Betrayal

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Creep, Apr 19, 2006.

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

The second person that I confessed my sexual preference to was my best friend; someone that I can trust with anything. A couple of months after telling him he did the unspeakable. He blabbed it out to two of his friends. He trusts them, and he's under the impression that it's okay because 'he' trusts them. I told him that I was greatly disappointed in him and that this was not expected from him at all. I felt betrayed. My trust of secrets with him has flown out the window. He shows little guilt, regret or remorse. He doesn't understand why I see this as a big deal. I'm not concerned so much that his two friends know my secret. I'm concerned that my BEST friend would do this to me.

I find that if a really good friend does something distastlful the negative effects on you are much greater because of the great expectations you have of them. Who agrees? Share :)

miny_girl_LP

miny_girl_LP wow the dark side has cookies!I'm there!

I agree too.I have been betrayed many times and the thing i have learned from this is that i shouldn't trust anyone with anything.And you shouldn't too.If you need a friend to talk to talk to me.I'm from another country but not only that i know what's it like so don't worry i won't blab anything to anyone and i'm a very good listener i may help you even!
    I have only one friend that i can talk to but we've known each other since we started walking!Nothing has flown out of her and thank goodness!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
    Il inno di morte

Il inno di morte A noi si schiude il ciel...

well, I guess you have the right to be disappointed and even mad. It doesn't matter if your friend's friends are not going to say anything, the fact is, your friend should have never told them anything!

It's true, it's hard to find someone trustful, but you can see it this way: us humans kind of need to express our sexuality, doesn't matter if you have the average preferences or different ones, you'll have to show them someday and people will find out. If they think you are worthless or treat you differently because of your preferences, then you can still be happy, for those assholes can't tell the true value of a person, the things that really matter.

But on the other hand, we are all humans and make mistakes, so if he really regrets it then you could give him another chance, it depends on you. I hope you make the right desition, good luck :)

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you see my view on things :) He says that he can't make the same mistake twice. I constantly brought it up for a week. Now I've stopped. I don't think I can make him understand why it's such a big deal for me but I guess I will have to live with him the way he is. He is still an excellent friend that always puts a smile on my face. I can't stay mad at him :) Although some trust is gone and will probably not return.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

it's hard to trust someone, but sometimes you have to or else you would go insane. it's all about respect. i've been betrayed a million times, and i thought i would never trust these people again but i've given them a second times. i haven't been hurt as many times as you would think the second time around.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

You can't trust anyone, no matter how well you know them. That's my belief.

But I'm sorry your friend did this to you. I'd be greatly upset.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

there are some things you should never trust to other people. for example, i told a certain fiance something, he said don't tell anyone. but you know me, i told people from high school that are not even around here and all that, because i needed someone to talk to. two days ago i found out that a couple of his close friends also know. and what's going to stop them from telling their close friends?

and some of these people that know i NEVER would have trusted with my information.

i guess it's kind of a matter of opinion on whether or not you can trust someone.

natalie_16_2k5

natalie_16_2k5 Well-Known Member

im sorry to hear about what your friend did. I was betrayed by my closest friend. So i understand completely. I told my friend that i was self harming and a week later she had told a group of her lad friends. they started calling me psycho, and a load of other shit. the most hurtful thing was that she would join in with them. Since then I havent trusted anyone. And I dont think I ever will again. For what she did to me there is no excuse and no word to describe how I felt. I only hope people will be more careful in who they tell their secrets too. Because no one deserves to go through that.