the omen 666

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by minuteforce, Apr 27, 2006.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

disclaimer: i apologise if there's already a thread relating to this topic. just close this thread if that is so. nonetheless, i haven't found one so i'm starting this one.

this is a thread on the new remake of "the omen", entitled "the omen 666". discuss "the omen" trilogy and the remake and compare it and whatever else you do with threads like this. ;)

http://theomenmovie.com/ - official page/international trailer
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/theomen/ - teaser trailer

the movie is released on the 6th of june this year. i'm sure you all know that. :)

keep it clean.

Mk_Spike

Mk_Spike Well-Known Member

Yeah im really looking forward to watching this movie it looks great. The release date being the 6th of the 6th of the 6th sparks an uneasy superstition though.....they say that the original movie was the first ever to show a proper decapitation so yeah im hoping that they can live up to that title once again and kill out any other from other movies,show them how its really done lolz :p

minuteforce

the nanny scene..... can't wait for that. :D

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I saw a documentary last year over the making of the original Omen and it explained how all this fucking weird shit started happening so much so that they believed the devil was working his power to try and stop the production of the film. There were quite weird things on record around the producations but I counted them out to mere coinsidences but when I saw that one of the producers died 6.66 miles outside a dutch town called Oman that did kinda seem a bit strange so I wonder if there's a 'curse' on this make too :lol:

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Probably not. :lol:

This movie actually looks freaky as hell. Sure it's a remake but I heard that they are doing some new stuff too. Apparently the decapatation in the original wasn't supposed to be like that. Jennings was originally meant to be killed by a pane of glass dangling from a crane above his head. When he bent down to pick up the knives, the glass would drop and decapitate him. They tried several times to achieve the effect, but each time the glass leveled and landed horizontally. They suggested the glass could fly off the back of a truck instead. The original version of the scene appears in the novel.

And with the technology today, i'm sure that one will appear this time in the movie.

And the full trailer is now up on the apple.com site that was posted eariler.

minuteforce

they were also thinking of having lightning impale father brennan.. but it didn't work out. 'cause they couldn't produce the needed effect.

"During the course of filming, the production was plagued with a series of "curses", which the crew suggested were perhaps supernatural forces trying to prevent the filming of the movie. Such "curses" included: the plane for scriptwriter David Seltzer was struck by lightning; Richard Donner's hotel was bombed by the Provisional IRA; Gregory Peck canceled a flight to Israel, only for the plane he'd chartered to crash, killing all on board; a warden at the safari park used in the "crazy baboon" scene being attacked and killed by a lion the day after the crew left, and, on the first day of shooting, the principal members of the crew survived a head-on car crash."

crazy shit. :D

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Actually, it's just called The Omen.

minuteforce

stop the presses.

lol...not according to preliminary sources. :D

Dr. Faust

Dr. Faust "Your Epitaph Will Be A Barcode"

The child had the same piercing look in his eyes as a guy in my class.

This is deffently a film I'd like to see.

Friskey™

Well it's called The Omen. Look on the promotional stuff. The only reason for the 666 is the release date is 6.6.06.

So shut the hell up and understand that we're right.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

The two links in your original post already prove you wrong.

And yes, I saw the trailer. In theatres. I can verify myself that it is not called The Omen 666.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
    Luke

This film is called The Omen 666...........that's what i would have said 6 months ago :lol:

It's just called The Omen now, they ditched the 666 bit ;)

Mk_Spike

I like the 666 part....Because the general public dont really understand the significance of the numbers 666. Putting it in the title makes it more,i dont noe, significant? and yeah people will realise o shit theres a date 6.6.06 lolz

Luke

Wont know the significance? The number 666 has been like the 'devils number' for ages, I think 9/10 people from the public will know what 666 is about.

Mk_Spike

but not many people are into all that superstition religious talk so i doubt they would have ever heard about it before

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Seems like a great movie !

Didn't all kinds of weird stuff happen on the set of The Ring 2 ?
    Guess it's just a publicity stunt or something all though I kinda think that what happened when the were making the original film is too strange.

Hope it's a good remake ... not like most of the other movie that they've been releasing the last few years which don't even come close to the original movies.

Luke

How the hell is 666 anything to do with religion? It's been established as a famous 'number of the beast' for ages in the western world so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

I don't think I've ever seen The Omen?
    Or is that the film with the little boy and the bicycle?

Friskey™

yeah. plus a woman hangs herself joyously, and a guy gets beheaded by a pane of glass (first for a movie)

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

Oh.
    I don't think I've seen it.
    I just remember a little boy on a bicycle when I was watching one of those "horror movie countdown" things.

I watched the trailer, and apparently they've replaced the bicycle with a razor scooter. haha.
    But other than that, it looks pretty good.

Last edited: May 1, 2006