Rob Speaks About New Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Rob had alot to say in a recent LPU chat about the new album, 'Meteora' remixes, the Machine Shop Mixtape song, touring, and the chance of a new DVD that could possibly be included with the new album.

New Album:
    "I think the new album will definitely have some softer, piano based songs."

'Meteora' Remixes:
    "There are Meteora remixes? Oh yeah those. Those will make their way to the surface sometime, I don't know when."

Machine Shop Mixtape Song:
    "We attempted to go into the studio for a day and the song turned out a disaster. Right now we're focusing on our new album, but later on we'll focus on re-writing that."

Touring:
    "We are very very excited to headline Summer Sonic in Tokyo and Osaka with Metallica. We had a great experience touring a couple summers ago with them and I look forward to kicking off our touring cycle in Japan."

DVD:
    "We haven't been filming yet, but we will start when we go into the studio. And Mark Fiore [Frat Party at the Pankake Festival] is still going to be working with us. He actually put together the Militia video series for those of you in the Fort Minor Fan Club. You'll actually start seeing some of that footage in the coming months on special LPU pieces, and new LP newscasters."

Thanks to Paul!

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

New Album:
    "I think the new album will definitely have some softer, piano based songs."

So many people are gonna take this to the heart and start to cry lmao, but I personally want Linkin Park to have 'My December'-like songs, so not a bad thing at all. More power to them!

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

I think the new album will definitely have some softer, piano based songs

whoa what happened to lots of yelling and screaming..unless they have yelling..with piano...NAHHH

Spectral

Spectral Active Member

This is actually a very good thing. I mean... my december was very good and it's good to hear that they are not so afraid of changing the sound that we are all used to.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

this is a little bit more info than normal, and i like it. im glad they are already planning a dvd and a touring cycle. i really cannot wait for some actual footage or audio from the band

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

So what this album is.. is dark and spooky, poppy, melodic, with soft piano bases, and a ton of screaming..? Sounds insane to me.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

Rob said the album will have soft, piano based songs, that could mean one or two songs on the album, but the rest could be dark, spooky, tons of screaming, etc...guess we all gotta sit tight!

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

that would be awesome if a dvd came with the album in some special edition package or whatnot. i really want to hear some new material!

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Ugh, I was praying for less piano and strings. But I can actually see the new album being Linkin Park's Vheissu.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

P.p.p.pardon? LESS?! Piano and strings are amazing sounding and if their new album has more My December-ish songs then right on!

Remixes? I want remixes.

All that other stuff was kool too.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Less piano and strings? I didn't know LP had much of that to begin with. lol

spikeshinizle

spikeshinizle Well-Known Member

This is great news! Not long till we start getting some new LPTV kinda vids yay!

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm kinda iffy on this. My December and Breaking the Habit were good because they were one-off songs different than everything else the band had put out during that time period. I don't want an album full of songs like that though. =/

Piano and live strings are cool, I just wish they'd incorporate them into the heavier songs more this time around.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

This is awesome news, I am just about dying with anticipation here. It sounds like they're stuffing too many different types of descriptions about the album however..But oh well, I hope that the finished project will blow my mind. Meteora remixes?!, sweet, I never thought they'd actually consider it, a second Reanimation style album on the way? I hope so.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Piano + rock might be awsome.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

i think we are getting so many descriptions because there are over 50 songs to choose from and each bandmember probably has their own view on what songs they want to go in the studio with.. Also as we know from the past the band isnt really great on describing their own work :p... Keep in mind that Rob said "some" songs will be piano based... and i think that is good because i love that side of chester..

i was surprised that i hadnt heard any bitching yet in this thread.. good work LPA :)

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

VERY well stated :D

natalie_16_2k5

natalie_16_2k5 Well-Known Member

I really cant wait now. Oh my god. Im starting to get a buzz already.....

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

excellent cant wait :)

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

am i the only one that got so excited that they started listening to all the old LP stuff? :eek: shit... i'm such a teenie, but i'm twenty and male. wtf is happening with me? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.