Linkin Park's Latest is No 'Accident'

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

oopes that does say "it's GOT rapping". my bad.
    i'm illiterate after having like 2 hours of sleep in the last 2.5 days i guess =P sorry!

Suru

Suru Member

Again on Mike

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge LP and Fort Minor fan. It's just these comments that really bug me. Either Mike can't speak English or he just doesn't know the definition of RAP! But then he says in one of his Fort Minor tracks "first grade vocabulary words"...ummm I don't think so Mike!
    I'm glad they've moved to a new direction in their songs but how new or different can it really be? There is no new news here my friends. It's the same SH%@T they've been saying for the past 6months.
    *100 songs condensed to 17 (check)
    *It will be so different yet it'll still feel like LP (check)
    *No nu-metal, no rap-rock...basically the same thing (check)
    *Rick Ruben is a legend a GOD (check)

Tell me something you didn't already know?

C'mon LP, it tickles but it's starting to become irritating. You guys can say it sounds sort-of like this and that. If I was a band I can do the same and just go on forever saying my music sounds like Korn, Eminem, NIN, Enya etc etc

The hype is becoming a bit of a bore.

Suru

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

EXACTLY

just write about a relationship, broken home, something emo, i don't care, just don't go punk or into the "old" rock. I want linkin park, if I want to listen to ac/dc or some other shitty punk band, i'll go listen to them.

oh well, needs time I guess, I want to hear a god damned single! lol... i'm getting VERY impatient..... only about 3 weeks til new lpu, maybe we'll get a song on there? *crosses fingers*

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Gorillaz have rap and rock...are they 'rap rock?' Hardly. Personally I'm happy the band is trying something creative and I'm willing to give them a chance, rather then dismiss it like a lot of you are.

Sometimes a band needs to take risks in order to evolve. Look at My Chemical Romance...they greatly changed their sound in some respects and that CD is not only good..it got FOUR STARS in Rolling Stone.

My point? Let the band experiment. I personally have grown out of LP and I'm hoping this creative shift can pull me back. Lately I've been turned off upon relistens cause some of the songs (especially Meteora) just come off immature or 'teenage angsty'. I'm hoping this next album has the viewpoint of a 30 year old (like they are) rather then a 13 year old teen.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I guess that's where I disagree. The songs, to me, are pretty universal and they can apply to anyone. In fact, I don't think the music is, per se, for 13 years old, rather that the larger fanbase is based off pre-teens and the band has no choice but to conform in some aspects (which I admire; I'd prefer an album without cursing).

Linkin Park experimented with Meteora, namely 'Breaking the Habit', and the result was one of their strongest songs yet. It's not that the rest of the album was 'teenage angsty, it's just that you (and I) have grown out of the way in which they present their emotions. I don't doubt they'll evolve, as any band with one iota of creative energy will, I just don't want their goal to be an amalgamation of other successful artists. You have to look at continuity. A good artists will gradually explore new styles. Making erratic leaps will cost them their fans and possibly their contract.

Besides, I seriously doubt the change will be that great. The said the same thing with Meteora, and I don't believe there was any particular change from Hybrid Theory, other than somewhat weaker lyrics and more epic music.

Derek

Very valid point, they described Meteora as this epic album with many diverse sounds and it sounded JUST like Hybrid Theory.

Chester also said there would be Pantera-esque riffs on Meteora and they were nowhere. And notice who is saying all this about the album being different...Chester.

I'm just tired of the hype. I'm a firm believer of the term 'money where your mouth is'. Linkin Park needs to show us this 'new sound' in a clip or an entire single soon, cause Qwerty was basically Hybrid Theory with balls when you really strip it down.

Omar

QWERTY was just balls, imo, lol.

I said it back when Hybrid Theory came out and I'll say it again: I want them to juxtapose dark, brooding tracks with light, emotionally charged ballads, a la Session and Pushing Me Away

Derek

Juxtapose.

I love that word.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

awesome :)

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Ya but you see... I doubt anyone who listens to linkin park is 30 years old...Its mostly 13-24 year olds... Like i want to hear about stuff that has happened to me, or like getting rejected, or stuff like that. Like recently, Chester got divorced, Well like i don't wanna hear a song about getting divorced? Cuz alot of teens haven't been married yet.... Actually he could write about how much it hurts like a break- up. But you know what im trying to say here. Meteora was a good album, i still listen to it. But ya i kno Hybrid Theory was more diverse, But still New Linkin Park is New Linkin Park too me.

Derek

Everyone wants LP to write EMO, my question is why? I would much rather have them write about sad meaningful things (like Evanescence does) then sound like a rock boy band.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Look, I'm gonna be honest here. If you honestly want something that you can relate to, go listen to, like, Simple Plan or something. The band is growing up. Maybe you should as well.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

They're not writing to 13-24 year olds.

I doubt LP sit in the studio and go, we need to write to so-and-so aged fanbase.

They write whatever the hell they want. If you can't relate to it, tough.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Rick Rubin wouldn't associate his name with bad music. That's why I think this album will be amazing.

senior

senior Active Member

i am so so happy but i want them to continue .... i don't want to lose their all potential on their final album :(

i want them to keep their amazing work

i'm sad a little bit guys ... stay with me guys :( please i feel sad

Derek

BAM. All my sentiments are expressed right there.

And the lyrics will still be relatable. Chester believes in writing music everyone can relate to..its just the lyrics will probably be x10000 times better.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

We can only hope.

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

Hey Emeril, can you bake me a nice casserole for dinner?

Omar

I don't know why everyone's arguing about this. It will still be the same Linkin Park we've heard before. They said this with Meteora and there was but small change (Breaking the Habit and Nobody's Listening, which was a poor song imo).

I'm guessing a few non-traditional songs will be added in, thus making the grand total greater than 12 songs.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Don Gilmore was there to hold them back on Meteora though. Hence the small change. Don Gilmore is no where to be found on the new album (thank god) so whatever "change" they keep talking about could possibly happen this time around. Not a bad thing at all, but the only thing that worries me is that it'll stray too far from their original sound. The Killers new album is a perfect example of that, which really disappointed me greatly. Linkin Park can by all means experiment with their sound. I just don't want it to be so different that I go "what the hell is this crap?". Although I'm sure the great Rick Rubin won't let that curse happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.