Not Too Dark and Hopefully Not Too Spooky

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by B7rent, Mar 1, 2006.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I wouldn't say that. I haven't heard anything put out since 'Hybrid Theory', other than Rob's drumming and Chester's screaming, that's really improved.

You guys remind me of most of us before 'Meteora' came out. You can realize why alot of us are bitter now. We had our expectations too high and we were ultimately let down. Reign in your excitement, it'll do wonders in the long run.

stonedmonkey

stonedmonkey Member

Oh yeah my bad I meant in terms of experience. In other words, they've now put out two different albums and the pressure that they had to deal with when making Meteora doesn't exist anymore...which should change how they write the new album. I remember when commenting on the making of Meteora Mike mentioned that they were trying to keep up with the standard of Hybrid Theory (a second album thing that bands face after having released their debut album). They won't have to put up with that and they're a much more experienced band now having played more shows and having been in the music industry business for longer.

B7rent

B7rent Guest

yea...

yea linkin park is gonna try something new to get us to like them and show us not only that they can be popular and make good music with a wide variety of style but still stay towards the kindof linkin park we all know and like to hear...

Pandemia

Pandemia Active Member

Well, guys I'm a musician and lemme tell ya sth: 2nd albums r NEVER good (though i really liked METEORA) and sum artist let down their fans on pourpose with their 2nd album just to realease an amazing third album. I was a pop artist, then I wanted to turn into rock so in my 2nd album I put sum rap-ish songs and sum rock (soft) songs, and then dark pop. Many fans didn't like it, and now my 3rd album it's all about rock, with rappin and screamin', now I'm a full time rock artist, I know i lost a lot of former fans but have whole of new ones and I'm really happy with what i do,. I think that meteora was sth experimental to lead to a darker, heavier project. Just wait 'n u'll see great things happen!

B7rent

B7rent Guest

Ya i guess we will haveta wait and see but now w/ Rob saying that its gonna be more softer, piano music it just sounds like theyre gonna be making more softer slow songs like My December.... its just dont u think they should atleast stay more upbeat and stay hip hop/rap too... bc i mean, that is what made them and that is what ppl have liked about them and basically expect to hear from them...

fuber4

fuber4 Member

I hope its not going to be anything softer and have more piano music. Not that I dont like the piano because I do but I dont think that it would be that good if it had alot of piano. Chester sounds good in slow songs but i mean he sounds better when he is screaming and stuff like he does in One Step Closer, With You, Lying From you, and Faint. It would be cool if he had a mix of slow and upbeat like he did in In The End..... But thats what I think...

B7rent

B7rent Guest

Ya that would be nice... we're gonna haveta just see and who knows maybe there will be a few preview/demo songs out soon. Who knows maybe theyre just trying to confuse us w/ all these mixed messages from chester saying he did alot of screaming to rob saying stuff about alot of piano so hopefully there might be a good somewhat mix of slow and fast paced songs...

miny_girl_LP

miny_girl_LP wow the dark side has cookies!I'm there!

Whatever they do they'll still be the best!!!I even want to more hard then usual ,but still ,it has to have melodic songs!hahahaWhatever......! :peace:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
    JustHollowNAlone

JustHollowNAlone Well-Known Member

Whens the Machine Shop mixtape with their 3 day song that Phoenix talked about coming out???

B7rent

B7rent Guest

wow not off topic

DIJ Metal

DIJ Metal Banned

no.....

kat_LP

kat_LP New Member

QOTD

walking dead wasn't on queen of the damned...system was
    i dont know what walking dead was off but it was only featuring Chester

kat_LP

kat_LP New Member

i can't wait for the new album...just to see which direction they've taken

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

The song they tried to write in three days was a disaster. From what I heard, they're going back to rewrite it.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Remember next time to use the edit button instead of double-posting. That's what they're there for. :)

System was on the Queen of the Damned Movie Soundtrack, Walking Dead is on DJ Z-Trip's latest album, "Shifting Gears" which was released last year, featuring Chester.

EMIN3Mfan

EMIN3Mfan Active Member

yea i hope they dont go soft. dont get me wrong there soft stuff is good, but it shouldn't be all soft and dark. we need that beat...you know get your ass up type!!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

whatever direction linkin park decide to take on the new album, they're gonna branch out in numerous directions in terms of what they will try out and experiment with, no doubt. anyone who has heard "meteora" will see that they did try to do some different things to put some new elements of their [evolved] music into the album. while some fans didn't really appreciate it, i would say they still put enough work into it and they have probably learned a lot from it.

adding to that, throughout their career as musicians, they know full well what the fans are expecting of them. they're not going to go "poppy" if they know the fans won't like it. if the fans don't like the music being overly dark, the band will consider that. they don't want to change beyond what their fans recognise. as they constantly said, paticularly when "meteora" came out, they want fans to notice that their music is different in terms of experimentation in comparison to "hybrid theory" but despite all that, the fans will recognise the sound as that of linkin park.

and so, no matter what they do, they have it as a first priority to please the fans before anyone else. that should be enough to say that they'll consider what the fans want from them for this next release.

and i don't care what linkin park decide to do. they've experimented with a lot in their previous releases, especially with "reanimation" and "collision course", and i had no problem with any of those. i don't think anything they do will ever disappoint me. understandably, since their sound is thus seemingly changing a lot, a lot of fans don't appreciate it at all - but it will inevitably come back to their trademark sound from "hybrid theory" to "meteora" but with things that they've learned from their previously released material. and this progression of trying out new things while retaining the old sound will continue.