New Album Release Pushed Back

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

This whole thing reminds me of this funny show on adult swim :D called Metalocalypse. There was an episode where the metal band called Dethklok have practically recorded 5 albums worth of potential songs (which would be like 500 songs), all have been scrapped :(. This delayed the release of their new album for the 5th time. They showed an image of a CD store with a poster that says "New Dethklok Album Delayed Again" and there were hundreds of dedicated people lying dead on the sidewalk after killing themselves in various ways.

Yep, that is how it feels here, but at least we are not deluded fans of the new Guns N Roses band, am I right? :D :D :D

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's not the language as in 'shit' as it is the homophobic language.

marijaLPnarkos

marijaLPnarkos Well-Known Member

:D:D:D :) :) :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :( :( :( :( :(:(

heeeehh...and i was hoping i'd undisturbedly drug with it during summer holiday ....

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Hey hey! Linkin Park is pulling a Microsoft!

Well, only difference here is that Linkin Park will actually be releasing something quality. *coughnotvistacough*

johlin

johlin Member

Well, we've already waited 3-4 years so 1 month here or there doesn't matter. As long as they use the time to make the album better that is.
    But I'm sure it will be great, they've got a producer who knows music.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'll gladly admit I'm a fucking impatient person but to be honest I see an upside to this. What would you all rather have; an album that took time to master every detail to make it sound as good as possible or a rushed album that won't meet LP's potential?

I'd take the first option any day. We all just need to be a little patient. :)

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

Psh, I think anyone who thought this cd was going to be released in October or even this year is pretty dang hopeful. I'm with Mark - other than playing a song live (many bands play new material live many months before a release), there has been no major announcement about the album, no single, nothing. Meteora was hyped up for many months beforehand. Many hyped up releases, whether it be movies, games, music, or whatever are often pushed back to ensure better quality. Anyone who can't understand this should just chill, the wait will be worth it. At least LP took the time to announce this early, rather than keep everyone in even deeper suspense for months.

scytheX

scytheX Member

as long as its a damn good album thats for sure, they could take as long as they want(well not that long) until they perfect every single song on teh album.....im tired to this 3 good songs on a cd bullshite like some other bands

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

yeah, they keep making us wait longer and longer, so it better be good.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Would you all rather have a rushed album or a well-crafted album?

Personally, so long as it sounds amazing, I don't give a shit. But if it's a let down, then heads are going to roll.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

ya but when they mean early 2007...i dont think they mean january...i think they mean march or april lol

And i was also wondering...if the album is goin to be released in 2007? whats gonna happen with linkinpark.com? its gonna b under construction for 4 months? lol

And! hopefully the new album will b a double album lol

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
    spikeshinizle

spikeshinizle Well-Known Member

Its good to hear its being pushed back because they're experimenting in the studio, the more experimentation the better! Just as long as it isnt the whole 'we need to go over every song 1000 times' like they did with Meteora, I think that kills a little bit of what the song was originally meant to be...Then again, I think Don Gilmore had a lot to do with that.

lp_supastar

lp_supastar Member

Ok, i am pretty impatient with this album i guess but i understand why LP is doing this. They have two great albums already and this next one has so much pressure to be better than them. Even if it does take that extra few months we can all be pretty damn sure thats its gonna be better than what we are all expectin it to be. They're delaying it so it can be better for us, not to muck around and annoy us to death.

mtl_emo_grl

mtl_emo_grl Member

omg i can't beleive that they're pushing it again! But, I do suppose if it makes the album better, then it must be okay. I just wish they'd hurry up! I've been so anxious to hear it!

:mike: :chester: :phoenix: :rob:

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

okay i'm all for them perfecting the record, experimenting, etc. etc. but by god there better be more than 12 songs on this album, that's for sure, if it's going to take 4 years between albums. better not be a let down. i'm feelin 20 or so songs ;)

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

And Coincidentally, that is your 20th post. XD. *Sigh pushed to early 2007? Oh well, I'm positive this will be worth the wait.

LPdiscovery02

LPdiscovery02 Well-Known Member

you guys can keep saying over and over again that its a good thing because they are taking time and making it a better album, but bottom line is there is no excuse for a band putting out 2 REAL albums so far in basically 7 years. They need to stop touring china or japan or where ever they are get in the studio and get this shit out for real.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I guess some people can't be patient. :lol:

We've waited this long. I'm sure we can wait a little more.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Um...

Nine Inch Nails released 2 albums in 8 years.

It's been 3 years since Evanescence released an album.

In the span of 5 years, RHCP released 2 albums.

And of course, you say 2 REAL albums when all the stuff they've been doing in between are legitimate projects. Reanimation is, by all accounts, another studio album, albiet without new material.

Fort Minor is definitely a studio album.

Snow White Tan is definitely a studio album.

In other words, BE PATIENT!

At least this isn't Guns N' Roses.

LPdiscovery02

LPdiscovery02 Well-Known Member

cool... all that poves is that all those bands fans should be pissed too. snow white tan isnt out so why mension it and while MIKE was making fort minor what the hell was everyone else doing. Songs are recorded sound by sound at a time not everyone has to be in the studio to get work done and if nine inch nails pushed back their album 4 times then im sorry for people who listen to there music but im not talking about other bands im talking about linkin park so no need to bring up other bands that i didnt ask to know about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.