My journey

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Zakrisk, Jun 27, 2006.

NurcX

NurcX Active Member

Our purpose is somthign elses experiment.. !

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

What if there's a planet far far away that's pissed off at us because of our morals and decide to bomb us without us knowing?

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Huh????!!!!!!

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Like some super religious planet who looks at us and they're like: "Look at them with their PBS and Noggin! We have to rid of this disgrace to our universe!" And they decide to bomb us, and we wouldn't even know what was coming because we don't even know who they are.

NurcX

NurcX Active Member

You wopuld think we might have an idea if we were currently getting bombed..

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I don't know what you mean. If the bomb came from space and we saw it coming towards us, I don't know how we would have an idea.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Superman will save us!!! :)

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I hope you weren't being sarcastic, because that's actually plausible in my opinion.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Zak have you lost it??i mean UFOs and alien attacks sound like sci-fi movies to me

NurcX

NurcX Active Member

Im liking the superman theory at the moment..

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I wasn't being sarcastic, and I don't think it's a nutter theory, either.

Something that really bothers me today, though, is the fact that tons of people say Christians are morons and science all around them is proving it wrong, when it's more so supporting it.

While I think a toooooooooooooooon of Christians nowadays are hypocritical psycho's, I don't think that having faith in the Bible and following the morals Jesus taught is stupid at all, and tons of people seem to say that. You can't really go anywhere without seeing "Stupid Christians..." or "I hate Christians...they're always doing stuff like this."

I am a Christian, and I don't have a problem with gay marriage, abortion rights, teaching evolution in schools, etc. like alot of Christians do. I think that it should all be a choice and you're a Christian and don't agree with gay marriage or abortion: Don't do it. But don't go around shoving your beliefs down everyones throats. You're just turning people away from the religion.

Dean

I don't really have a problem with Christianity except the really conservative branches. I was christened a protestant but I don't really consider myself one because I rarely go to church or pray or anything like that, but I do believe in God, or a god.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Until very recently, hundreds of people thought David Copperfield could fly.

Millions of greeks believed that gods controlled their world.

etc etc.

Get my point?

---------------------------------------------------------

My take on christianity.

It really boils down to this. If you do what they tell you, and follow their lead, very good things will happen to you (heaven). If you're don't do what they say, you goto a terrible terrible place (hell)

I believe that almost all religions are simply a tool for mass control.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I'd rather believe in UFO's, cte than in God but that's just my opinion.

@Neil: I think you're right about that religions being a tool for mass control.

There were always smarter (or more powerfull) people than others on this earth who tried to manipulate others.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
    Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

i don't believe in god nor do i believe in UFOs.

i agree with neil too.Religions across the world advocate that God saves people in times of need.Total crap.Where is god to help people when inhuman acts of terrorism kill people across the globe?Where was god when lakhs of people died in the tsunami in 2004?these questions plus some related to my personal life made me give up roman catholicism and made me an atheist.

and know what?i'm happier now as i have no expectation from some divine being above.I lead my own life in accordance with the rules and principals we have to follow in a civilised society.

Dean

No. Most religions say that their god(s) put(s) people through hardship to make them stronger and to bring out the best in others, and that's especially the case with Catholicism. You couldn't have been much of one in the first place if you didn't know that.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

you are right i wasn't. iwas rather forced to by my parents.was only 2 months old when i was baptised so i couldn't protest.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I guess. I used to look at that point alot when I was an atheist/skeptic. But what is still good evidence is that with all of our most recent scientific findings, Genesis still proves to be correct on all of our scientific finds. Keep in mind that it's over 3,300 years old, and those other religions can be proven wrong, while Christianity still stands strong.

What makes me frustrated are Creationists who want to argue evolution isn't true, and all of these things. It's just making us look like fools.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Genesis is a load of unscientific bullshit along with the rest of the bible.

Several things wrong with Genesis:

First, god created day and night. The sun was created several days after he created day and night. Any idiot with a brain knows that the reason we have a day and a night is because of the sun and the Earth's rotation as it revolves around it. There would be no daylight without the sun.

Plants are made before the sun. Back in grade school biology, you learned that plants feed themselves with photosynthesis which relies on sunlight. No sun=no food for plants=plants die.

Next, god created Adam and Eve. They had kids. 2 males. So, in order for the human race to continue on, one of their sons had to bang his mother. After Adam and Eve, everyone else reproduced through incest. But wait? Doesn't the bible condem incest? I'm sure it does, it probably says anyone who commits incest should be stoned to death. And scientists know, that babies as a result of incest have a high rate of mental retardation. But, I'd say as a human race, we're all pretty damn smart.

I don't have the time to continue on trying to prove the bible is BS. There are so many contradictions, holes, and things that have been proven 100% wrong with science, that I can't even begin to list them all here. If you really want a nice helping of truth, I recommend The Skeptic's Annotated Bible.

Dean

I love how most atheists are so incredibly biased that they completely disregard the fact that, unless you're some crackpot fundamentalist, Genesis is meant to be taken metaphorically.