Muse

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Louis, Aug 12, 2006.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I am aware that Mark made a thread regarding Muse not too long ago, but it was about the Knights of Cydonia song and music video. This thread regards the band and all of their music.

Personally, I think Muse is one of the most amazing bands. These guys have an extremely unique sound, and their style is impossible to not recognize. Matthew Bellamy has a very unique voice, and he plays guitar unlike anyone else. Absolutely incredible.

For those of you who aren't really in touch with the music world, Muse released a new album called, "Black Holes and Revelations". The album has 11 tracks, with a Bonus track if you download the song from iTunes (it is on the Japanese release of the album, I believe). The UK single is, "Supermassive Black Hole" and the US single is "Knights of Cydonia". I think that "Knights of Cydonia" is the best track off of the album, and possibly the best song ever released by Muse. The song is incredible, and it's live performance is absolutely amazing.

Muse has 3 other albums. Listed in chronological order, "Showbiz", "Origin of Symmetry", and "Absolution". Some popular songs include "Muscle Museum", "Bliss", "New Born", "Feeling Good", "Time is Running Out", "Hysteria", "Stockholm Syndrome" and "Sing for Absolution".

For those of you contemplating on whether you should get the new album, go and get it. It is absolutely incredible and is probably Muse's best release yet. Many other good tracks are on the album such as "Starlight" and "Maps of the Problematique".

- - -

So, for those of you who already know it all...

What do you think of Muse? How did you like the new album? Name some songs you like. And other usuals.

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

Muse is just the best band on the planet right now.

Map of the Problematique, Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria are my favorite songs.

The instrumental disc for Absolution is AWESOME.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Thanks for making this thread, it was only a matter of time before I made one.

I've had "Black Holes & Revelations" downloaded for quite some time, but about two weeks ago I listened to it intently for the first time. What an incredible album, and what a talented band.

I recently bought 'BH&R', and it's easily one of my top 5 of the year, "Knights of Cydonia" seems like a song straight out of a western film, and the solo in that song is just great. They remind me of a mix between Coldplay and U2, but more.

"Knights of Cydonia". "Map Of The Problematique", "Stockholm Syndrome", "Assassin", "City Of Delusion", and "Histeria" are all great songs. Especially for driving.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

Muse is just a great band. I wouldn't go as far as to say the best band on the planet, but definitely very talented and creative. Though the vocals get me a little annoyed on some days. For the most part though, I love them. I really should get some of their older albums, though I've heard the newer stuff is better. Absolution was astonishing and from what I've heard of the new record, it's great too.

Mark

I've been listening into their older stuff on 'Absolution' mroe and more and it's great!

Is there any material previous to 'Absolution's release that's notable?

Edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wp0TW0kQfSA

Take a look at this live version "Stockholm Syndrome"! What a sick performance. Guitar solo at the end and everything!

Louis

Absolution was a great album. Still is.

That performance is incredible. Almost every Muse performance is.

And that solo....holy shit.

When he picked up the amp, I thought he was going to bust it, but when he put the mic to it and just started playing....best thing ever.

God, I hope they come back to AZ. I have to see these guys live.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
    Mark

I found the full 'Absolution' instrumental album on a torrent site. It's fucking crazygreat. Highly recommended (especially for "Stockholm Syndrome"!)

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I always thought of Muse as what you'd get if you threw Rush, Nirvana, and Radiohead in a blender. And that's a very, very good thing. :D

Edit: Mark, they have 3 pre-Absolution albums: Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry, and Hullabaloo Soundtrack. Absolution was a pretty big change in their sound but I'd still reccomend their earlier stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2006
    Mark

I was thinking more along the lines of Radiohead and U2.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Origin Of Symmetry. Best Muse album ever. Period.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

i gotta agree with Adam on that, but i think BH&R isnt as good as wat everyone says it is...to me it seems like they have dropped standard a bit and overused the falsetto for BH&R...

Mark

I'm inclined to agree. "Bliss" is such a great song.

I think every album I've heard is great in it's own right, though.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Yes, each album is great, but 'Origin..' has all of the songs on there that got me into Muse and will stick wihth me forever; New Born, Bliss, Feeling Good, Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased. All timeless.

Evan™

actually, Absoloution got me into Muse, Origin just made it all the more pumped...

Anti Hero

Anti Hero Member

I've never gotten into them. After reading this thread I feel inclined to see for myself how wonderful Muse is. So I'm getting the new album right now. Hope it's nice...!

Evan™

the new album isnt as good as everyone says it is...some of the sogns are like Beegee's rip offs honestly...

Mark

I hope you're not talking about "Knights of Cydonia". :lol: That is one of the most epic songs ever.

"Supermassive Black Hole" is probably their worst song, though.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Mark, you should check out the song Showbiz, it's probably one of my favorite Muse songs and Matt Bellamy probably hits a higher note than most girls can hit when they scream. :lol:

Louis

Agreed.

Mark

That's on the album "Showbiz", obviously. :lol:

I'll have to check out that album, as well.