Songs Wont Show up on my Nano Ipod

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by B7rent, Sep 19, 2006.

B7rent

B7rent Guest

I just got my ipod back or a "used" ipod from the factory bc mine went bad and i went and loaded all my songs on there and NONE of them show up on the nano so does anyone have an idea as how to fix the problem besides formating it bc i tried that and it was the same thing, the songs still didnt show up....

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

Do the menus and things show up?
    Is it a screen problem, or a problem with the songs not going to the iPod's harddrive?

fuber4

fuber4 Member

its a problem with the ipod itself. It will put things on the hard drive but the songs and artists wont show up. Its just blank. Im his friend and we tried fixing it at my house. Just gonna return it for another that actually works.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Nononono this is simple...happens to me sometimes.

Just reboot the ipod (hold menu and select) and when it reboots the songs will show up.

B7rent

B7rent Guest

tried that and the songs still dont show up....im way ahead of ya i think they just sent me a screwed up one

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Oh, then I have no idea. Reinstall the firmware maybe?

llewellyn101

llewellyn101 Well-Known Member

Or have u tried checking if the songs u load are in MP3 or WAV format.. Because i know that they dont Play Ogg's etcetra

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

If that doesn't work, I would call Apple and explain what's happening.
    If he has the songs in iTunes, they have to be MP3 or whatever other supported formats. iTunes won't load OGG or any other unsupported formats. So since he was able to see the song in iTunes, that pretty much rules out your post. Nice try anyways. =]

B7rent

B7rent Guest

well i know the songs r the right format considering before with my other ipod they went on easy and w/ no problem but with this one they dont even show up when i put them on... they will show up as being there on the ipod on itunes but they dont show up on the ipod itself when you try to play them