Football (Soccer)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by FreeYourMind, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Go France! :)

2. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I thought Argentina might have actually gone on to the final but I guess the cruelty of a penalty shootout decided differently. Coudos to Lehmann though for saving 2 of those penalties, it really reflects off what a great season he had ex the champs league final.

I'm looking forward to getting revenge on Portugal today for the 2004 Euro cup tie that we were robbed of, whats better is that we're more likely to win as Deco and Costinha are suspended and Ronaldo is a major doubt, I only hope England can capitalize on this though.

3. Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

MARJ! I'm with you!
    Me and noboy else in my country though. I'm so sick of the 'Nobody on Earth can beat Brazil arguement'. I don't think they shone.

Yeah, even I thought Arg could make it, but yeah, you're right. Plus Abbondanzieri's injury was unfortunate. Franco had what, 3 international caps?
    If El Pato had been in the goal, maybe the result woulda been different.
    Pekerman fucked it up too. Defensive football and Argentina DON'T mix! If he had brought Messi and Aimar instead of Cruz and Cambiasso, then things would have been VERY different. And now, his 19 year old superkid has played only 1 full match the entire touranment.

I want Portugal to win though. Just because.

4. |CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION|

|CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION| Well-Known Member

Lets jus say that there is / was only one die-heart supporter of argentina.. :mellows:

5. Janie Jones

They aren't dead yet! Well, ok, in FIFA they are, but there's always the Confed Cup in 3 years, and Copa America in a year and if that doesnt work out, and the league matches with Argentina players in them...:lol:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  6. |CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION|

ooooo dear lord, Rooney got sent off !!! and Christiano Ronaldo doesnt even know who pushed him..and what the helllll is Peter Crouch doing in place of Joe Cole...ufffff !!!

7. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

When's the damn World Cup over? I want Top Gear back.....

8. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

lol

9. CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

Holy shit, the Portugal goalie, Ricardo, is crazy. Blocking 3 PKs? *bows down* Though I wanted England to win. Love me some Brits.

10. Luke

I knew it from the second Rooney was sent off we wouldn't have a hope in hell of winning the cup even if we did beat the Portu-geese because we would have been ripped apart by Brazil without Terry and Rooney so I guess it just wasn't our year. However I wish we didn't go out to the goddam Portugese national team because I fucking can't stand them with their diving and drama bullshit.

Another thing I'll say is that Sven is an asshole, I garuntee he could care less about this, why the hell play a 4-5-1, the English traditional formation is 4-4-2 for the simple reason being that we are good at it...even if it was necessary to play 4-5-1 why the fuck put Owen Hargreaves as the holding midfield player? Jesus christ...look at the other damn options: Carrick, Carregher or slip Gerrard there...

Needless to say I'm upset but I guess it just wasn't to be, penalties are a cruel way to lose a game but I think the players can be proud of themselves for still doing battle with 10 men even though it was hardly a red card in the first place. The fact that it was a Chelsea player who was acting as if he just got stabbed which got Rooney sent off is irritating and if I were Alex Ferguson I would fire Christiano Ronaldo for having no sportsmanship whatsoever for his own club team-mate.

But hey-ho life goes on, maybe next time when all the players are in their 30's and Theo Walcott is selected in the squad to not play once again then maybe we'll win.

11. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Shitting hell. I'm thinking up new swear words as we speak. The fact that Walcott hasn't played yet is a joke.

You can't really blame Carvalho though. Take another look at what Rooney did to him. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  12. Luke

It's his own damn fault, he was pulling Wayne back and therefore risked sterilization :lol:

13. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I personally think he took it pretty well.

14. Luke

Holy shit, France beat Brazil!

15. mathew51b

mathew51b Well-Known Member

Fuck...stupid penalty shootouts and England.
    I'm sorry, but as hard as penalty kicks are to save...Robinson didn't do that well. We WILL beat Portugal sometime....and we WILL beat Sweden one day.
    France were amazing. They played some of the best football I have ever seen.

16. CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I think Brazil fell asleep in today's game. Can't believe they lost, although France was good too. Semifinals are going to be stress-crazy.

17. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

lol that was my reaction!

18. Janie Jones

France have kept their tradition of not beating Brazil in a world cup match since 1958. Hallelujah!
    *coughHAtoyou|CHYRASLISOFDEJECTION|cough*

Well, now I'm cool with almost any of the teams winning except Germany. Even if C.Ronaldo's expression makes me want to slap him HARD. And Figo is NOT overrated/toooldtoplaywell! WHY do some people think that? Zizu and Ronaldo aren't too old to e good either! It's the attack of the (Real)Madridites!

ITALY! SUCK THAT THUM and KICK SOME GERMAN ASS!

19. |CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION|

I m speechless and too effin depressed to even talk. The truth is Brazil played horrible this WC, they couldn't play as a team, no1 really showed what they are actually capable...bottom line ...they r out, and now i only get to see Meghna dancing around in circles..

20. Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Brazil is out now

still can't believe it too good to be true