Has Linkin Park lost fans???

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by thesungoesdown, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i remain a fan with whatever bullshit comes my way for being a fan, regardless of how the next album sounds. ;)

phillylovesLP

phillylovesLP Member

Linkin Park has lost fans, I think that I might have been one of Linkin Parks original fans. My friend told me about this band that had a new style of metal and that I should get the cd so I got it listened the whole way through, and loved every single song. This was before One Step Closer even had a video and from that moment on I knew LP was my favorite band. It was so cool seeing them become so popular and I felt cool knowing how good they were a year before they became so popular. Yet everything has gone downhill since that moment. I grew up, Metora tried to appeal more to the Pop culture and they lost their Metal edge that I had loved from Hybrid Theory. Now with me sitting here waiting for their new album for 4 years I am not a happy person. I've seen them in concert 3 times once in 2000, than the meteora world tour, and than I was lucky enough to see them at live 8 in Philly. Linkin Park has lost fans though trying to appeal to the pop culture. Thats why they will never become a Metallica or Dream Theater because they didnt stay with their hard rock sound.

minuteforce

they're not trying to be metallica. they have their own sound and they're trying to improve it rather than change to become like another band in order to impress some rock fans ...

heirofslytherin

heirofslytherin Well-Known Member

The main reason why Linkin Park has lost its laster is not due to the fact that they want to change their music style so as to appeal to the masses but because their music is becoming too predictable. I'm anticipating the change they'll do to their music for this coming album, it will be different or so that is my impression from the interviews and what not but let’s hope not too radical.

Sub6

Sub6 Member

Umm, sense when did Hybrid Theory sound like metal? To me that album was more predictable then Meteora. In Meteora they used more variations of sound and lyrics. I dont really think they want to be another metallica or Mudvayne. To me, Meteora, sounded better with all there lyrics.

minuteforce

"hybrid theory" wasn't trying to be metal either. the goal of linkin park was ultimately to avoid categorisation. and it still is. according to mike, this time they're trying harder to do so, while still keeping true to the fans. "hybrid theory" wasn't all that predictable to me. neither was "meteora". i saw something new in both albums and that's why i'm still a big fan today.

personally, i like "hybrid theory" a bit more than "meteora", but they're both good to me. if either sound like they're trying to fit into pop culture, that would depend on your perception. "meteora", to me, wasn't as instrumentally based as "hybrid theory" but it still had its own perks in that aspect too; songs like "faint", "breaking the habit", "from the inside" and "nobody's listening" were unique in the instrumental side of things. however, the lyrics took a turn on "meteora" as well; "somewhere i belong" and "breaking the habit" were clearly more optimistic than the material they put on "hybrid theory", because the lyrics were becoming more mature.

Last edited: May 24, 2006
    Sub6

Sub6 Member

Lol, how can u see something new in Hybrid Theory when it was there first album, if im sure; it was there first album. They have been around sense 2000 right? But anyways, besides that point, some people say Meteora lost fans, yet some say it gained fans.... Witch did it acctully do? Gain or lose? To me meteora brought me to like LP more then Hybrid Theory did.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Similar to what i feel too.I used to listen to HT a lot 4 years ago but now i've moved ahead.Not just LP but other similar bands no longer appeal to me.I guess anger as a formula 4 songs is starting to lose its sheen considering the recent flop shows of Korn,LB and others.In that aspect SOAD stands out because their songs are unconventional and they don't always have the "ANGRY" tone.But i still love LP albeit i'm no longer the fanatic

NOT Mrs. Hahn

NOT Mrs. Hahn Banned

well i used to listen to lp more than now
    i started losing interest when i heard mike wanna do a solo album and chester wants to do a solo album
    and after they did cc with jay-z

and i stopped going to lp messageboards...
    but werent here more users online? when i was onlin one and a half year ago there were always about 40 poeple online. now maybe 8......

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2006
    minuteforce

i saw something new with "hybrid theory" in comparison with the music that was big and popular at that point. that's when i stepped away from R&B and rap at the time for something that was very different. and i've been in love with it ever since.

LP has helped me to look into different artists. especially through "reanimation", "collision course" and "the rising tied", and the artists LP and FM have been on tour with; if it weren't for LP and FM, i would not have heard of them. i got into LP as a rock fan. i wanted to listen to rock and "hybrid theory" provided it. but slowly i realised there was a substantial amount of rap too, especially when i got "reanimation". so, despite that i had got into LP to avoid rap (which was very popular at the time), i got into hip hop too. i'm into a lot of genres of music that i now enjoy ... and it all started with LP, so i still like them, more than ever. i don't like them less than i used to or anything, but now i'm into more bands as well. but LP remains my all time favourite band. that isn't gonna change. ;)

X-Ecutioners

X-Ecutioners Member

I consider myself a Linkin Park fan. I still love listening to Hybrid Theory.
    It was their 'rock sound' that got me into LP.

But you know what? Mike Shinoda has sold the fuck out, he has become a fucking rapper. He will change Linkin Park into a hip hop group.

More teenagers will become their fan while losing fans who loved their old sound.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't know how you can say Mike will change Linkin Park into hip-hop group when you don't even know that. I'm pretty sure what you're thinking is surely false because they know they have rock fans. They aren't going to abandon the rock portion, since that's most likely what made them so huge of a band in the first place. Don't judge Mike's success with Fort Minor and compare it to how Linkin Park will sound on their next cd. It's completely stupid.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If he's only recently became a rapper then what the hell was he before? A tenor? And if you're so against hip-hop why have you named yourself after the X-Ecutioners?

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Someting i've been wondering too.Why this hatred 4 hip hop?

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

yeh i don get it either... why ppl hate hip-hop so much?
    anyway, back to the topic... i agree that LP has lost fan, but in the process picked new ones! all i knw is that i love LP and will never stop listening to them.....never

Long Live Linkin Park

candyassorgy

candyassorgy Banned

I agree there.

Dean

Your opinion (and therefore X-Exutioners') has no basis in fact. :)

Sub6

Sub6 Member

Where do you guys get this stuff from? A vending machine lmfao. Sence when did someone have or need to think that mike, cause he cRaps or w/e, will change Linkin Park to a Hip-Hop group? I mena seriously come on... Thats like b4, people thaught they broke-up, COME ON MAN THEY ARN'T THE SPICE GIRLS!

Dean

If I'm reading that correctly, you should look at X-ecutioners' last post.

20. ...Lauren?

...Lauren? Sadist Sagittarius

I don't think it has anything to do with age group. I'm 13, and I listen to a lot of more mature stuff now, and Linkin Park is still my favorite band. Lately, though, all of my friends are saying "You're like obsessed with Mudvayne aren't you?" because, being my 2nd favorite band, they would naturally take the place of my conversation topics when my favorite doesn't release an album in 3 years.
    The reason I like Linkin Park so much isn't because I like their view on life more, it's because there isn't a single one of their songs that I absolutely hate (not counting songs on "Collision Course"), which there are with every other band I listen to.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.