Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Chris., Jul 9, 2006.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this movie, but anyway...I went to the midnight showing when it was premiered at a local movie theatre and I must say, this movie definitely surpasses the first movie in just about all aspects. It's very, very entertaining and the special effects are amazing. The acting is superb, with Elizabeth being less of a helpless girl and more action-oriented.

I would recommend this film for anyone who is looking to watch a movie that will entertain you for 2 1/2 hours (which it doesn't even seem that long because of all that goes on).

Also, I found this nifty little article on Yahoo! today.
    Anybody else see the movie? What'd you think?

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I've seen it yeah. It's pretty good. The ending annoyed me a bit though. Can't wait for the third installment xD

The fight scenes when they were on the island were awesome!

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I saw it on Thursday when it came out. It's an amazing movie. Comedy maybe not as good as POTC1(was still amazing though), but their acting, along with that story line was twice as good, if not more. Only thing i hated was that ending :lol: apparently though POTC3 is due out next Summer. That's what an actor (can't remember which one. Either Keira or Johnny i think) said anyway. can't bloody wait!

Chris.

Yeah, I heard Memorial Day Weekend next year. I found a couple pictures from the set of Johnny Depp (Jack Sparrow) in a Shanghai Knight-ish Pirate Costume. It's very different.

The ending was much like the ending of The Matrix Reloaded...it left you wanting more and as much as I hate it, it's brilliant from a director's standpoint because it forces you to watch the next installment. :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I thought Keira was fuglier in this movie than the first one. :lol:

It was really good. Nothing to complain about, really. I'd agree that it wasn't as funny as the first one, but I think it was a solid movie. It certainly does leasve you wanting more.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

i havent seen it yet i want to very badly though, i might go sometime this week maybe or at least thats what im hoping to do

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it, but it still left me feeling like it didn't really get much of anywhere. The big rolling wheel scene went on a little too long for me, but there were some really nice twists and laughs (the shish ke bab). Definitely looking forward to the conclusion.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I thought the movie was great. I saw it on opening day (actually, the midnight showing... hehe) and had a lot of fun with it. I thought there were some very funny moments (especially those alluding to the first movie) and some epic fight scenes. One of the things I enjoyed the most are the WTF moments where everyone, bad guys, good guys, all kind of stop and watch what's going on in amusement. Like half of the stuff was very unbelievable, and the characters knew that.

I think it's safe to say... that one scene (everyone who has seen the movie knows WHICH scene I'm talking about) was very iconic. Picture perfect moment that I wish I had a screenshot of.

P.S. why is it that Keira can look hot even when she's dressed up as a dude?

nari

nari Well-Known Member

yer i soo can't wait to watch this movie hopefully i'll be able to watch this week sum time :D

Chris.

I know what scene you are talking about and I have to agree. I'm also very glad they did it that way because it deserved to be a moment to remember.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Saw this movie tonight. I never saw the first one but I enjoyed it nevertheless. It's not really my kind of film, but it was farely easy to get into. I guess I'll have to see the first and third now.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Shit, I saw it last night but I honestly don't remember.

Booze lawl.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Any of you guys wanna trade me for a jar of dirt?

This movie was amazing. STFU about the ending. There's a part 3 for a reason.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hate to break it to ya, that's a faked image. Photoshopped, if you will.

Chris.

Oh. Oh well. :lol:

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

There's going to be a part three? Wow.

Personally, I thought the first was the most boring movie I had ever seen. I want my 7 dollars back from the theatre. I saw the second a few nights ago, and it was fine, but Cars was right after it and I thought that was tons better. I hope I'm not dragged to the third. I only went to the second one because all of my friends wanted me to go, even though I vowed not to spend money on those films again.

Chris.

You thought the first was boring...and then you say CARS is a lot better?

Wow.

...Lauren?

...Lauren? Sadist Sagittarius

As you know, Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest has the highest opening gross money in HISTORY. It's the most popular movie based on a ride that since, well, Paris Hilton's.
    -Jay Leno (he actually told it as I was reading this thread..)

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Hahaha, yeah. Everyone I talk to thinks I'm crazy. I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan of the movies.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think it was pretty good. My only problems were that, in my opinion, it was about half an hour too long, and even though it isn't so important to a film like this the acting wasn't great, other than Johnny Depp. Pretty much the same as with the original then, except I don't remember whether I had an issue with the length of that.