Mike Digs Deep (In His Pockets) To Delight

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Mike recently spoke with Launch about Fort Minor's ongoing tour and had an interesting tidbit of information proving his commitment to the project. Said Mike;

"I'll really break it down for you, be totally honest, no matter how well this tour does, if it sells out plus some in every single venue, I'm gonna lose money. You know, most artists would say, 'Okay, forget it. We need to downscale or change something about it so we're not losing money.' But I don't care because I want to bring a great show to people, basically a great value to the kids who come to the show, the people who come to the show."

Just thought of giving kudos to Mike for that.

Source: Blabbermouth

Thanks to Casey!

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Thats pretty sweet, like said. I doubt any other artist or many other big artists would do that.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I appreciate and respect what he is doing a ton. He is doing something huge for the fans and I'm glad I got to see them live. It was an incredible show and it was worth a lot more than the $20 face value for a ticket. This shows what kind of a person he really is.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

the comments on that site made me sad :p

but i love Mikes dedication

Mk_Spike

Mk_Spike Well-Known Member

Yea i hear ya, those remarks were pretty harsh. Like Linkin Park Do not deserve that kinda put down, especially Mike who has done wat he can to keep his fans interested....

GOOD ON YA MIKE!!!!:headbang:

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I remember I wasted a double IPT lesson once searching for Linkin park news on Blabbermouth and reading the comments. It was quite a hilarious 100 minutes.

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

meh....its ok cause death metal is garbage to me........

I dont know how people can get off to a guy who cant sing and to guys that drown their guitars in disortion....any way good for Mike....I appreciate his dedication

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I could rip that to shreds and go on about how boring and conventional and bland LP's music is, but I've done it so many times, it's just not worth it anymore.

Anyways, I love Blabbermouth even more, even if they're all elitist assholes. But I'll be damned if they aren't funny.

"MIKE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS..

..BUT SERIUSLY FUK DEATH METAL"

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Just because the kids at blabbermouth act like they're 13 and with their mothers, doesn't mean you can launch an attack on death metal on these boards.

Read the rules, we dont accept any insulting of musical tastes on here. Perhaps someone thinks death metal singers can sing? You dont know this.

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

poor mike. if only ppl actually bought the cd instead of downloading it. This project is really good too bad no one knows it exists. Either way, props to mike for continuing to give us LP/FM fans great music

Mk_Spike

Mk_Spike Well-Known Member

if u think LP's music is boring and bland y are u apart of theeir forums i dont see any sense in that.

spikeshinizle

spikeshinizle Well-Known Member

Good on Mike for doing this! Seriously, know any other artists that do this? Not too many, especially since he's coming to Australia! It really shows his commitment, not like so many other artists who take their fans money and never give back. I know he can afford it, and he wont go broke becuase of it but its just a nice thing to do.

And I have noticed a trend in death metal fans to pay out anything and everything.

Mushroom Cloud

I said "to me"

meaning opinion.....so whatever....I didnt know not having an opionion was a requirement of these boards.....but hey this is the LPA where anybody with a tag under there name can say all they want.....

I have never heard a good argument for why Death metal should be considered music....yeah LP cant play guitar...their music is repetative...chester can sound whiny....and their lyrics are lame....but at least they can follow basic music theory and their music is approachable and catchy. Oops Im having an opinion again.....better give me a warning

" Linkin Park stops world hunger and has donated all their money to hospitals in India"

"Thier shitty music is so shitty that it taste like shitty balls....they are Shitty and they suck
    FUCK SHITTIN PARK"

Wow blabbermouth makes a great argument

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
    Dr. Faust

Dr. Faust "Your Epitaph Will Be A Barcode"

LP lyrics arn't effin lame:mad: and I heard that scandanavian death metal bands set fire to historic churches and the members of the same band stabed each other for wearing a white sweater.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I once wrote a poem in second grade.

I want to heal
    I want to feel
    Like I'm close to something real
    Then I slipped on a banana peel

LP pretty much stole that from me. Not to mention it's a childish rhyme anyways.

Their lyrics are bland and generic, especially in Meteora.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Respect Mike :p hope he doesn't lose to much money though

Dr. Faust

Dr. Faust "Your Epitaph Will Be A Barcode"

ok, meteora, but not HT.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

Meteora aside...

All HTEP songs
    In The End (Demo)
    Esaul
    Papercut
    Runaway
    By Myself
    In The End
    Forgotten
    A Place For My Head
    P5hng Me A*wy
    Dedicated
    Its Going Down
    Rock and Roll (if they wrote the lyrics, which is a good bet they did)

are (to me) perfectly written songs... Granted when you single off LP's lyrics they dont really have much depth.. but the great strength that makes their songs so good is the universal relation to their listeners and their own experiences in life... How does that differ from other bands? well their sound and style sends their lyrics to a new level and that mixed with Chesters unique voice takes those simple lyrics and churns out an emotionally riddled verse or chorus... take this line "ive felt this way before, so insecure" yeah reads 'bland and generic' but LP has a way of delivering it so well that (to me) it gets you really into that deep reflective state of mind...

As a writer I agree that LP could have done alot more with the lyrics for Meteora but none the less i am really content with it.. especially with Numb, From the Inside, Faint and.. yes... SIB (that song helped me out of a rough patch).. LP has alot of potential to write amazing lyics and maybe they will come out in their new album for those who dont like them :)

Mushroom Cloud

I once again derailed the thread to some dumb argument...god damn me

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

good on mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.