New Album "Dark and spooky, poppy and very melodic".

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

Thats also true.

@zakrisk: I was amazed when i was browsing the LP forums about a year after meteora released to find out people HATED it. I always thought Hybrid was better, but i love meteora aswell. Each to his own, I guess.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

yeah, ya gotta let everyone have their own opinions, i agree with both of you guys though, i loved meteora

people get stuck on one sound and expect every cd to sound the same, like KoRn, i haven't heard anything good about them since like their 2nd/3rd cd because it "isn't them"... i personally love all their music, but everyone is attached to their intitial feelings/sounds of a band

oh well, i think this has been stated, lol.. :eek:

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

If the word "poppy" wasn't in the title, this topic would not have 80 posts.

dudeman_OG

dudeman_OG Well-Known Member

lol, yeah. I liked HT way better than Meteora, but it had some good songs on it for sure. Breaking the Habit, Somewhere I Belong, yatta yatta.

ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

am i the only person here that thought meteora was better??

HatchR4gt10

HatchR4gt10 Member

yes

finality

finality Well-Known Member

Yeah.

Rhazmuz

Rhazmuz Active Member

Nope, I totally agree with u on that.. IMO Meteora has a more "complete" feel or sound which i like very much.. Meteora feels more mature to me :clover:

sickcycle

sickcycle Well-Known Member

Actually, Meteora did have better elements, some of the music was better on it than HT, however HT's lyrics outshine Meteora's by two suns, though Meteora I feel is still a very good album to listen too. Personaly, with whatever LP does, I can't wait, and I am not going to speculate much on the sound until I hear a sinlge, to much contradicting information for me too anyway.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Obviously me saying LPA itself was hyperbole, but you got the idea.

And, you're completely right: the internet is more important now than it was before. But, do you honestly think that's what was going through his head when he said all of that? He was purposely saying that to fool fans on the internet?

And, if you respond yes, then why? Why would he even bother? It's not like your fans reading that is going to hype it up. Hype would come if he said something that even people that aren't fans get excited about (my personal definition of hype). So, yes, it is entirely possible, but I think it's also entirely unlikely.

dudeman_OG

dudeman_OG Well-Known Member

I think that we should stop arguing and just wait for the album, then you can argue about if it's poppy, or dark and molodic, or whatever the crap you want. But this arguing about the album before it comes out is rediculous. I've stopped trying to decide weather Chester is fooling with us or not. I'm waiting. And to you, ant, if Chester was fooling with us, it probably wasn't just directed towards internet fans, all fans that are real fans will have heard this somehow. If he was fooling, it was to all of us fans, not just internet fans.

P5hng Me A*wy

P5hng Me A*wy New Member

hmmm

ok i have to admit that when chester said it wasn't a hard heavy rock album i got a little worried...but then i remembered that they know what the hell they're doing and they know what their fans will like so i guess we should just wait and see what happens. but just in case.....i'm gonna pray that they don't screw up this album.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

I think Meteora is a little better. But Hybrid Theory and Meteora are both way up there on about the same level of greatness.

Of course the world liked Hybrid Theory better than Meteora. People will bitch about it in either two ways. Let's take a typical complaining Lp bitch--1. "I don't like Meteora because it is a clone of Hybrid Theory." or 2. "I don't like Meteora because it sounds too different from HT." ...

So it all depends on which way you want to bitch about it really. I'm sure ppl will say "oh I don't like the third album because it is not hybrid theory-ish enough for me." When in fact it might turn out a great album, just unique. Can't people just like more than one sound?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
    tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

nup.. Meteora is my all time favourite album... followed by The Rising Tied which just overtook my love for HT :)

people can have their opinions.. but i dont really read much into it coz i love meteora hehe

LPFMKoRn

LPFMKoRn New Member

Mike reads these MBs?

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

He posts on the FM Boards, LP Boards, LPU Boards, and FMM Boards.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been here a couple of times.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

He knows about the LPA :lol: Someone on here went to a meet and greet and told him if he knew what the LPA was, he smiled and said yes. or nodded. Anyway, he knew what is was :p

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Well, the LPA is linked on the actual LP site, so I'm sure he must have looked through those links sometime.

purplegecko72

purplegecko72 New Member

:wub: we will love linkin park no matter what, they haven't failed me so far.

20. mathew51b

mathew51b Well-Known Member

i prefer meteora, i just prefer the sound of it...

and, well i would like to hear something different from them, but i dont know whether ill like it or not...

was this off topic?!

okie, so i dont get how it can be screaming and melodic, unless...
    its like melodic screaming,.......

i would prefer melodic though i think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.