Live in texas - Somewhere i Belong

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by AeeroH, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    AeeroH

AeeroH Member

Greetings.

I bought Live in Texas and jesus its nice. Ive seen all the songs more than 100 times:D But there is one song i actually dont like. Somewhere i Belong which i think sounds weird, i think the "real" song is much better.

Is it just very hard act live?

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

Some LP songs are better live than others. I think the "Rock Am Ring 04 version" with the alternate beginning adds a much better flow and feeling to the song live than the "Live in Texas version".

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

i agree, some songs changed in Live In Texas was very noticable. personally, i love the entire DVD/CD.

iamnumb23

iamnumb23 Active Member

yeah, like in One Step Closer, they added another verse, which kinda built up to the ongoing "shut up's"

Great DVD, that one is.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Unfortunately, some songs performed live are worse than the actual recorded versions. Personally, there are only a few songs that Linkin Park performs better live, rather than their actual recorded versions. And One, in particular, is one of the best songs that Linkin Park performs live. Same with the High Voltage reprise.

I can't say that Linkin Park's performance on Live in Texas is all that great. I mean, hey, it's a live show, and that's the only reason it's good for. If I could think of any song that sounded good on there, it would probably be One Step Closer. That's about it.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

You do know they didn't add that verse for LIT right? It's on the Reanimation version of the song.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"P5hng Me A*wy" is clearly better than the recorded version.
    ... "one step closer" is pretty good live, "figure.09" was awesome (i didn't really like the song to start with), "papercut", "don't stay" ... there are quite a few good live songs on "live in texas".

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

personally, the best song on there was "dont stay", due to its intense feeling from everyone. i do agree that some songs didnt sound as great as they should be, but you have to admit, its awesome to see them live, bad songs or not.

iamnumb23

iamnumb23 Active Member

AGH!!! The only problem is that I haven't heard that track on Reanimation. ^_^ I'll listen to it, see if the studio recording of that track shows the same emotion as it did in LIT.

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03 Banned

k umm

wth is lit!!! lol

LPrlzFrEvr

LPrlzFrEvr Well-Known Member

I like SIB LIT version better than the original. My opinnion is that the most LP songs are better live (blaa, blaa)

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

LP are real good live but i know what you mean when you say SIB isnt as god as the recored version

dudeman_OG

dudeman_OG Well-Known Member

I think that LP is one of the only bands that sound good live.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

usually LP's songs are better live than the studio version because i guess coz you can see the energy and also they add their little changes to the songs... SIB doesnt seem to have that aspect but im sure if you were in the crowd while they played it you would think differently... kinda like alot of FM songs that blew me away when i heard em live

Mk_Spike

Mk_Spike Well-Known Member

I didnt go i watched the dvd but yea i believe the reason of linkin parks success was due to the fact that they perform so well live. I just dont agree with the people who say that some of the concert wasnt performed well, it was maddd

Zack

Zack Banned

I didn't like Somewhere I Belong in this concert either. I guess it's because for some reason, I never cared that much for the songs, but also because it seemed off-tone and weird.

minuteforce

linkin park's second DVD, "live in texas" featuring live footage from 2 concerts in texas (houston and dallas) which was then spliced together to form what appears to be one concert. the band wore the same clothes and played the same set for both days, of course. ;) the DVD also features some degree of backstage footage. the audio CD contains 12 audio recordings from the DVD, while the other 5 audio clips were released later via LPU 3.0.

about "somewhere i belong", i prefer their performance at RAR 2004, because not not only did they start off the song well, but they doubled the length of the intro and the guitar work was incredible. likewise, many of the songs of that set are great (compared to their other notable performances) 'cause by that point they had experimented a lot on how they could make their performances different from they usually are. i love them. :D

"somewhere i belong" sounds weird 'cause of the way they mixed it for "meteora". chester's vocals were louder and whatnot due to the mixing and he had the time and all to make it sound good when he recorded them. that and i think he was sick, which supposedly makes those vocals different - similarly, it has been noted by others that chester's vocals in "from the inside" were different from his vocals off the other songs on the album - it is therefore generalised that it is due to a combination of chester being sick and the mixing process.

"live in texas" has one "new" intro, which was for "by myself" - specifically for those shows - plus the extended one for "a place for my head" which they always do, i think.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
    lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

i got Live in Texas and i thought it was great. i really liked "P5hng Me A*wy" and the extra verse of "One step closer".

Justmuse

Justmuse Well-Known Member

well i don't know.i enjoyed all the songs.really.

minuteforce

my favourites from "live in texas" are (in no particular order) "figure.09", "by myself", "P5hng Me A*wy", "a place for my head" and "one step closer". and maybe "papercut" too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.