Official '24' Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mark, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

Can somebody PM me a quick synopsis of the last episode? I had to miss it due to a meeting.

2. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

http://www.fox.com/24 has really good recaps.

I've got a qualm with the last episode. How did Henderson know Wayne Palmer was at the Presidential retreat? The Vice President wasn't involved, in the end, so how? And the President himself didn't know.

3. Kate

Thanks, Mark and Friskey.

4. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

He probably knew something when he saw Wayne shooting those guys in the end of the episode.

5. Mark

No, this was before. When he was talking to the First Lady's assistant on the phone. He questioned her about it.

6. Friskey™

I dunno then. I'm sure we'll find out.

7. Mark

Another thing: In last week's episode, how did Wayne get that assault rifle? It was nowhere in the episode, but I'm told it was in a preview. :lol:

8. 越南

越南 Well-Known Member

it was reported that he knocked out one of the men and stole it from one of henderson's guys. It didnt show it in the episode though..
    one thing i wonder about this weeks episode though..

was there any kind of connection whatsoever between the president and walt cummings? I mean they were so close to eachother without knowing that they were working together..

9. Mark

Or President Logan is playing it dumb, like his real-life counterpart.

10. Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I highly doubt that is the case. I really don't think they are making a play off of Bush. I mean as far as I know the writers and producers of the show have the highest respect for George.

11. Mark

I never said they were modeling it after Bush, but I'm just saying it's a coincidence.

I'll play Devil's Advocate here;

I don't know how you know the writers have respect for the American government, considering all the corruption within the Government they write about.

We both know Logan is the mastermind of this, from the previews for the next episode. I don't see how writing a corrupt President into the script is showing respect for the American government. If anything, it shows how possible it is for the government to be corrupt, and shines negative light and doubt on Bush and co.

But it's a fictional show, and like I said, I don't think they're modeling it off real-life. I think you read too far into what I said.

12. Ryan

Well I just thought that is what you meant by "he is playin it dumb like his real life counter-part." I know that doesn't show much respect for Bush but I don't tihnk they are trying to bash hi in anyway. I mean they would probably have had the same stroyline if Kerry was in Office.

I just remember seeing an interview way back with sometime around the first seaosn and the interivewer asked the director a question to the extent of, does the presidents role in this show play off of your guys opinions of any current or past president in US history. The director responded by saying that no, he has the highest amount of respect for Bush and his administration, and they are not singling out any of the past presidents. They just show typical tihngs that can or do occur in office.

13. Kate

HERE BE SPOILERS.

Excuse me for pointing this out, but I don't think that the VP masterminding a terrorist attack, then complying with the assassination of the president, counts as typical. That's just scary.

14. Ryan

I guess not typical, I mean its not everyday you see the president mastermind a terrorist attack on his or her country. But I meant that if a perosn with the wrong intentions gets in power what could happen. ie. Stalin in USSR and Hitler in Germany.

15. Friskey™

I know this is old and i'm necroposting here, but hopefully i'm sure that Mark won't mind since the season finale happened tonight.

I can say that the whole Chinese thing drifted off in the back of my mind and I didn't remember it too well from this season but once Jack said "I'll be back, I promise" I knew something was up...it's typical. But, i'll be honest and say that while this season wasn't the best, it was more emotionally intense than I have ever seen this season and that's a cool thing. Now, if Jack can kill more people, we're go :lol:

And at least we got to see him all beat up and shit, I don't think we have ever seen Jack look like that.

Bring on Season 6 though!

16. User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

All I can say about the season finale is this:

Hit me up, bartender.

17. 越南

越南 Well-Known Member

Wow what an awesome finale.
    I love the way he finished off bierko...

18. Mark

I missed the finale but I downloaded it overnight and watched it today. It was awesome.

I knew the Chinese Consulate incident would come back sometime, so I saw the kidnapping from a mile away.

It didn't give me the same awesome feeling that last season's finale did when he walked away into the sun along the railroad tracks, but it's a much bigger cliffhanger. Can't wait for the sixth season. I don't know how he's going to get out of this.

I was left confused and kinda let down when I though the President was going to get away with his crimes, but the way Martha was phrasing her questions in their fight in the airplane hangar kinda tipped it off that the conversation was being taped. They didn't show how Bauer was released, though.

Good season finale. But it didn't provide closure like all the other finales did. I guess that's a good thing.

19. Ryan

Yah I really liked the finale, glad they waited a season to bring in the Chinese governmetn thing.

20. Shadow Jones

Shadow Jones Member

Id have to say that i am extreamly impressed with this season as i was with all the other ones. I plan to be waitng out side the wal-mart when they say its for sale at 3 in the morning to get meh copy of it!! :D