Coldplay

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by M.athijs..^, Feb 20, 2006.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Coldplay are a great band and I do think they are magnificent musicians (hell I saw them in 2005 and it was incredible). But to go as far to say they changed music forever or saved it in 2000? Not at all.

Coldplay were not a 'breakout' band until at least three years later when The Scientist came out. That was the record that really made people turn their heads, and even then..not everyone was a fan until X&Y. X&Y was the record that made Coldplay blow up into argueably the biggest band out there right now (considering people think LP are 'no more' when its far from the truth).

Get your facts straight. I love Coldplay and even I know that they didnt save music in 2000. 2000 was the year of Eminem and Linkin Park (although they didnt have the top selling honor till 2001).

Of course, this thread isnt to debate who saved the music industry in 2000 is it? No it's to ask who hates and who likes Coldplay. :|

Shiraz

Shiraz Well-Known Member

Well, I think that they saved music and all I did was speak my mind.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I agree with them being boring as hell.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Meh... I don't like Coldplay at all, I think their music is a bit boring and i just can't say i've been intrested in them ever. I think X&Y fits the 90's better if your saying it saved 2000 i mean that it would've saved the 90's but not 2000 because of all the other artist making their thought about what 00's would sound like for their band or their style ...

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I agree 100%. I think their music is would be nice to fall asleep to if I thought it sounded decent. I know there's alot of fans of them out there, and some of my best friends are big Coldplay fans, but I dislike them very much...

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

they are really good - any of their cds is a cd worth buying (they are all a good listen)

shame they wont be about for a while...

Shiraz

Shiraz Well-Known Member

Coldplay have started writing their new album. Coldplaying.com is constantly up to date with the news.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

They want to stay out of the spotlight and won't have any new material for awhile.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Coldplay is one of the most amazing bands out there. I have all of their albums and they are one of my favorites.

True, major attention didn't come to them until X&Y, but it was a very highly expected album. Clocks and The Scientist won them the attention, therefore gathering more fans when X&Y came out.

A great band, without a doubt.

Shiraz

Shiraz Well-Known Member

hmmmm........yet they're already writing new material. strange.......

GrafiTTied

GrafiTTied Well-Known Member

i agree coldplay is pretty slow and drags a bit, but somehow i find it very fixative. Like for example 'fix you' after watching it I keep singing the song if not aloud in my mind again and again even though i dont like it much.i find Chris Martin's voice very................. hypnotising......