Not Too Dark and Hopefully Not Too Spooky

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by B7rent, Mar 1, 2006.

B7rent

B7rent Guest

With the new album susposed to being darkm spooky poppy and very melodic im kinda worrying if LP is goin soft on us and if there is gonna be like all songs like the Queen of the Damned songs he did like Walking Dead, i hope not bc i kinda want more of what they were doin like in meteora and hybrid....

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

we'll have to wait and see :)

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

end of. :lol:

B7rent

B7rent Guest

Well dont u think itd suck if they went all dark and stuff and didnt stay with how their music is goin?

LP8998

LP8998 New Member

Most likely whatever they do with it, it will be good. Remember the was another time when Chester said he couldnt go into the studio because of all the screaming he had done the previous day so it could be a mix of both.

B7rent

B7rent Guest

True.... thatd be nice for a mix between maybe between some of Chaz's variety of types of music w/a mix of mike's stuff. That might be cool if they did some songs were it was just chaz or just mike too....

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I just hope it's more than 30 minutes long.

I want to get my downloadmoney's worth.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'd rather a change from the previous material. They can't just regurgitate the same stuff over and over again.

I'm sure there will be harder songs on there. And I'm sure there will be a pop ballad or two. But at least we can count on variety, from what we've heard and who we know is producing.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm getting kinda tired of hearing that. I've seen bands change completely from one album to the next and it was not good. In the only case I can think of, it IS good. Take Chevelle... now in my opinion their first album suuuucked, but their 2nd and 3rd albums were pretty good, because their whole format was different and they sound totally new. Now if LP does something similar they could dig themselves a very deep grave. They are already an amazing band, if they change to much, it could be a bad thing.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

No, they're not an amazing band. I'm getting tired of hearing that.

Maybe you're one of the people with the low expectations who liked 'Meteora', but it was the same regurgitated material. 'Hybrid Theory' was a great album, but 'Meteora' was tailored too much to sound like it and they ultimately failed. If they keep going with the same sound, no matter what they come out with, it's never going to beat 'Hybrid Theory'. Thus why they should try and evolve as artists and try new things instead of trying to capitalize on previous success. If they try something new, and it doesn't sound great, I'll have a lot more respect for them than if they tried to make another album in the same vein as 'Hybrid Theory' or 'Meteora'. What you're saying is that you want the band to be held back and not change their formula. It's been five and half years since 'Hybrid Theory' came out and the musical landscape has changed, so they must change with it instead of trying to bring back something that's old and tired.

B7rent

B7rent Guest

Good Point

dudeman_OG

dudeman_OG Well-Known Member

I really don't think that Meteora sounded like Hybrid Theory at all, sure there were songs to fit the format of Hybrid Theory, but you cannot say that Nobody's Listning and From the Inside sound like standard Hybrid Theory. I think they should take their new album to somewhere between Hybrid Theory and Meteora, keep that good combonation of singing, rapping, and screaming, but maybe branch out on some songs and do things different on a few songs, see how the fans respond, and go from there.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

'Meteora' didn't completely sound like 'Hybrid Theory' because it was a watered-down version. The only songs that stook out and away from the Hybrid Theory sound was 'Breaking the Habit', 'Hit the Floor', and 'Nobody's Listening.' Everything else you could relate to the musical techniques used on 'Hybrid Theory'.

Mark is right and I totally agree with his point of view. I would respect Linkin Park more even if their album didn't as sound as good, but as long as they had a new musical formula. Linkin Park is working with a great producer (Rick Rubin) who was worked with many successful artists. There is a good chance that Linkin Park's new album, along with the new formula they claim to apply, will be successful.

If Linkin Park were to stay with their Hybrid Theory (and Meteora) sound, Linkin Park would just lose a lot of the respect they've gained. The sound is old and Linkin Park needs something fresh. As Mike said earlier, they're still keeping their Linkin Park sound, but the formula is different.

System, by the way, was a song that Jon Davis wrote. And I believe that Walking Dead was a song that only Z-Trip and Chester made. Not the band as a whole.

Zack

Zack Banned

I'm sure there will be screaming on the new album. If you remember, Chester told the LPU, his most loyal fans that there will be a lot of screaming. We'll have to wait and see. I don't want LP to go soft either, but if they want to, there's no stopping them. I still think there will be screaming, but you don't have to take my word for it.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well, From The Inside is standard LP-ish, and it still follows that hardened formula of: Verse/Chorus/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Chorus.

Actually, Nobody's Listening keeps with that pattern basically.

What you've recommended LP to do has already been done. They've tried different songs and branched out, and went from there.

They tried Nobody's Listening, gauged reactions, and now we have Fort Minor.

They did Breaking the Habit, and the 'description' of sorts that Chester gave (the thread title [minus the 'not's], in other words) the album fit that in my opinion.

So you see, they've already done what you 'came up with.' And I'm pretty sure Meteora is still very similar to HT. They even follow the same tracklisting, basically... with the instrumental song second to last and the super-emotional climactic song at the end.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

yeah Meteora does sound like HT but i dont really see that a a negative thing.. coz all the songs sound excellent :)

they've done alot of other things that sound different.. HTEP, Reanimation, CC and ofcourse their many collaborations.. So its really no big deal.. and im sure they are going to go somewhere else with this new album.. if they dont.. well ill still be happy.. it'll just suck to be you guys who dont like it :D hehehe

Mk_Spike

Mk_Spike Well-Known Member

I dont care how the new album is going to sound i know that no matter what i would like it. Linkin Park have never dissapointed me and i doubt they ever can...

stonedmonkey

stonedmonkey Member

You took the words right out of my mouth. I've been a Linkin Park fan since Hybrid Theory first came out. It's been a while since the album was released and my musical taste has changed and expanded in more ways than one since I've listened to Hybrid Theory. Having said that, not a single Linkin Park release has disappointed me thus far. Granted that I have my own preferences as to which I'd listen to more often, but I never truly felt let down by any of their albums. That's a good point that you make there Mark about how they should try different things on the new album and I agree with you to a certain extent. They wouldn't want to stray too far from their tried and tested formula, but far enough to be able to say that they've tried something different or something new. Furthermore, they've matured and "evolved" (if you may) as musicians and this will definitely have an impact on the new album. The work ethic that Linkin Park have as a band, is one to be admired. I'm sure that at the end of the day when the album's out, whether it's as good as the first two, or not, or even if it is better...the bottom line is I know I won't be disappointed, and that's why Linkin Park remain my favorite band to this day.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

I think that this album is gonna sound great. Im imagining it as a cross between Hit The Floor, and Easier To Run. But I really hope mike gets some songs without chester on there. Chester had a lot of his own songs on past albums, its Mike's time to shine.

Nothin*2*lose

Nothin*2*lose Well-Known Member

Well said........ and I also agree. A friend of mine wants the new album to sound like Meteora but sure if they did that then it wouldn't be as interesting or new. I suppose all we can do is wait in see what it turns out like and if it's good(which I'm sure it will be) and if it's bad I'll buy it anyway!!