LPU chat with BigBadBrad..!!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Burak182, Jun 3, 2006.

Burak182

Burak182 Member

LPU Chat with Brad Delson @ 2006.06.02 11AM PST

twix: Hey Brad, my question is, Do you feel that working with Rick Rubin has changed or altered your guitar playing or how you normally have gone about recording your material? And if so can you expect us to notice a big difference in what we will be hearing?
    BigBadBrad: Yes. Yes.

Trine90: What will the lyrics on the new LP album be about?
    BigBadBrad: I have no idea. But I know they will be dope.

underground260: What's up Brad? When is the album expected to be released?
    BigBadBrad: Hopefully by the end of this year.
    UrbanMyth: Hey there Brad, would you say that your new sound has 'evolved' like Hybrid Theory in comparison to Meteora for example?
    BigBadBrad: I would say even more so.

VetaLP: Brad, what kind of relations do you have with Rick Rubin: is he a hard nut or does he treat LP as his musical child?
    BigBadBrad: He's been a real inspiration to our entire group. He's super smart and has great ideas. And he's really challenged us to expand what we're doing.

wisk: what is the new album gonna be called? have you guys decided?
    BigBadBrad: It's tentatively titled "the LPU chat." Just kidding

Vestax: Hi hi Brad, what's been the most fun thing for you while working on the next album?
    BigBadBrad: Just being in the studio, writing- getting to be creative.

yourlilgoddess: Hey Brad! It's LP's first MAKE A WISH kid, Chelsey! I was wondering how the new album is coming along and if you're excited for it's release? Oh and do you want to pledge my Cancer Society Relay team? haha thanks again for everything!!
    BigBadBrad: The album is coming along great, I can't wait for you to hear it. It's so good to hear from you. Good luck on the relay!

yigit: Hey BBB,my question is Can you guess our(lpmembers) reaction when we got and listened new lp album?could we adore new songs?lots of love from Turkey!
    BigBadBrad: I hope and anticipate you guys will love the new music as much as I do.

xBrazilianChickx: Hey brad are u excited about touring again after such a long time?
    BigBadBrad: It's been really nice to be home, and yes, I am excited to eventually begin performing our new songs.

alexp: Hey Brad, South Africa says hi!!! So how exactly do you guys decide when you're gonna start working on an album? Is it just a case of inspiration that's built up over time? (oh, and could you (the expert) recommmend a good e-guitar for a beginner?) {bye_smiley}
    BigBadBrad: We're always writing, although this record will definitely capture a moment in time for us, be it a long one. As for started guitars, you can't go wrong with a Fender Stratocaster.

andimabouttobreak: hey Brad, my question is do you think your playing parts on the new album are going to be more simple or more complex than that of Meteora or Hybrid Theory? Thanks alot! -Laurel of Bennington, (no joke), Vermont.
    BigBadBrad: I don't really emphisize simple or complex in my playing, it's just about what I think best serves each song.

Airazor: Hey Brad. Will there be any LPTV type thing coming soon for release of the new album? Perhaps footage of part 2 of that rhythm game. Farts were the next challenge. You guys crack me up! ]falls to pieces[ ~ Amber ~
    BigBadBrad: funny you should ask...stay tuned.

ayla: hi brad will the new cd com with some art and pics like the others?
    BigBadBrad: Although we haven't begun creating album art, I'm fairly certain that this new album will contain extensive visual art, as that is an integral part of what we do.

BNCMajor: will we hear a guitar solo on the next album? Or an other big surprise?
    BigBadBrad: You guys just can't wait to hear a guitar solo can you?

bec: Just bought tickets for Summer Sonic - I am very excited to hear something new. I was wondering is there an LP song you feel has been overplayed and you'd be happy to never hear or play again? If so has that influenced the way the new album will sound?
    BigBadBrad: Not any one in particular, what I'm most excited about is as we create this new album, we will have so many more songs from which to chose when we play live.

Dzaga: Hi Brad!!!What that do you think about your fans???
    BigBadBrad: Funny you should ask. I was just thinking about that, how amazing it is that all of you are so super supportive. It really makes us work that much harder at what we're now doing.

CloserBy: Hi, BBB! What about a new album?... About new stuff... Can we - lpu members - to hear it more earlier? Respekt from Alex Lukashenko of Belarus))
    BigBadBrad: As soon as we have something to put out into the world, we will try to make sure, as always, that that LPU gets to hear it.

cengizhan: Hi Brad , I just wanna ask what will be the difference between METEORA and new album You're working so hard and are we gonna suprised??? thanks a lot from TURKEY we all LOVE you waiting for to see LP (hope to see ya on rock'ncoke)
    BigBadBrad: Our new record will be the next step in the evolution of our group. On this effort we felt totally free to explore any and all creative areas about which we're most excited.

