Deadsy

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by candyassorgy, Jun 1, 2006.

candyassorgy

candyassorgy Banned

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Deadsy is terrible. They make me want to sleep.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

"The Key To Gramercy Park" is a pretty good song. I've heard the rest of their music and I'm not really that impressed.

candyassorgy

candyassorgy Banned

I agree to some extent, although some of their songs are amazing while others are just watered down.

I still have faith in em' though- new album is coming out so they have their chance.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The only song of theirs that I've heard is Tom Sawyer. It isn't that bad, but it does drag on a bit and the synth is just wank.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I love Deadsy, but they are taking way too long to come out with Phantasmagore. It's been a few years since they first announced they were working on Phantasmagore and nothing new, yet. Nonetheless, I love their music.

I could have sworn you liked Deadsy once upon a time, Will. :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Goddamn, I went through a huge Deadsy period about a year ago. I tracked down song of their demos, the self-titled album, and a song with Cher (which is just absolute shit).

I don't know, I've moved on to better bands, but I still like to pump that album while I'm driving around. "She Likes Big Words" > A.F.I.

DIJ Metal

DIJ Metal Banned

I liked Key to Gramercy Park too but I refuse to listen to anything else because I know they're like Orgy. Orgy is pure crap other than the song Stitches.

Will

I used to like them a lot. But now they put me to sleep. :lol:

@DIJ Metal
    If anything, Orgy is exactly like Deadsy. Deadsy existed first, and Jay Gordon, who is now a member of Orgy, was Deadsy's bassist.

DIJ Metal

DIJ Metal Banned

well you get my point lol they're alike

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Sorry, Rohan. But that's a textbook example of why we put in rule 12 for respecting others musical tastes. That's your first warning.

DIJ Metal

DIJ Metal Banned

This is a thread discussing Deadsy and if someone thinks they suck why can't they say it? the title of the thread isn't "everyone post here if you like Deadsy" and the person who posted it is banned so why warn Rohan?

Mark

Look, I know you've got a problem with alot of rules on these forums, which is shown by the fact that whenever you get the chance to challenge one of the staff members decisions, you jump at the opportunity. I mean, god damn, you're so predictable that I made a mental note to myself when I posted that warning that you'd come back with a retort.

But you weren't here when this place was a cesspool of negative comments about people's musical tastes. People used to be afraid to post in this forum in fear of the backlash. Others were so alienated by the negative comments that they left and never came back. And seriously, how intelligent does it look when the forum is covered with assholes screaming "they suck!"? We're not becoming the next BlabberMouth. I'm not calling Rohan an asshole because I think he's an upstanding member of these forums and he hasn't caused problems before, but rules are rules, and they were made for a reason. You make it sound like we make these rules out of spite for our hatred of free speech. Well we don't. And I'm sick of you pouncing on us (especially me) every chance you get for doing our jobs.

So I've got a great idea. You go make a thread in Feedback where you rip apart each of our rules, and I'll personally come in and waste my time to tell you why each rule is there and justify their existence. That way, we can put a stop to your constant questioning of how I and the other moderators do our jobs and the policies we follow once and for all. Alright?

Any further comments can be directed to my inbox, and not in this thread. There's a guideline; follow it.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Sorry Mark i presume the rules are the same 4 you guys too.Many a times there are instances when admins,mods or supermembers have posted someting similar to my post above and have gotten away with it.Then i ask you why this injustice?Despite living in Canada you went about telling George W Bush was an asshole during the prez elections.why didn't you warn yourself that time?

You said that i disrespected others musical interests.

will here did approximately the same.I don't want you to take that warning back but just ask yourself whether that warning that you gave me was justified.
    Thanks

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

When George W Bush releases a music CD, then we'll warn anyone who calls him an asshole. The rule applies to music, not politics.

Mark

That's actually a very good point. I never realized that post.

So, in fairness; Will's been warned as well. He can thank you for the warning later. Please watch the band bashing, Will.

Thanks.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Thanks i can safetly say now that this place is a fair one.Thanks a million.

Will

My reason as to why they're terrible is that they put me to sleep... i.e., they're boring. But I guess I'll roll with it.

Mark

Thanks for not making a fuss. :p

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

BTW, you guys can say you don't like a band. Just give a reason. Blatantly bashing a band isn't acceptable though.

NOT OK:

"_____ Sucks."
    "_____'s terrible"

OK:

"I don't like _____ because _____"