Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

2. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Eugene has been taken out of the WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 roster list...or should I say was never actualy considered for the game :lol:

3. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Yeah, I wonder why there were so many odd cuts... I barely ever saw Murdoch/Cade on RAW except this past Monday.

And speaking of RAW... I loved Nitro's standing shooting star press but I don't get why he's allowed to do the move yet London's been banned from using it? That doesn't make sense... I'd think a cruiserweight like London should be allowed to over a heavyweight like Nitro.

Oh well, the unlockable character thing for SvR '07 sounds interesting judging from how tight-lipped the developer was in an interview. I hope Yukes doesn't screw it up. :lol:

4. Luke

London never did the shooting star, that was Billy Kidman. London did the 450 Flip. On one hand it's a shame we don't get to see it anymore because it's a really cool move but on the other hand it's one of the most dangerous. My cousin attempted it a few years ago and nearly broke his neck because of it. It's also really dangerous for the person you're doing it on because it's hard to judge where you're gonna land so you can easily land wrong and fuck up both you and the person you're doing it on.

5. Kæton

Ah, I'm getting my stars mixed up then. I could have sworn I saw London use the shooting star press, though. Nonetheless, banning high risk moves and seeing Nitro do it kind of confused me, thus I brought it up. I wonder if he did it on impulse rather than it being part of the plan. But yeah, I've seen some guys just mess themselves up with that move so I understand it's been "banned," but I say if Nitro gets to do a standing shooting star, then let the cruiserweights have a little more leeway with their high risk moves. :lol:

6. Friskey™

London did the shooting star. I remember, because I heard they called it "London Calling". I've seen it done before by him, trust me.

And the SSP happens to be one of my fave moves in wrestling. Yes, it is dangerous but if the person does it right, it's beautiful. Trust me, i've seen SSP Leg Drops before as well, amazing.

7. ManClub

ManClub Active Member

Jason Cross did a Shooting Star Leg Drop in TNA...such a beautiful thing.

8. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

London even did the SSP on SmackDown. I believe he and Kidman feuded over the move, and how Kidman's SSP injured Chavo.

9. Friskey™

Well it's official. I felt like Edge when Cena F-U'ed him off the top of the ladder into those stacked tables. That was my WWE watching days shattered and dropped like an A-bomb...in a freakin' instant.

Sorry Vince, Cena, all of you...if you want me, i'll either be in Orlando or Philly. I'll still pay attention on your damn website to see what Punk does, but that's it.

10. Kæton

I see a lot of people complaining about Cena winning... But I ask... You guys seriously think it's a smart business move to move Cena to the second-ranked show? It wouldn't make sense to send him there now. :lol:

First off, Batista/Lashley (I guess) seems to be the big face character(s) on Smackdown. If Cena was added to the roster, you know he'd be title hunting. Three top faces going sounds great from a certain perspective, but not a business one.

Second, who'd be left on RAW to be the top face? Carlito's face now but he's feuding with Orton. Triple H's new face character is still fueding with McMahons/Big Show (I'm sure), so who would Edge feud with? I agree that not only was it obvious Cena was going to F-U Edge through the tables (notably obvious after the F-U on Lita), but I still try to wonder... how could it have been any different? The stipulations wouldn't have made sense in terms of basic business principles. Removing high marketing without an equally high valued market to replace it equals no real advances.

Nonetheless, while I'm here... Unforgiven was awesome. Every match delivered well. It was nice to see Lita perform a moonsault as I haven't seen her do one since she was part of Team Xtreme/Essa Rios' manager. That was good enough for me. Then again, I'm a casual fan... But I really dug Unforgiven. :D

11. Friskey™

Few pieces of wrestling news:

1.) Somebody asked a question to rapper "The Game" about the usage of his name.

2.) TNA President Dixie Carter released the following statement via TNAWrestling.com. "In the course of history, there are defining moments that change the fabric of a company forever. These are moments that are spoken about for years, not days, and serve as benchmarks in the annals of a company's growth. And on occasion, those moments transcend the individual company and re-write the history of an industry. This Sunday at the NO SURRENDER PPV, an announcement will be made that will do just that. You will not want to miss the NO SURRENDER PPV."

Which means many things.

12. Luke

The Game wont be saying that once WWE rinse him of a ridiculous amount of money.

13. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Going back to the SSp deal, I believe the move has been banned from being performed from the top rope or any other high place. I think their allowed to do it standing, would be the case if Nitro's been doing it.

And besides, hasn't Triple H had "The Game" gimmick longer the "The Game" the rapper has been around? I've only heard of the rapper since last year or two years ago, and 'Trips has had "The Game" gimmick for a lot longer then I've know of the rapper.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  14. Luke

The Boogeyman has just been released from WWE.

15. Kæton

Aww, I liked the Boogeyman... He didn't seem to wrestle much but made Smackdown! entertaining. Oh well, at least he was able to make SvR07 before he was released... I'll be able to experience his entrance when ever I want now. :lol:

16. Friskey™

According to this week's Wrestling Observer (dated September 25th, 2006), JBL has handed in his notice and is quitting the company completely, leaving his current one day-a-week announcing gig. The October 6th Smackdown will be his last show.

Apparently he's doing really well in his new day job as an investment banker in New York, and has decided he doesn't need the hassle of travelling to and from wherever Smackdown is taped every Tuesday. He's also been very critical of John Laurinaitis behind the scenes as well, and is somewhat disillusioned with the product.

17. Luke

Good, I can't stand the bastard.

18. Kæton

I think I heard talks of WWE trying to compromise with the guy because they still want him around. :lol: JBL's not that good of a commentator in my opinion. He's got that good "heel mic" skill thing going, but when you have to listen to it for two hours, it gets annoying. I just hope if JBL really leaves, his replacement is less annoying and more professional.

On an unrelated note, I won't be able to see Smackdown! for awhile since CW and Hawaii network people can't get along (both refuse to make compromises on show times since CW wants primetime, network that aired Smackdown! refused to replace Japanese programming). Looks like I'll have to watch them some other way. Stupid Hawaii... ugh. At least NOAH is still on here.

19. Friskey™

JBL's not leaving. Instead, they made a deal where he'll be able to fly Air McMahon in order to get to work on Wednesdays.

In other stupid ass news. WWE is going to do a "live strip poker" game featuring all of the divas on the 10/10 ECW. This of course, is Vince trying miserably to counterprogram UFC on Spike TV. BTW, UFC will have Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock, LIVE ON FREE TV!

Yeah, Vince is totally fucked that night.

20. Cale.

Cale. Banned

KURT ANGLE IN TNA.

Holy shit. :lol:

Gonna kill himself that man.