American Pie 5: The Naked Mile Confirmed

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Luke, Aug 9, 2006.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Click here for info

Storyline:

The movie will shift its focus on Adam Stifler, the cousin of Matt and Steve (Sean William Scott in the first three films), a youngster whose anything like his wild relations. Peer pressure starts to turn him though, with his pals coaxing him into helping host the college 'Naked Mile', a naked-run across the college campus.

If you ask me, if another American Pie film needed to be brought out it should have all the cast from the first one or atleast the Band Camp one but now they've like ditched everyone from the other films and gone with something new. I have a bad feeling about this but maybe I'm wrong and it'll turn out good.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

It sounds really lame. :lol:

It will probably be one of those "straight to DVD" things.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It all went down hill after the 2nd movie, American Wedding isn't that great & I'm sure this one won't be that good either. They should have just scrapped the whole "American Pie" name as soon as they lost the original cast.

Luke

The thing is that they've changed it too much over the past 2 films (The Wedding & Band Camp). I remember watching The Wedding and thinking where the hell is everyone? Charecters like Chris, Heather, Vicki and Sherman were all gone and Stifler had just become annoying instead of funny. The first 2 films were gold because it actualy dealt with alot of teenage issues but presented it in a funny way but The Wedding fucked up big time.

Band Camp, despite leaving out every cast member from the other 3 films apart from Sherman who made a cameo appearance as the school Guidance counceller and Jim's Dad, was slightly better because instead of patching together a film with like half the cast from the films before it decided to take on a different generation. It was a good film but it just didn't seem like an American Pie film without Jim, Finch, Kevin, Chris and Stifler (even though his brother was quite amusing).

And now this, they've kept Jim's Dad once again but no other cast members from ANY of the previous films have been included. There are already rumours going around though that after shooting this the American Pie gang are set to plan making American Pie: The Reunion which would in theory have most of the cast members back from the first few films. One can only hope this is true because the American Pie franchise has taken a turn for the worst.

Joe

As much as I would like to see a new American Pie movie with all of the original cast, I'd be scared of how bad it would be, especially from how much they fucked up Stifler's character in American Pie: The Wedding. It was like a totally different character, instead of being funny he became stupid & annoying for some reason.

Luke

Yeah thats what I said in that huge fuck-off post I made above your post :lol:

I think if they could de-retard Stifler a little it could potentially be a good film, wouldn't be out for a while though.

Joe

Sorry to have to do this Hellflame but I'm going to have to warn you / give you an infraction for the use of the word "retard". You should know the rules by now, try to be a bit more careful in the future. :thumbsup:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I've only seen the first movie, and I didn't like it. I saw Band Camp and thought it was hilarious, for the most part. I don't see how making another movie is going to make the franchise any more successful, though. I mean, Band Camp did go straight to DVD. The new one will, too.

Luke

Oh shit, I completly forgot I'm not allowed to use that word :lol:

I'll try and be more careful next time. :)

Just one thing though...why does the infraction message in my profile say use of racial/homophobic language? I think the word is discrimitory but I don't think it's racial and it's certainly not homophobic...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It's still listed under rule 2. We just didn't add the "retarded" part to make it more compact.

But "discriminatory" is a good word, I might use that.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

American Pie 5, eh.

I didn't watch Band Camp because I thought it would be kinda lame without the main characters in it and now they trew out everybody from the original 2 movies ? That's just stupid.

American Pie 1 & 2 are classics but in The Wedding they fucked up bad already.
    Stifler just wasn't the same in that movie.

I bet there's going to be another and another until people stop watching the movies because they get lame. This might be that movie were people stop watching...

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

ok...the first one was good. This is just overkill.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I really think this got old after the 2nd movie.