Has Linkin Park lost fans???

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by thesungoesdown, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    nari

nari Well-Known Member

yea i know how u feel but the same thing happens to me with another idol of mine Casey Donovan i'm the only one that likes her in practically the whole skool and i always get told by people who could u like her she fat of she's ugly when it's none or them i worry bout i like her because she had a beautiful voice but yea i'm not the only one that likes linkin park @ mi skool just bout all mi friends lie linkin park and heaps of other rock/metal bands .

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

as pathetic as it might sound thats exactly how i am lol. especially recently cuz i've been going through a lot personally. LP and Coldplay helps sooth the anger, frustration, STRESS, etc

miny_girl_LP

miny_girl_LP wow the dark side has cookies!I'm there!

I know.....if i don't listen to them...i'll ....i'll probably freak out.The screaming Chester's shouting is the scream i can't never let out.So he screams for me!!!hahahaha.When they lol i just salute them with one of their songs cause they are STUPID to understand the true meaning of the word FAN!!!

Linkin_park_chick

Linkin_park_chick Active Member

Yeah I know people that arn't as big fans anymore because of the whole rap thing going on with collision course then fort minor. Im not into hip hop, but linkin park had the right mix and the unique music to pull it off. And it sounds great, and made me a hige fan. Hasent lost me as a fan and cant wait for the new album, whatever it brings.

And One

And One Active Member

Well, I must admit, I did go off with Green Day for awhile. I just fell in love with Homecoming. Then, by, magic, or something, in the summer of '05, I happened to find all of my good old singles, LPUs, and albums while digging through my cd collection. And that brought me back to reality.

But, when you think about it, Linkin Park have been delivering the goods since 2001, we just haven't noticed.

2001 - Hybrid Theory, Frat Party At The Pancake Festival.
    2002 - Reanimation, LPU 2
    2003 - Meteora, LPU 3, Live In Texas
    2004 - Collision Course, LPU 4
    2005 - Fort Minor, LPU 5
    2006 - NEW ALBUM =D, Snow White Tan

See? No reason to lose fans, they've been alive. Hell, MS and CB have been on various MTV shows, like Punk'd and Cribs.

iridianwolfdante

iridianwolfdante Member

I doubt Linkin Park loses fan because of musical tastes, but their CD's take so long to come out it discourages fans. When Fort Minor arrived, many people thought Linkin Park had broken up because they haven't had a new album in a while. Oh well, I guess it'll be a big surprise when their new 2006 album hits stores.

linkinparkgundam

linkinparkgundam Member

Postwhore.... Isn't that the truth.

And Minus Xero last statement, I agree with it.

Justmuse

Justmuse Well-Known Member

I started listening to LP bout a year ago and can say that I still enjoy their music.I had times when I listened to smth other but still knew I like LP.I guess I just had no mood or smth.Although some songs remind me of bad peroids of my life , this wont force me to quit listening,singing and enjoy it.

Sub6

Sub6 Member

Yeah, i've got alot of friends that use to love linkin park and still do. Alot of them don't like them as much because they think they have joined Jay-Z and arn't going to make anymore music without Jay-Z or w/e. I personally think Jay-Z ruined there music and all together i hate Collision Course. I use to be into all that rap, but it gets anoying after awhile. Just having a person saying yo yo i wana bang that hoe and fuck this fuck that, besides almsot all rap has retarted computer music in the background, and i no some of computer generated music takes talent but come on?

EMIN3Mfan

EMIN3Mfan Active Member

i meant right after each kick ass album

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

inevitably, as their sound evolves and changes according to what the fans want, linkin park won't be able to please everyone. some don't like the ballads, some don't like the screaming, some don't like the rapping ... and so on.

if they wanted to keep every single fan, their sound would be a lot more ... "poppier" and/or too similar of other bands. instead, they've clearly opted to keep their own unique sound and there are many who don't appreciate that. i like linkin park (and individial members therein) for the music they make, whatever styles they may take up in order to create what they feel the fans want and what the fans are expecting, particularly for this next release.

personally, i'd say that linkin park mainly lost fans with the release of "reanimation" and "collision course". this would say that linkin park fans were, to start off, not that appreciative of rap. "meteora" also lost them some fans, for various reasons ... the songs weren't "hard" enough, the album was "watered down" and what other reasons they may have ...

i loved "reanimation", and "collision course" was pretty good, but some fans are simply sick of linkin park supposedly lacking new and original material. i'm into collaborations and i don't mind any of it.

their next release will undoubtably continue the progression of experimentation that was evident between "hybrid theory" and "meteora". by now, they know what works and what doesn't in terms of production. they will try their best to cater to what the fans want and what the fans are expecting of them in order to improve their sound. that said, they will therefore take up a lot of experimentation in their sound in an effort to come up with something new for the album ... but as always promised, they will keep it to the extent that their sound, despite being new and improved since they're evolving as musicians, maturing and thus trying different things, still retains the identity of linkin park's unique style of music.

