LPU

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by JustHollowNAlone, Mar 31, 2006.

JustHollowNAlone

JustHollowNAlone Well-Known Member

LPU as we all know is Linkin Park Underground. I have not yet joined because I have some questions and I know nearly all of you guys in here are in it so maybe you can answer them? (w00t) If I join LPU 5.0...do I get the first 4 CD's as well as the new one? And is it $25 per year that you are in it...or just that one installment of the LPU? And do you have to pay to renew your account every year? Oh and one last question not really concering LPU, does anybody know when the '06 Machine Shop Mixtape is going to be released...that's supposed to be the one with the new LP track.:pcwhack:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Since I also am not a member of the LP Underground, I can't really help you with all of your questions. As far as the Machine Shop Mixtape, Rob Bourdon said that the song they were recording for the mixtape turned out to be a disaster, so right now they're focusing on the album and will come back to that later.

I don't think you get all of the previous LP Underground CD's along with joining LPU 5.0, but I'd think that through the LPU you'll be able to get the tracks (maybe not? I don't know).

And it is $25 a year. I mean, when I was thinking about joining, that's what it said.

nkramar

nkramar LPA VIP LPA VIP

To try to answer your questions:

There are 2 levels of membership -
    Online only ($12) - Gives you access to the LPU MB, chats w/band members, ticket presales, etc.
    Full membership ($25) allows you all of the benefits of the online membership plus the package (5.0 CD, t-shirt, etc.)
    No matter the membership, it's paid yearly.

Each November, you're given the choice to renew to receive the new package at the same time everyone does, or you can wait to renew until your membership is about to expire. Example - If you joined today, your renew date wouldn't be until 4/2/2007, but on or around November 21st, you could choose to renew. Your membership would then be extended an additional year, until 4/2/2008. If you chose to wait until your membership was about to expire, obviously, you wouldn't get the 'new' package until you renewed.

Upon joining, you'll get the the package, including the 5.0 CD. The previous CDs can be obtained either through the referral program (2 referrals gets you one of the previous LPU CDs, chosen by the LPU staff at random) or by purchasing them from current or former LPU members on sites such as eBay. Sales/trades of merchandise on the LPU are prohibited.

JustHollowNAlone

Whoa...thanks! So what exactly is a referral program? And if I keep getting some of these "referrals" could i keep gettin random LPU cd's or am i only allowed to get one cd at random?

nkramar

nkramar LPA VIP LPA VIP

The referral program is pretty simple (at least in theory)... Get others to join the LPU and get them to list your name as the person that got them to sign up. Prizes vary for the number of referrals you get.

JustHollowNAlone

Oh I gotcha! Thanks!

JustHollowNAlone

Oh I gotcha! Thanks!

Zack

Zack Banned

You should DEFINETLY join the LPU. I've been a member since last year, but I've liked LP before that.

To answer your question, if you join now you'll just get the 5.0 Cd of Live 8 tracks. The only way you can get 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0 is by joining the LPU and recruiting members. The more you recruit, the more stuff you get and you only have to recruit two people to get a select LPU Cd I think.

If you join for the 25 Dollar package, you will be an official remember. You have to re-pay 25 Dollars when 5.0 moves on to 6.0, but only if you want the 6.0 package. So bassically, you will still get all the online features.

I asked Rob on the LPU Chat about the Machine Shop Mixtape and for some reason, my message didn't go thru, but some Hahn guy asked and Rob said the machine shop turned out a disaster, and it's not coming out. It sucks, but I'm not upset over it anymore.

Hope I helped!

JustHollowNAlone

Hey yeah thanks! Lol. I'm always checking this thread thing. If i do recruit thingys are there chances that i'll get the same cd twice? and is there a way to get the 1.0 (ep re-issue)?

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

If you get the same CD twice be sure to let the admin folks know and something can be worked out. Or you could swap with someone else, it will work out in your favor eventually. As for the EP reissue.....I dont know.

ProEdge

ProEdge Well-Known Member

I think they ran out completely of the EP reissue. That was a rarity in itself and I doubt they have more to give still.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i've always wanted to join LPU; i've been the biggest fan i could be without being part of it, simply because i don't think i can afford it and even if i could, i'm not sure if i can go through the seemingly complex process of sending money and whatnot ... :(

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The packages are only available for the year they were released. The 'Hybrid Theory EP' re-issue was offered in November 2001 and was no longer available once the second year started in November 2002. It's a yearly subscription, you don't pick your package, you just sign up if you like that year's package.

linkinpark62191

linkinpark62191 Member

hey. i signed up to be in the lpu. i got my shirt and stuff in the mail, so i'm a member, but i can't get into the site. everytime i type in my password and stuff, nothing happens. i've been a member for a couple of months now. but i can't get in to do anything. do any of you guys have suggestions or anything? i've been to the "help" section and all, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. i got the full membership package. & i can't just rejoin. what should i do?

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

Check your email you registered with because the site was down over the holiday weekend last week and some people had their passwords reset. If you dont have anything then email the Admin, [email protected] or [email protected], and they can help you out. Be sure to include your LPU member name and precisely what the problem is when you send it. Good luck!

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

If you do end up joining, please say I referred you...

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

In response to an earlier question, you can still get the HTEP Reissue (or any of the previous LPU CD's) through the Referral Contest.