A concern of mine...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Derek, Aug 17, 2006.

Pinkin.Lark

Pinkin.Lark Well-Known Member

To be honest, I think Linkin Park need to release heavier songs like Qwerty. As I said, the unfamiliar listeners of Linkin Park thought they were soft around the time of Meteora, as they released 'slower' or more 'down beat' songs.

Sure LP have many sounds, but they should stick to the one that made them famous. A hard base of music, plus vocals alternating from rap to scream. I believe if Qwerty is released as a single LP's true or common sound will be released back to the public.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I hope their first single will be a song with sung verses

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Well then perhaps you'd like to present whatever the hell it is you're trying to say in a clearer way.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

the intro and bridge on "QWERTY" did really remind me of slipknot's music (esp. that off "IOWA") ... then, i remembered they were working with rick rubin. ;)

Tornado

Tornado Active Member

Qwerty is just one song.. but I see your point there. I hope they keep making differend songs and not only in the style of Qwerty, since it's a good song.. but much screaming and less instrumental. I hope that the whole album is not like Qwerty, but I few songs is alright. They must have some soft and normal songs too, like in the other albums.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
    Karin

Karin Member

If they had presented the whole work it was one thing but they presented one song... so that doesn't mean that all the songs will be like that!
    And they have said that this record would sound a little bit different but that isn't the end of the LP "essence" so all we can do is wait and see what comes out! :)
    And do't forget that they're working with rick rubin

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I find this extremely funny.

Moving on, I'd like to say that if working with Rubin could create something this hard hitting, I'd like to see some soft songs. Maybe... accoustic? *shrugs*

I don't know, I'm just kind of giddy that something like this could come out of LINKIN PARK. Jeez.

Just kind of improve those lyrics, please.

fromtheinside

fromtheinside New Member

QWERTY was definately a big change from what LP fans are used to hearing, but when the new album lands I doubt it will be without two or three awesome melodic songs that balance the album as a whole. They aren't dumb enough to completely change their sound and wreck a formula that has worked up until now. If there were a few songs similar to QWERTY along with songs similar to Hyrbrid Theory and Meteora, it would be a masterpiece.

Cuidado314

Cuidado314 Well-Known Member

Mike said he wrote the lyrics on the plane heading to Summer Sonic, so it was a last minute song. He went on to say that he didn't know if they were going to record it to put it on the album, he just wanted to show the fans that they were working on something, and wanted to see their response to it.