EDIT: i've taken the time to read more of this thread...

to all of you who are saying "the 13 year old" point of view is out and that the fans are growing up ... the musicians grow likewise and they face similar changes in their way of making music. you'll notice that while "hybrid theory" described the raw emotions of your average young teenager, "meteora" went for a more mature sound and its lyrics had a bit more optimism rather than totally angry and nothing more.

along with having changed in their view of life as they grow up, linkin park's sound has similarly changed. it's not all just heavy guitar and screaming; while they know that there are some who like that, they know that they must broaden themselves and expand as musicians, and so, while keeping the element that the initial fans were absolutely in love with, they did some different things to twist their sound a bit and hopefully produce something new.

of course, there are some who are simply opposed to change in linkin park's sound; these are the people who left linkin park following "reanimation" and "meteora". i really liked "reanimation" because it broke the stereotype that linkin park was just another rock band who got lucky; "reanimation" clearly brought out their hip hop side for all to see. everyone thought they had simply "re-hashed" the songs, but if you listen to the album, the songs are totally revamped with a whole new sound, totally challenging the idea of your average "remix".

"collision course" did something similar; before "collision course" came out, i know many people who have told me that linkin park is not hip hop. as a big fan myself, i know full well that is wrong. following the release of "collision course", due to the fact that many of linkin park's fans by this point were hard rockers ('cause that's all they thought linkin park was) were disappointed and thought this was a total revamp of their sound. "collision course" completely changed the idea of mash-ups, but no one seemed to realise that. those who stayed with linkin park obviously appreciated this, and those are the loyal fans who don't care what linkin park do, because they know that linkin park will try to please the fans, no matter what. they learn to build on their failures. they too realise that they will have to lose their fans if they do something really drastic like mashing up with jay-Z. but all the same, they know many people will like it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
    Sub6

Sub6 Member

I stayed with linkin park myself even after Jay-Z crap :)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

yeah, same here, but i didn't see the mash-up as a bad thing, that's what i'm saying.

the snow white tan album is being delayed; it's planning to hit shelves by 2007 due to the new LP album which is a more important priority.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
    Sub6

Sub6 Member

Awww its delayed now!?! What!!!! I've had Hybird Theory, and Meteora for like 2 years now.... i need some new stuff... O well its probaly worth the wait :)

manutd

manutd Member

Linkin Park haven't lost me yet and never will, but a lot of my friends don't listen to LP anymore (well maybe not so often). Anyway I don't think that after Meteora there's something from LP, which is special or good enough, that's why people don't like them as they used to... LET'S HOPE THAT THE NEW ALBUM WILL KICK ASS!!!

Sub6

Sub6 Member

Barly any of my friends like LP or ever liked LP.... They are all like there crappy wana be rappers....... And i say there not, but they react to me and say well they got a (thing that they put records on or w/e and move them back in forth fast) i forgot the name but yea. They say they got thoese right? Then there wana be rappers..... They just don't get good music when they hear it.

@li

@li Banned

LP hasnT LosT FaNz iN PaKisTaN though........

aLL mA frieNdz Like eM..........

@li

@li Banned

DoEz NeboDy knOW weN Lp iZ coMMiN tO PaKisTan???!!!

U2 is havin a pakistan tour in junE !!!!

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Don't double post.

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

T my school, noone likes Linkin Park except like a couple o people. I have a Linkin Park picture in my locker and when peoplle see it they say eww... Linkin Park. Theres one kid in my school (hes my friend) who said, they used to be cool but now they suck. aNd then the next day he brought a Linkin Park wallet to school and sold it for 5.00 to my friend. I think a lo of peopledont like them any more because they havent made any music in 3 years, so people thought that they quit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.