Mike Updates Us On New LP Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Shiraz

Shiraz Well-Known Member

I'm getting worried now by Mike's words. The way he's putting it, they seem to be approaching the new album the way they did with Meteora. Of course it will be very different from Meteora, because of Rick Rubin. But it seems that they still don't want to let go of the rap/rock structure that gave them success. And I have a feeling I won't enjoy too much of that if it happened this time around.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
    Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

dont be so moronic. why would they change a sound that made them millions of dollars and that everyoen seems to enjoy. just cuz youre out of the stage in your life where you do not want to hear rap metal, that doesnt mean that no one else wants to hear it.

if you dont like rap metal, then dont expect to like or buy the new album.

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

sounds great, rick rubin has worked with some great bands

Shiraz

Shiraz Well-Known Member

I just don't want every song to sound the same except for two or three which they'll say were the "innovative" songs, if you know what I mean.

And when Mike raps, he needs to rap with the Fort Minor intensity.

Oh, and don't assume.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Everyone DOESN'T enjoy their sound.

In fact, many a critic has pointed out how formulaic and such everything is.

I severely hope that LP isn't thinking like you and only making music for the money (in which case you'd be right and they wouldn't change their sound a bit). A part of me hopes they will try to evolve rather than stick with what 'everyone' loves.

Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

im not at all saying that its for the money, but people like that sound. im one of them. i totally appreciate more of a Faint / OSC song then a BTH/Nobodys Listening song. theyre rap metal is what made em big, now what they ened to do is have it make them bigger. innovative songs are great, but i want some scream metal. im not being assuming, just pointing out my opinion. <3

linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

*sighs loudly*..

These arguments are going to continue until the new album comes out aren't they???

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Yes. :D

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

i'm sure whatever they do is going to be great for us LP fans. we shouldn't set the bar so high and make assumptions. as someone said earlier lets be patient. its only a few months away. time seriously flys...

linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

Perfect... -_-

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Ummm...you're wrong there...I enjoy their sound so obviously you're wrong to say everyone doesn't enjoy their sound. I think the majority of LP fans like their sound. In my opinion it's morons who think that it's stupid that LP songs sound the same and run the same formula. Umm...it's their style? Geeze, if you want to hear something different listen to something else, maybe? If you don't want to hear the rap/rock style Linkin Park does then listen to some other band!!! This is what I say:

I don't want change, I want Linkin Park.

By the way, Meteora was an amazing album. Those people who put it down for sounding like Linkin Park are ignorant, in my opinion.

Shiraz

Shiraz Well-Known Member

actually, he meant "not everyone enjoys their sound", which is 100% true. he did NOT mean "nobody enjoys their sound", which you seem to understand it to be.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

A majority of Linkin Park fans are also at a stage in their life where they'll pretty much musically 'eat' anything that's thrown at them. Just look at the majority of the bands that are currently popular.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

He needs to rephrase it then.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Or you need to learn to interpret things better.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

We didn't know they had 40-50 ideas, and he described how they're approaching the new album, so I wouldn't exactly call it worthless. I think it's nice how he's keeping in contact.

In my opinion, you should listen to your own words and respect others' opinions instead of calling them ignorant. That was completely hypocritical. Get off your high horse.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

When you check your e-mail before I do, you'll get some credit too!

Moronic? What you just said was moronic.

They would want to change their sound because they are aware that a good majority of their fans want them to expand and evolve. You realize that if they keep the same formula, you'll get bored. You might say you won't, but when you get another Hybrid Theory, especially a watered-down version, you'll get bored of it.

And you think they won't make millions of bucks if they change their formula? Every Linkin Park fan is going to buy or download their album. Why? Because they want to hear what evolvement they made. Who knows? You might like it.

But if you like the Hybrid Theory formula, then I guess not.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
    tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

heheh ok take it easy i was just playing :)

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I didn't say they were ignorant if they didn't think it was an amazing album like I did. I said that if they were putting it down just because it "sounds the same as all the other Linkin Park songs" they're ignorant. Maybe I was wrong, but I think that it's obvious that a Linkin Park album is going to sound like the other Linkin Park albums. It's them, it's their sound.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You need to rephrase it then.

I don't know about you, but that just screamed "Agree with me or you're ignorant."

People put it down because it sounded like the debut 'Hybrid Theory', not because it sounded like "Linkin Park". And it's a blatant fact, not an opinion, that 'Meteora' was very similar to 'Hybrid Theory'. Too similar to be considered a coincidence.

A band's sound can remain intact without having to blatantly replicate previous successes. We're simply asking for a change from the old and tired formulaic song structures and writing styles. Band's need to evolve their sound, not sound exactly like they did 6 years previous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.