

GrafiTTied Well-Known Member

Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

congrats to you too, you were fucking THE best. i was sure to be beaten by that awesome piece you wrote...
    and thanks to everyone who has voted for me.

EDIT-thanks GX...*gives egg yolk marshmallows*

Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

i got no votes :( haha whatever, gongrats for all you winners out there

Caitlin

Caitlin Guest

Congrats to the winners! Nicely done, indeed. This was a good competition; there were a lot of great entries. Thanks to those who voted for me, and to GiriosXeni for holding the competition again, ;)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

congratulations to all the winners

thanks for voting for my crappy poem too haha

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Good call. Almost forgot to thank GiriosXeni for another great competition.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Congratulations to all the winners, and everyone who took part in this competition. Thanks to the person that voted for me.

Oh, and a super-sized thank you to GX for hosting the competition, and whoever else helped ^_^

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I guess I'm getting a lot of thanks for this. I feel so loved.

This competition is not for me. This is for you guys. You guys are awesome, and here you go. You are big fucking welcome. And I mean that in a good way.

I'm giving a big thanks to Andrea, who helped with the pinning and closing of the competition threads. Enormous help. Thanks to all of you for supporting this competition. Without you guys, this would be another dead post on the board. Thanks guys. You're the best.

I think I'm going to give TransArhaz a special award...she got top 3 two times in a row. That's just amazing.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

go ahead and give my prize to someone else however you want

that's my gift to the entrants of the contest