Alter Bridge

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by DIJ Metal, May 25, 2006.

DIJ Metal

DIJ Metal Banned

Have any of you heard of Alter Bridge? it's 3 ex members of Creed and the old lead singer of The Mayfield Four (Myles Kennedy)

They have a album out called One Day Remains and they're working on a new one right now.

http://www.alterbridge.com

They just left Wind Up Records so now they'll be putting out a live DVD/CD :)

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

They sound too much like Creed, and therefore, I can't stand them.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

They do sound like Creed...considering it is Creed with a new singer.

Creed was good, but I couldn't stand Scott Stapp. Alter Bridge's new singer is a hell of a lot better, and I loved One Day Remains.

I'm glad to hear they're coming out with some new material soon.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Alter Bridge is outstanding and better than Creed ever was. I love them.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Way better than Creed. infact, i am downloading a couple of thier songs right now, which ones should I?

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

download the whole album if you want to.Its damn good

Link

Link lolwut

Download Save Me, Open Your Eyes, In Loving Memory, Broken Wings, and Shed My Skin.

Alter Bridge is my favorite band. Tremonti is by far my fav guitarist, he is simply amazing. Myles is an excellent vocalist. Find the Real is probably the best display of his talent, and Broken Wings is Tremonti's best in my opinion.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Alter Bridge are quite good, I'm still undecided on whether they're better than Creed or not.

Link

Link lolwut

I really like Creed. People started hating them when they discovered they used to be a Christian band or whatever, and then more when Stapp started acting like an ass in public. But all I care about is the music, and Human Clay is definitely one of my favorite albums of all time.

Kilo Lee

Kilo Lee Guest

i like the song they did/Edge's theme for WWE.....its called metalingus or something...........other than that song, i havent heard any songs by them...but i did like Creed a bit

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Alter Bridge are amazing & one of my favourite bands. I'm going to see them live for the fith time next month with Shinedown, I can't wait. They're nothing like Creed, with the exception of genre of music. I was never a big fan of Creed either, but for some reason Alter Bridge I find great. I can't wait for their next album, which has been described as harder, darker but still very melodic.

DIJ Metal

DIJ Metal Banned

If you want to be blown away download The End Is Here. I can listen to that song 24/7 and never get tired of it, it's epic.

Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yes, I feel the same way. I think they didn't change their sound enough to justify a name change.

Link

Link lolwut

What did you expect? 3 band members from Creed, and the sound side of Creed was always top notch. Why change that? And the name change, if you can't see why they did that, then you may be nuts. Creed had one of the worst reputations of any band. The name change was in hopes to shed that bad image that Scott Stapp was mainly to blame for. I think a lot of people have only heard 'Open Your Eyes' and automatically say that it sounds too much like Creed. The rest of the album is different though.

Raj, you're a lucky dude. I haven't even gotten to see them once.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

If you tihnk Creed sucked then obviously you havn't heard thier first album. A classic it is. Thats the only tihng I will give them credit for though.

DIJ Metal

DIJ Metal Banned

me neither. they haven't came to Portland yet, but they've gone to other places more than once. I think I'm gonna save up some money and see them a few times on their next tour

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

No, no. Don't get me wrong - I love Creed. I'll be one of the first people to admit it to a group of haters. But Alter Bridge is better than they were. That's what I meant. I guess I should've probably cleared that up.

Link

Link lolwut

If you guys didn't know, there is a song that was not on the album called 'Save Me' that is pretty damn good. It was on some movie soundtrack, definitely a great download.

And really, all 3 Creed albums were pretty classic, Ryan. Even on Weathered they grew alot.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

No, Weathered was only put out there for one reason, to make money. That is one of the most radio oriented albums ever. Human Clay maybe, but I won't give you Weathered as being anywhere close to a "good" album.

Link

Link lolwut

Bah, radio or not, I can't ever call anything Tremonti does bad. I wish he'd put out solo guitar records.