DRUMMERJ: hey Brad. When do you think you will be releasing a demo for us to hear? do u think you guys wil perform in south africa any time soon?
    BigBadBrad: I don't really know, right now we're just totally focused on making what we're doing as great as we can. About South Africa, I hear it's an amazing place and I hope we can get over there sooner than later.

neta: hey B. there is any chans the LP will come to Israel?
    BigBadBrad: We could love to be able to play a show in Israel.

Daniel8474: Are they any plans for an acoustic Linkin Park song? and please, put b-sides on future singles!! cheers, dan (www.anepisodeofempathy.co.uk)
    BigBadBrad: We try not to limit ourselves in any way in our writing process. Any instruments that sound right could become a part of any LP song. I hope that once the songs on the album are solidified, there are a number of additional tracks that can be released in some way for the die hard fans....ie the LPU.

darthyak2001: sup brad. How's the recording been going? With all the touring and stuff I'm sure you've picked up new techniques on the guitar. What new things are you bringing to this LP album?
    BigBadBrad: On this record, I'll only be playing left handed.

Energy: Hey Brad, When Somewhere I Belong was released for Meteora, chester was quoted as saying that 15 tracks were recorded. Even if you include Forward and A06 that's still 14. Are there any Meteora BSides laying about? And what's your favourite cheese?
    BigBadBrad: I don't think there's a whole lot left over from the Meteora sessions that we could release. But I do hope we'll have some additional material after this album is complete.

emmy: Hi! Brad.LP fans in Thailand want to say "hi!" to you ^_^ Actually i don't live in Japan,but i really want to know if you guys are goin to play some new stuffs from next album in upcoming Summer Sonic Festival? If so,that would be great! thanks.
    BigBadBrad: That's the plan, let's keep our fingers crossed.
    everythingfromthe..: hi brad sup? my question is will the new album be heavier or not from meteora or not? thanks and take care greeding from italy

BigBadBrad: I don't think the emphesis for us is really on heavy or not, but rather on writing and playing the best songs possible. But good questions.
    GiriosXeni: Brad, when you were starting out as a musician, who was your role model? How did he/she inspire you? Hope all is going well with the new record, and best wishes!

BigBadBrad: Thanks so much. Growing up my musical influences were extremely varied, everything from Metallica to Bob Marley to the Cure.

BigBadBrad: Thank you guys so much for participating in this chat. Again I can't thank you enough for your dedication and support. I am so excited about the work we're doing in the studio and can't wait for you all to hear it. Until then, I hope there are sufficient oldies-but-goodies to keep you occupied. Best, BBB. LPULPULPU

www.lpturkey.com >>

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

WTF OMG U actaly taulked 2 brad!!!! Im soooo jelus!!!!

That's the response you wanted right? No offence but I really don't think anyone cares about this and I'm pretty sure everyone who is subscribed to the LPU knows that there are certain occasions when you can talk to the band via the LPU chat.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

What the hell, Hellflame? That was completely uncalled for. Don't be so trigger-happy with the new members.

I thought it was a good read. Some new info was shed. Thanks for this, Burak.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, I missed it too, so this was a good chance to see what I missed. Some nice information in there, even if it was scarce. I'm surprised the LPA don't post the transcripts for these actually.

Mark

We usually post something if it's newsworthy but other than them possibly premiering new music in Japan in August, there's nothing else really there to talk about.

Burak182

Burak182 Member

thanks Mark
    i am from turkey
    everything for LP!!

Luke

Yeah I guess I was kinda harsh. Sorry man.

Burak182

Burak182 Member

underground260: What's up Brad? When is the album expected to be released?
    BigBadBrad: Hopefully by the end of this year.

:( we waiting for a long time

i guess new album will release @2007

Originally Posted by Hellflame
    WTF OMG U actaly taulked 2 brad!!!! Im soooo jelus!!!!

i don't understand you so i am turkish
    i just wanna share this
    no problem..

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
    Mark

Alright.

But please don't double-post. That means posting two posts in a row. If you have anything further to add, you can use the "edit" button to put it in your first post.

Please read the rules in Newbie Camp.

Burak182

Burak182 Member

ok i edited my post and deleted second post thanks for warnings..

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Hellflame, what's your problem?!

I personally was thankful for this, I missed the chat and I'm excited that Brad said Rick is making him try some different things.

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

Cool, but that sucks that HE HOPES it will be out by the end of the year.

Burak182

Burak182 Member

waiting waiting for a new album...:(

@li

@li Banned

I cant wait that long ! :(

Burak182

Burak182 Member

e ueu eh :) don'T worry ali
    album will be great .... :):)

Luke

I said sorry alright. To be honest I see people speaking to newbies far worse than I did and they havn't even been spoken to so lay off yeah, I said sorry.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I was in this chat. It was personally very enjoyable and we got some new information from it. Thanks for posting it up, burak182.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

ha thats cool ive never seen one of these chats before i hope it comes out in the summer and not the end of 06