Lostprophets Send Out Liberation Transmission

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by savetomorrow, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Cale.

Cale. Banned

It leaked? Can't seem to find it.

2. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

It's weird how Lostprophets have changed their style over their 3 albums. Start Something sounded almost remotely nothing like Fake Sound Of Progress and from what I've heard so far Liberation Transmission sounds very different to Start Something. Who knows, maybe next album they'll fill the void that Trivium are giving up and turn into a screamo-metal band :lol:

3. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Why fix something that's not broken? We already have Nickelback for that.

I think it's good that the record sounds nothing like their first two. I mean, Start Something sounded nothing like thefakesoundofprogress, so I'm pleased to know Liberation Transmission sounds nothing like Start Something.

I'll have to listen to it before making a judgement though.

4. Jakks

Jakks Point 0

Im dissapointed with the new album album, maybe it will grow on me like start somthing did

5. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Some bands can completely alter their sound and have it work out for them, like 30STM.

But this is a much more drastic change in sound when you compare it to 'Start Something' being different from 'FSOP'. I guess it's just shock for the moment. I'm used to the screaming, heavier Lostprophets. That's the type of music I'm into at the moment.

It's slowly growing on me. I listened to it again in the car today. It's just going to take some time to get used to. Although some of those songs are catchy as hell. :lol:

6. Ant

Ant Ambient

Listen to a new song from the album...

http://www.myspace.com/lostprophets

EDIT: And, BTW, I think the album sounds a little like "Start Something"... like a "Start Something" that got circumsized.

7. Mark

I think it sounds more like Panic! At The Disco than 'Start Something'. Not in a vocals kind of way, but how upbeat it is. :lol:

I liked the rawness of the previous two albums. Ian's vocals weren't the greatest on songs like "Goodbye Tonight", but that's what I liked. It was different. Now the new album seems like their sound has conformed to sound like alot of other bands.

I like the album, it's getting better with each listen. But I sorely miss the screaming and heavier guitars like in "We Still Kill The Old Way" and "Start Something". Those were my fave Lostprophets songs, the songs I identify them by.

8. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The clips did nothing for the album, I like it so much more than I liked the clips.

9. Mark

I was listening to "4AM Forever" on my break a few minutes ago. That has an awesome solo.

I think I'm liking the album more and more because I'm realizing that this is new Lostprophets. I'm not so fixated on how they used to sound. I guess it was something I had to get used to.

"Can't Stop Yesterday" is probably my favorite. It's so upbeat. The keyboard is a memorable part fo that song.

10. 越南

越南 Well-Known Member

im a fan of lost prophets , but im not really feelin their first single

11. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i wana hear the new album alredy!

12. linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

I just finished downloading this album and after the first couple of listens i'm really enjoying it. Its hell of alot diffrent to their first two releases in my opinion but it still has that Lostprophets edge.

13. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The thing I noticed the most about the CD is that Rooftops is the "worst" song on the CD.

I love every other song and I actually do like Rooftops, it just doesn't seem to fit on the CD that well.

14. Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

Yeah I didn't like it at first you just need to let it grow onto you. I've had that same problem with all of Lostprophets' material.

15. JJ

i love the new album - its nothing like the first two albums. i cant wait to hear the new material live. July 6th should be a good day :) its really catchy, thats a good thing i think.

the first two albums where 'heavy' compared to this one. and as Mark said it does have a P!ATD feel to it. but thats good because i like P!ATD

16. savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

The album is really catchy but I don't see why it has to be compared to P!ATD (FOB w/ SYNTHS). Cool optimistic theme behind it like in Start Something. The new sound is different and if people put them down because they are different sounding thats a good thing because thats what artists are supposed to do each album.

My favorites are "The New Transmission" and "Can't Catch Tomorrow"

17. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Doesn't have the edge that Start Something had, but its pretty good. Not a complete failure by any means.

18. *AloneInHerDarkRoom*

*AloneInHerDarkRoom* Well-Known Member

I really like the new song. The video is cool. I can't wait to get the new cd.

19. JJ

this is a kick ass album :)

20. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm waiting until Monday at the earliest.