Demo songs.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by SergSlim, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

There's an official instrumental of Rock and Roll, yeah. The OSC "drums" instrumental is actually drums, bass, and keyboards, it's a backing track that was on a CD that came with a guitar magazine, with the guitar music in the magazine, so guitar players could play along to a backing track. The people at the magazine recorded it though.

There's one version of State of the Art, and that's the radio version. The Edited version was made by a fan who goes by the name DJ Ravok. He looped the verse instrumental part and used it as an intro, and did some editing to remove the radio ads that were inserted in the song. A lot of people think it's the album version, but it isn't. Lethal recently mentioned that his solo album will be coming out at some point, so the real album version will be around eventually, but it's unknown when.

As for Freestyle, the album version is the rip from Vice's actual mixtape, which has some rewinded parts in the song (similar to how some songs on the Fort Minor mixtape are). The remix is an edited version without the rewinds, which was the first version posted on the Forfeit The Game website. The demo version is on DJ Vice's Myspace, which doesn't have scratching in the outro like the other 2 do.

4 GT 10 was on a Chali 2na mixtape called Fish Market, it's the same song as Frgt/10 on Reanimation, except it has a different ending where the music stops and it goes into a skit of somebody beatboxing.

2. Pilkington

Pilkington Well-Known Member

Coming from someone who put together quite a bit of that information, then tasta is totally on the mark. The only difference in most of the tracks is that they've got a second or two less of the intro/fade out. For example, the version of "from the inside" on the cdr you listed doesn't have the fade into nobody's listening that the album version has. That's it.

3. SergSlim

SergSlim Well-Known Member

I've got video of the show with Orgy. Quality of it sucks, but it's definately Chester and Orgy singing Fiction song.

i downloaded that video with XZibit. It's awesome! I like it very much. Do you know who's that guy, dancing on the stage?

4. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, I know about the Orgy video. That didn't come out until recently, so when I posted that there wasn't a recording yet,

The guy that breakdances with LP (he also did on It's Goin' Down at Projekt Revolution 2004) is called Ivan the Urban Action Figure.

5. SergSlim

When I downloaded it - I didn't even know what is it until today, when I read your post one more time. Then I realised I saw that song name somewhere and found a video on my PC.

6. laurens

laurens Well-Known Member

Cool, nice 1.
    Good mixing :D

7. Beca

Beca Plug in baby.

I was just listening to Jane Says before, its quite good.
    I also heard Standing in the Middle, it's awsome.

8. SergSlim

Who can post all the songs Chester sang recently?
    Titles, Perfomed with whom, where, when???? I know he did a lot of collaborations recently, but searching all over the place is hard thing to do......

I mean those songs he sang starting froom summer (if there were any) and till today.

I would very appreciate that! Thanks anyway.

9. [LP]Ori*[LP]

[LP]Ori*[LP] Guest

I don't know what other songs Chester has performed recently but
    I was listening today to "And One & Carousel" and WOW.. those are really good demos!!.. they should perform those in their concert at New Jersey next year..!
    Isn't LP gonna do any winter concert or something just like they always do??
    does anyone know about it??

10. SergSlim

I just went through all 20 pages of this "Non-Album" thread, or whatever it is....
    I read some of the threads... Holy crap. Some of the questions were asked like 10 times at least....

It's very funny to read such old stuff, like not really sure of whether SDAHF painted Pictures is real or not..... cause it could be found now without problems..

Also I'm really excited about that Xero live show.. which isn't available anywhere.... Also Plaster trheads are like 5 or more..... And I haven't really understood who really has the REAL one demo, if somebody does have it.

11. Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Plaster exists but I'm pretty sure noone has it that we know, and the Xero live show I believe is fake.

12. Linsi

Linsi Member

its all very nice mixing!

13. Jakks

Jakks Point 0

Is anyone willing to post a list of all the demos ? as it would be a great help

14. SergSlim

Maybe I miss some of them, but it seems to me that it's the full demo list ....

Hybrid Theory 9-track EP:
    1. Untitled (In the End Demo)
    2. Points & Authority (Points of Authority Demo)
    3. Super Zero (By Myself Demo)
    4. Crawling (Crawling Demo)
    5. Carousel (Post EP Carousel Demo)
    6. Part of Me (Post EP Part of Me Demo)
    7. And One (And One, sounds the same as the EP)
    8. Rhinestone (Forgotten Demo)
    9. Esaul (A Place for my Head Demo)

Hybrid Theory 9-track Demo CD:
    Esaul (A Place for my Head Demo)
    Super Xero (By Myself Demo)

HybridTheory.com:
    Esaul (A Place for my Head Demo)
    Super Xero (By Myself Demo)

DJ Z-Trip feat. Chester - walking dead (demo)
    Linkin Park - Esaul Studio (Demo)
    Linkin Park - Points Of Authority (Demo2)
    Linkin Park - One Step Closer (Humble Brothers FM Edit)
    Linkin Park - One Step Closer (Humble Brothers Remix) [extended version]
    Linkin Park - Now I See (With You Demo)
    It's Goin' Down (Demo Version)
    It's Goin' Down (Promo)