Has Linkin Park lost fans???

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by thesungoesdown, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Eyes

Black Eyes Banned

ooooo yea...:D

2. APOC68079

APOC68079 Member

I don't think that LP has lost fans... Maybe people lost some interest in LP music because their last album was released 3 years ago.But I think when the new album comes out...LP will rock again!

LP Forever

3. Jakks

Jakks Point 0

I kinda agree as well, people may have also lost some interest with their kind of music and moved on to a different genre I know Ive moved away slightly from their sound but Im sure to listen to the new album

4. Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

that even i'll do but i don't think i'd pick up the album wid the same enthusiasm when i purchased meteora

5. Shell Shock

Shell Shock Active Member

I started liking LP then, when they took a break, i listened to other stuff. Im glad i did though. Cuz if i hadn't switched my view on music, i wouldn't be shreadin on my guitar as of now.

Other stuff \/

6. Sub6

Sub6 Member

My bad >_<

7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

precisely - i'm not gonna turn away from linkin park any time soon either. i may have grown to listen to other music but i don't like LP any less than i used to.

people should not have to worry about there being rap in linkin park's music because it has been there the whole time.

8. heirofslytherin

heirofslytherin Well-Known Member

People think that they’ve grown out of the age of LP. But that's because Linkin Park has been inactive for too long hence their identity is still being defined by their earlier work but now that they're making a new album, the lyrics would probably be a little more mature and appropriate for the so called "older" crowd.

9. NurcX

NurcX Active Member

In the end, the people who have the patience to wait for there ablums, which are likly to contain vast amounts of brilliance.. are the people who benefit.. i mean, i got sidetracked from linkin park, and listened to eminem, because i heard so much about them being spilt up, but now i found out a new album is coming, im really happy, and am going to say a die hard fan.

Im going to Tour with them, and hopefully enjoywhat they produce as much as i did, there previous albums..

10. NurcX

NurcX Active Member

That is good though isnt it, as we have grown up, so has there sense in lyrics, which means, they will still aim at use as there target audience, just with more mature, and hopefully cleverly used lyrics..

11. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Obviously they going to lose fans in between albums, that happens to every band. But I dont think their hardcore fan base has shrunk even remotely since HT, and Meteora only expanded on that fanbase. The casual fans will come crawling back with the new album

12. Graffiti_Skies

Graffiti_Skies Member

I agree with what most people are saying - it seems that a band's fanbase is directly related to it's activity. Since Meteora came out 3 years ago, fanatics and obsessors are getting highly strung; fans are getting impatient; and general listeners are finding other ways to keep themselves occupied. I don't think it means LP is 'losing' fans as such, it just means they're 'dormant', so to speak. Like the band.

Either way, i'm as much a fan as i ever was.

13. Soldado-del-fuego

Soldado-del-fuego Active Member

All I hear from my friends is negetive stuff. I don't see whats wrong with them, most the kids i've talked to don't give a reason for my they hate/dislike linkin park they just ramble on back to where they say they hate them.

14. Tornado

Tornado Active Member

I think they put a lot of feeling and passion in the music and I love to listen it. Maybe in a few years that'll change.. and it does change my mood at the moment. But they havent lost me somehow, and I love to sing with the lyrics and all, scream to just let myself totally go! Most friends dont know that of me. It might make me feel bad sometimes, but I also listen it when I feel happy. :)

15. I've lisstend to them the entire time they've been LP and I allso have started to lissten to the old song by XeroX and Hybrid theory. There aint manny song i dont like whit them and I relly like thier new metal sound (qwerty).

16. Karin

Karin Member

:mellow: Well in my opinion that is a really strange thing that's happening, because there are so many people that used to love Linkin Park and know they just ignore their music. In some way The side-to-side project Fort Minor in some way maybe could divide the fans but i believe that LP fans that are now FM fans still like LP the way they liked. But i just don't believe that LP is lost to much fans cause there are allways appearing new ones!

17. Cuidado314

Cuidado314 Well-Known Member

I like Linkin Park because of the music, and how they blend the rock/rap together. I find the lyrics are deep, bur I'm not "religious" about them, meaning I don't look to them for a way to escape what I'm going through, although, if I needed to, I could. I find their music to be amazing, and I'm excited for the new stuff to come out.

18. Darkatomz

Darkatomz Member

they havent come close to dropping off my radar, but some people seem to have thought so. unfortunetly...

19. SRPSKILPFAN

SRPSKILPFAN Banned

They made huge mistake when they made a break... I know many people here who loved LP more then anything but now they love other bands!!!
    But i think when new LP album come out they will be on "old" road again... :chester: :mike: :phoenix: :brad: :joe: :rob:
    ROCK-ON!!!! LINKIN PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Is it a crime to like other bands? sheesh. :rolleyes:

Also, Linkin Park deserved a break. They were on the road constantly so saying that it was a mistake for them to take a break is really selfish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.