My journey

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Zakrisk, Jun 27, 2006.

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

:lol:!

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

I think making comparisons about science to christianity wont get you anywhere. to get to a better understanding about the creation of life and if there is a superior being, we should look upon other religions besides christianity. Perhaps there may be a connection between all the different religions.

But as far as my views for 'God', i think that if there was a designer or a superior being, they were just meant for the creation of all the things.I dont think that they are responsible for what happens after creation.

Its like being a mother of a newborn child, you have created life but have no absolute control of what happens to the baby after birth. You can try to lead that being to the right path, (religions were created to do that) but you have no control over what happens to it over time.

But my thoughts about people being born with defects (cancer,diseases,etc) i think that that person was born for a reason. To make everyone around be a better person. Thats why people created programs and such to help. Think about it, if we were all created equally and perfect wouldnt it make us lesser of a being? We would not have sympathy and compassion towards other people that suffer.

As for religion, I think that every single of them werent created to make us believe in one thing/being but to set the standards for helping us be better people in life. Maybe we're looking at some religions in the wrong way..

I know theres alot of flaws about my random ideas, but its all i can reach up to at this point.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
    Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Well you look at things like the Cambrian explosion and the fact that a book over 3,300 years old knows all of these scientific findings from as late as the late 1900's. That's what I find very mindblowing.

The only flaw I see with this, however, is the fact that humans were created around 4004b.c., according to the Bible. That is when civilization started coming up, but there were people like the Neanderthals in the Ice Age and 50,000 years ago using stone tools. Are those people? Or are they weird apes that are really really like us?

It's a subject that fascinates me alot. I'll probably be studying it for a long time.

NurcX

NurcX Active Member

I think there was possibly a god at the start, who created the world in 7 days, like wrote in the bible. But, i struggle at great lenghts to see a chance of him still being around. Ive never seen him, see anything he might have done. Or it least, i think i havent..

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

The 6 days of creation aren't literally 6 days. We can find out the actual time of these 6 days by studying the time without an earthly perspective, and done correctly you get about 15 3/4 Billion years, which goes along with the Bible and science.

That is why the evolution of man is the only problem that I conclude with. Everything else I see adds up perfectly, but this doesn't.

Without a god, though, what is the purpose of man? What happens when we die? And if we just....stop living completely, what're we supposed to do? I guess we would never really know for sure if we just end up dying, but it certainly is a bummer if we all came to the conclusion that there is nothing after this.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I sometimes think we're just an excperimen
    t

NurcX

NurcX Active Member

What if we just evolved to live, and reproduce? maybe we have no real purpose.. i cant thing of a decent one, we serve..

Seinfeld

...good point...much better than mine ^_^

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Serve whom? The world?

NurcX

NurcX Active Member

Serve a purpose..

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

But we can't have a purpose if there is no reason for us to be living in the first place.

Anyway, I've studied the hominid and early human things, and looked in the Bible along with asking professionals about it, and the hominids don't seem to contradict the Bible.

It'd be too long to explain it all, but if you look for the answers you can find them. I did.

NurcX

NurcX Active Member

My point exactly.. We have no purpose, no point in exisitance, we just evolved here by coincedence..and lucky enought, we learnt to survive, and reproduce.. so there is no real reason for us or anything.. but we are he from evalution.. and went planned by anyone or anything (aka God)

|CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION|

|CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION| Well-Known Member

I think that every thing is just planned from before, and we're just following the path without having much of an option. I dont think i make much sense here...but look at it this way everything u are about to do, has already been done by u at a certain point of time, so basically ur gonna have 2 do the same thing again without having a choice. wateva dat means!!! phewww:blink:
    * drinks a glass of water and passes away *

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Does anyone else think it's plausible that humankind was genetically created by aliens in order for them to study us, like we do with bacteria in petri dishes? Before you dismiss me as a total nutter, think about it.

Seinfeld

yeah....but....what purpose would they have?...destroy?

NurcX

NurcX Active Member

Experiments, its not a bad theory, ive heard lots very similar, just not with aliens, ive heard a theory about life being a computer game, with sum1 playing us..lol..

Seinfeld

Yet again...with what purpose?...

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Does everything need a purpose? Not necessarily. Sometimes things are not always meant to happen with a purpose or reason, but they do.

Seinfeld

my point is nothing has a real purpose if you go all the way from point A to point B

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

And that's why we have UFO sightings. It's them!