D12's Proof Shot & Killed

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Paul, Apr 11, 2006.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

This is devastating. I was such a big fan of his...I honestly can't believe this.

R.I.P.

Justin

Justin See you there

This is terrible. Proof was a great rapper, and like many others have said, he didn't get the mainstream respect he deserved.

Contrary to what Neil said, Proof didn't have that 'hard-ass gangsta' edge to his raps. He was a well-known and well-liked person amongst the Detroit community.

For all you Linkin Park fans, in the 'thank-you' section of their albums, Proof is mentioned. They also did a concert with them in Detroit.

It is kind of scary about how Proof died in the 'Like Toy Soldiers' music video.

linkinpark4life_69

linkinpark4life_69 Well-Known Member

Now whenever I hear the song "good die young" its gonna make me think of him. They were a good rap group, though bizarres lyrics are kinda twisted, but whatever. Never thought he would be the next rapper to go. Well miss him.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You're not getting a warning for that. I don't see why. You didn't flame him.

Sometimes I swear, Neil, that you actually take the time to think out the most inconsiderate and undereducated shit possible to post in threads like this. Wow.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I was a huge fan of Proof. In fact, one of the reasons I liked D12 was because of Proof's talented contribution. I was completely floored when I saw this on the front page of Yahoo. He was so young, and he was killed over some drunken argument. This is just truly depressing and sad. The hip-hop world has lost a talented rapper today. Rest in Peace Proof.

Justin

Justin See you there

Oh, and Neil, you've really got to stop making stupid comments about people you know nothing about.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Bizzare was no where near the shooting. He was home in Atlanta.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Justin: Proof has done a lot for the Detroit community. He gave a lot of upcoming MCs the chance to freestyle at one of Detroit's freestyling facilities to hype up their name (The character "Future" in 8 Mile is based on Proof).

With the exception of a handful of songs, D12 was mediocre at best. Proof as a solo artist on the other hand, was mad underrated and deserved to be known more than just as "Eminem's Friend" or "The guy from D12".

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but I'm surprised Todd didn't post in this topic saying something like "Hip-Hop sucks and whatnot".

There was also that suppose Mike Shinoda/Proof track rumor going around for quite a bit. I wonder if Mike will comment on Proof's death.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

A human life is a precious thing. All the man did was write lyrics: good or not, it's a personal opinion. If you honestly want someone to die because you dislike their choice in words, then maybe you need to experience a similar punishment either upon yourself or involving someone you admire: whether it be a role model you've never met or a loved one. How would it make you feel if one of your family members or close friends were shot in the head and somebody intentionally mocked the situation to your face and wished the situation upon your future outcome? You wouldn't enjoy it.

Sorry for the double post. I felt like this needed to be a post on it's own.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

This all seemed very surreal up until I actually SAW it on a news program here at home...

Gorramnit.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I can't imagine what his family and friends must be going through, particularly Em, who has had a pretty rough year.

Also, I would like to request that when subject matter such as this is posted, people need refrain from making pointless/hurtful/etc. contributions. I'm not going at Neil specifically, because I first read about this on a collegiate forum (for nerds) and people were really inconsiderate of this man's life.

Justin

Justin See you there

Neil, Proof didn't really portay himself as a 'gangster'.

linkinparkgundam

linkinparkgundam Member

That sucks.....

It's kind of sad that some people have to resort to guns to solve their problems....

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

There hasnt been too many celeb deaths that really sadden me, but this one really just gets to me. He had the rest of his life to live and enjoy, but some jackass just stole it away from him. I really wish the best for all his family and friends.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That's terrible. My condolences go out to his friends, family and the remaining members of D12.

The weirdest thing is that I downloaded one of his albums (I think) yesterday morning...

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

same here - RIP

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

did the other guy survive?

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I was referring moreso to D12, not his own music. Listen to some D12 albums and you'll see. As Ryan said, it's the crowd he was involved in.

natalie_16_2k5

natalie_16_2k5 Well-Known Member

IM A SPEECHLESS!!!!!! I cant believe it, I've only just heard. Jesus christ! I love D12, oh my god. I really cant believe it. This is so sad.

RIP PROOF!!!! God Bless....

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.