Steve Irwin Dies in Diving Accident

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Sep 4, 2006.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Crikey is right. Wow, I always thought of Irwin as such a.. kind of legend. RIP Steve Irwin, and all the best to the family he left behind.

I thought it said driving as well, for some reason.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I used to watch his programmes a lot. There is no justice in the world, considering some of the people who are still alive.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I used to watch his shows all the time, but got sick of them when he became too dramatic. But this news was just a complete shock. It's horrible how sudden this was. RIP Steve Irwin.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

this really made me upset when i heard this. i wasnt a big fan of him, but i had this feeling that he would live forever, silly as it sounds. At least he died doing what he loved. he will be missed.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

This is really insane. I used to watch his show all the time, and everyone would joke about him saying one day he's going to get killed. I feel really bad for his family, and I'm feeling really sad for him, too. It's like that feeling I got when John Ritter died. RIP...

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Wow... just wow.

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

sorry for the outburst, but i just found it very disrespectful.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I always thought that Steve Irwin was one of the most incredible people alive. Some of you might think lesser of him, but I thought he was amazing. How he works with Crocodiles, and how knowledgable he is about reptiles always inspired me to learn more about them and instigated my interest for reptiles. My mom told me about it this morning, and I almost cried. After having a horrible mood last night, and being in a better mood this morning, this really made me sad.

Even if he had provoked the Sting Ray, he was unlucky. According to the article(s), rarely can a Sting Ray kill you. He was very unfortunate and the barb went to his heart. He lived a life of risk, and I knew that he would die taking a risk. I didn't think he'd die so soon, but he died doing what he loved doing.

You will be missed, Steve Irwin. You will be missed.

R.I.P. Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
    Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

Thats kind of amazing that hes actually dead now. After all he's been through, I half figured him to be killed while riding a lion through a herd of stampeding elephants or something along those lines. He was a good man.

R.I.P Steve Irwin

spawn

spawn New Member

RIP Steve there are talks in making a Steve Irwin animal foundation and they should do it

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

they should totally go for it.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I loved watching The Crocodile Hunter. He was a man who loved his job and had a passion for it that was really special. He will be missed by many.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

i freaked out when i found the news.

its sad that they didn't have enough time to use a defribilator on him, it could've possibly saved his life.

this makes me wonder if his family will continue doing this, since his parents used to do the same thing he did.

his poor wife and children. that must be so traumatizing. to see the person they love, doing what he loves, and having it come back and bite him in the ass.

what a sad day in pop culture. really.

RIP steve.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

"To honor Steve and the enormous contribution he made to the world and to our company, DCI will rename the garden space in front of Discovery's world headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland, the "Steve Irwin Memorial Sensory Garden."

DCI is looking at the creation of the Steve Irwin Crocodile Hunter Fund, which we'll affectionately call "The Crikey Fund" to honor Steve's passion and exuberance for conservation and the animal kingdom. This fund will allow people from across the globe to make contributions in Steve's honor to support wildlife protection, education and conservation. The fund in addition to contributions by DCI will also aid Steve's Australia Zoo in Breewah, Australia as well as educational support for Bindi and Bob Irwin. "

source is from

http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/crochunter/steve/statement.html?clik=netmain_feat1

Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

My official opinion! No, I don't care how you feel about it so please save yourself the trouble of complaining.

1. He kind of had it coming, I mean, he fucked with too many animals that should have been left unfucked with. As far as animal cruelty, it's not so bad, despite what a lot of PETA activists probably say. It's not half as bad as working in a slaughter house. It's more of a matter of common sense. Wrestling with huge animals is dumb, especially when they have large muscles and sharp teeth/claws/etc.

2. Wow, this totally sucks. I feel bad for the guy. I feel bad for his family. I can't believe it! I thought he was invincible. Animal Planet will never be the same.

P.S. Branden, yes I did copy/paste my message from MySpace. I repeat myself. Sorry!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I never cared for Steve Irwin but you never want to see something like this.
    There are always going to be the haters for whatever reason, but you've always got to respect someone who's put his life on the line countless times just to keep people entertained.
    As bad as it is to say, I'm surprised this didn't happen years ago, with the way he provokes animals all the time.
    But now that it's happened, it's hard to believe.
    When my dad told me, I dropped everything I was doing and just sat there.
    I mean, you always wait for it to happen. But then, when it does, you just can't believe it.
    May he rest in piece.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

See, many people wonder how one can feel sad for someone whom he never met - yet, not only it is possible, it's totally normal. Will said it - this guy put his life on the line to entertain people, and this desire to make people go through particular emotions at his own risk is more than admirable.

I haven't watched this guy's show, but I've heard quite a lot about it and it seemed really interesting. It's always sad to see such people go. May he rest in peace!

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

i dunno...i never thought he would die so soon...i always thought he will get into some really big fight with a croc before he went...a stignray? thats the most surprising part...

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What people fail to realize, is that he fucked around with nature because he LOVED nature. He called himself the crocodile hunter because he wanted people to love crocs, and all the dangerous animals he encountered during his show.

LP4EVA

LP4EVA Member

Exactly. The so called "provoking" was to inspire the animal to respond so he could show people the power of the animals he deals with in hopes to gain respect for them. He wanted nothing more than to educate people who might not fully understand the risks of coming in contact wih these creatures.

One of Steve's closest friends explained on Good Morning America that the stingray is a favorite food of sharks and there was the very real possibilty that this one had just escaped becoming lunch. Steve happened upon it and acted with the knowledge that the stingray are very docile creatures. Ya ever pet a dog with an injured leg ? Same deal... It breaks my heart to see people say he "had it coming".

He loved his work and did all he could to preserve his fathers goals and achievments. I have no doubt in my mind that Steve's wife and children will continue to be enviromental warriors in honor of all that they love...

R.I.P. Croc Hunter.