Paul McCartney Makes Surprise Appearance at Grammys

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

oh it is

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Wow what a big part in music history. This is amazing.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I can't believe this :p
    yesterday i was listening to The Beatles for the first time i was intrested in them (say what you want i agree) and now LP and Paul McCartney have been on stage together :p

obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

Well...i take back what i said before....that made the grammys worth watching (ignoring the fact that John Williams didn't win best score)...but newho...that was an awesome performance

heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

HAHA The Grammy Awards was the best I've seen in a while. Linkin Park/Jay-Z/Paul have been collisioned. It was so great and unexpected. Seriously who thought Paul was going to come out, and Chester wouldn't be singing "I'm tired of being what you want me to be" ? It was amazing and Chesters voice has become so much better.
    And after reading the latest released info about LP, and that they're done with the first chapter of their music (Hybrid Theory, and Meteora) and now they're ready to begin a brand new chapter. I'm seeing lest teenage angst, because they're almost in their 30's. The next Linkin Park cd should be the better than what we've already heard from them.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'm quite surprised this happened. It's definitely a great thing though and I enjoyed it immensely.

heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

From: GuitarSoul90 | Posted: 2/8/2006 7:32:26 PM | Message Detail
    You else saw this. The Grammys. It was terrible, the lead singer of Linkin Park was singing along with Sir Paul McCartney's, the Beatles song "Yesterday". It was terrible, The LP dude literally sang out of tune or sang the wrong notes, he made up his own melody and did his own thing. You could actually see Paul's face cringing like wtf.

Paul was singing in tune, the notes in its entirety of the original version of the song, amazing. While the LP dude seriously botched it. Im kinda pissed now. He doesn't deserve to be in Paul's presence....

OMG some idiot on the gamefaqs boards just said this. I almost vommited, then swalled the vommit, then vommited again. I'm sickend by this turn of events. This guy should be beat with a stick imo.

WoW they're hating on LP in this topic I'm reading. Some guy even went as far to say this "Wow, three of the world's biggest has-beens sharing a stage."

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
    Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

i didnt watch the grammy's last night, but i woke up to the radio talking about the LP performance. i saw a small clip of it, and its awesome. my dad is a huge PM fan, so i've gotta show this to him. i thought it was awesome to bring old and new together. i hope we hear something like this again soon

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think that Chesters voice isnt that good in the song. It doensnt match with Paul's voice.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

wow that is just fuckin amazing. i am glad to LP won although you really gotta think that a big reason they won it is because the man that is singing along w/ LP -- Jay-Z. i love LP as much as the next person, but collision course wasn't that good. i do love the spin of "yesterday" Sir Paul though. very cool. wish i could've seen it live, but classes at night kind of don't help with that haha.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yah I think I would have to agree with you. I idn't tihnk the performance was anytihng great. Cool to see Paul come on stage and all but the performance just didn't blend and it had nothing to do with Jay-Z grunting, if anything I thought that helped the performance. Just that Pauls voice and Chesters voice didn't go together so well. I would have liked to see Nas come out too and do Dead Presidents II with Jay.

lpmaniac4000

lpmaniac4000 Active Member

Is it just me or does mp3 only have audio in one speaker/headphone?

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

it's not just you, it is like that for me too

I downloaded another one and it's both speakers, but it's really staticy :( they will rip a better one over time

lpmaniac4000

lpmaniac4000 Active Member

okay just making sure i wasnt insane.

Purehatred

Purehatred Member

Some collision course.. Anyone ??

Shapeshift

Shapeshift Member

I think Jay-Z ruined it. Chesters voice sounding amazing though. So can't wait for this record!

Purehatred

Purehatred Member

One of the Biggest Rappers of All time, The Biggest Hybrid band off all time , and the Legend of Paul McCartney.....

Dont care if Jay-Z ruined some off it.. It was so Great to se them "together", and it really says something about the music today, that no matter what Genre; It is all Just Music....

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Either it's just me, or I haven't seen Chester for a while. He looks quite different to me. And I love how Paul just walked in there, amazing.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I was sitting, thinking about the performance, and I'm not sure WHO exactly came up with the idea to have Paul join them on stage, but I kinda thought it was cool that like the "first" mashup was Jay-Z and the Beatles with the Grey Album, and then Linkin Park with Jay-Z.... kind of ties them all together in one big mashup, I LOVED IT!

if people already thought about this, sorry :eek: lol.. i just think a lot

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

that was amazing.. chesters performance that night was one of the best i've seen from him, especially near the end..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.