Battle Royale Movies

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by SPACED, Sep 17, 2006.

SPACED

SPACED Well-Known Member

Me and a couple of my friends are constantly watchin these movies, and we love them but we thought the 2nd one kinda sucked), i was just wondering if anybody else has seen them and what they think about the movies

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I haven't watched it yet but I've been planning to purchase them both and watch it soon. Then again, i've been planning to purchase those two films for like, a year now haha. I hear it's pretty brutal, yet funny.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I thought the first one was great, the second one wasn't so good. They're also making an American remake which is due out in 2007 sometime.

SPACED

SPACED Well-Known Member

yeah apparently its being produced by the producer of the fast and the furious 1, neal moritz or something lol, i dont know if it will be as good as the other 2 (even though i despise the second one) but looking forward to an american approach on the genre aka - goodbye battle royale

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

What is it with America and remaking good asian movies into dirt?

If they ruin Battle Royale, I'm going to go skin myself alive until I'm dead.

SPACED

SPACED Well-Known Member

i know, i personnaly dont want them to make it, and i doubt it would even be classified :p, but if they kill it, i shall stick my head in a bin and fill it up with hydrochloirc acid and burn my head off of my shoulders, id like to see them try and copy the Initial D movie..oh wait they did, Fast and the Furious 3 : Tokyo Drift, and we all know how that turned out....

lpjordy

lpjordy Well-Known Member

I ordered them on eBay, but I never got them :( I read the manga, and it's amazing. I saw a few clips of the first movie on Youtube, and I didn't like a few things. For example, how Kiriyama laughed and kicked the girls with the megaphone. Kiriyama is void of emotion, he shouldn't be laughing. I'd like to read the novel because the manga (especially the US version) changed things and I'd like to see how the original is.

The US version will suck. There's no way anyone could get away with a movie about 15-year olds brutally killing each other in our close-minded and censorship-ridden society.