Kingdom Hearts 2

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mk_Spike, Apr 25, 2006.

Mk_Spike

Mk_Spike Well-Known Member

Hey guys, Im located in australia so the game still isnt released down here till the end of the year:mad: so um i was wondering, due to the fact it was released in the US on march 28 of this year, if anyone has it and what their thoughts are about the game. I was also asking if there was a special significance on the number 12 in this game, just due to the fact that all the clips ive downloaded have the numbeer 12 counting down to 1 and each time the roman numeral comes up a sentence or words appear. They kinda look to me as laws or something like that. Anyway i just really want to noe about more goss

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Not sure about the number 12 thing, but I do know that the game is amazing. The fighting system is the same, and the small annoying little issues that were in the first one (ie. Having to scroll down the menu to open a door, talk, etc.) have been replaced by just pressing the triangle button.

Plus, can we say 2 Keyblades? :innocent:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I think you mean 13, and it's relevant to the Organization 13 which you learn all about in Kingdom Hearts 2.

The Doctor

That was my guess too.

Chris.

Yeah, I don't really remember anything with the number Twelve.

Mk_Spike

soz yeah it was 13, ive got several clips from the game and um yea like i see the roman numerals count down in each of them. But as they do several words appear with them, problem is they scroll down too fast to be able to make them out. And with the two keyblade thing, how freaked am i about that it looks awesome on the clips, but wouldnt it be a lil hard to control them both?
    :bounce:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

About as hard as pressing X repeatedly.

Mk_Spike

O ok.....but like yeah o man im so excited its killing me that i have to wait. All the clips look so good and the fact that there is like seventeen final fantasy characters in this series and like there is a whole lot more of these mad looking charaters (roxas etc) and yeah, i just hope im not dissapointed

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

my friend has the game and ya theres new summons like chicken little and such but you still have genie as a summon. I'm probbably gonna get it as soon as i get 50 bucks i loved the 1st one and this one sounds kick-ass from the sound of the description by my friend

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

So there's quite a bit of rumors going around the Disney won't be involved in Kingdom Hearts 3 (yes, it is in the works, appearently) due to the hidden ending. You can watch it somewhere on YouTube.

Thoughts?

Minus

I seriously thought the Disney parts were crap. Seriously, all you do is re-enact the plot from the movie that you're in (although I must give props for using the plot of Return of Jafar).

Rework the Disney parts and get REAL PEOPLE to voice the FF characters. Because those voiceovers were... YEAH.

I don't know what I'd do without Disney in the mix though... would they still be able to use the characters? (I haven't seen the hidden ending, so yeah)

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Okay, I just realized I worded that post wrong, but yeah. Disney wouldn't be involved because they didn't like the ending, but because of where the series is going. All I'll say about the hidden ending is that it hints at total war, which is something that my friends and I agreed that it is a direction that Disney just wouldn't take.

Mk_Spike

what could
    possibly be rong with the ending that disney would want to pull out.like the fact that disney is in this game gives it its original flavour and is a part of why it is good

Chris.

I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the Disney stuff in the game. It'd make it less likely for me to get made fun of when I tell my friends that I play the game haha. Anyway, the hidden ending is really mysterious and there was an interview with the creator about a KH3 in which he said that it wouldn't be a sequel but it wouldn't be a prequel either. He also said something along the lines of it not being in the same storyline as the last two. It's really all too confusing.

Mk_Spike

Yeah you got a point...i get laughed at wen i rave on about this game at school.But with it not being like the first two....do u rekon it might mean like having it kinda like final fantasy in the way that some of them have no relation to the others? Yet have the same gameplay? well i dont noe....as long as like yea they keep doing the things i love....great story.....great cinematics....a lil bit of romance hehehe and yeah....the gameplay...as long as they keep those

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm wishfully thinking that the third installment will take on a story that brings together every character from the Final Fantasy series and they'll all be given a bigger role in this next installment. An event would cause all of main characters from each FF which links all these characters into the story. Who knows, maybe they'll include characters from others games that can relate to these characters, for an example, Dante from Devil May Cry.

It's possible =P

Minus

Square-Enix working with Capcom (Dante from DMC)?

That's like them working with Disney!

Like THAT will ever happen.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You gotta have hope!!

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I'm playing this in my spare time and I have to say... I underestimated the series. I never bothered to play the first one (due to it's "cute" overtone), but I have to say I like this style of RPG over the Final Fantasy series. I mostly like this style because of it's real-time strategy element. I don't have to wait my turn to unleash a combo or cast my magic or something to that extent. It's fun, but I've just gotten to having to backtrack for new chapters, and it's getting a bit repetitive.

The voice acting is horrible at some points, though. It seems so lifeless, more or less the Final Fantasy characters and the Kingdom Heart characters. Other than that, the graphics are beautiful and some of the fights are absolutely breathtaking in terms of how many enemies could be on the screen at once. So far my only arguments are epic battles are short and so far, seldom. Hopefully if Disney is pulling out, they can up the viciousness a bit.

Anyways, from what I can tell from this story, losing Disney at this point wouldn't hurt the series. The areas which you fight along side Disney's characters seem more of an "add-on" rather than really an integration of brands. You more or less just take part in the original story than have it end somehow that relates to the story aside from "bad-guy-causes-problem," etc. Although I must admit that playing in movies I grew up watching was awesome. :D

Overall, although I'm not finished with the game, I'd give it an 8/10 or so. It's solid in gameplay (aside from that stupid Little Mermaid level), but falls short in the story and some of the voice acting.

The Doctor