Fall Out Boy's New Material

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Branden, Nov 24, 2006.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I love how they made fun of Avenged Sevenfold.

Zacky's solo in the video for "Seize the Day" on top of the casket was really distaseful. And Fall Out Boy did a good job making fun of it.

And for the record, I think this song's really bad. :(

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I think the song itself pokes fun at the band. The video fit the song rather well and was a great video.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

:lol: The Avenged Sevenfold thing was funny, but I agree the song's bad.

I want to say it sucks, but I can't because I know for most people it's going to be a success...

And well, I reacted the same way as those guys in the studio.

"WTF?" at the intro, "That's more like it" at the chorus and "Was that it?" at the ending...

@BxT: Yeah, me too. I'm starting to think it's just a funny single and that album will sound pretty different.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I liked most of it except for the chorus. *leaves quietly*

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

:lol: Okay...

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Oh God.. I think I actually like a Fall Out Boy song.. Someone help me.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

its grown on me.. still dont like it though :lol:

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

I watched the video because I heard Michelle Trachtenberg and Seth Green have cameos in it. I found myself absolutely loving the song and singing it the whole of today.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

I'm in love with the song, and this is the first time I'm listening to it.

I love, love love love love love the parody of A7X (and Will, isn't it Synester Gates that does the solo on the casket?)

The song did remind me of the 90s boy bands I used to worship, but god. That song is addicting.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Since their new album leaked, to all those who have heard it, what do you all think of it? I personally love it and I'm surprised how different it is from their previous albums. I love how Patrick belts his voice out on practically every song. It definitely showcases how high he can go. There is not one song I don't like. Even the songs that sound extremely poppy are well done.

As of right now, my top three favorite songs would have to be:
    1. Thnks Fr Th Mmrs
    2. Fame < Infamy
    3. I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You)

I long for a return of their "Take This To Your Grave" days, but I know that's probably not going to happen. I am satisfied with the direction they are going in though. So with that said, I'm happy that their new album came out so well and can't wait to see which songs become singles. :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

This is the "Welcome To The Black Parade" of 2007 for me, personally.

What a pleasant surprise. Stellar album.

My favorite song is "Fame < Infamy", with "Golden", "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs", and "You're Crashing, But No Wave" very close. I don't dislike any of the songs.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I wasn't really sure at first, but after a few listens I do agree..it's a pleasant surprise. I loved track 1 of cork tree..and some of their singles, but never got into them past that.

This album however, took me by surprise. All these bands that people branded as emo, or that I didn't think we're gonna really break the mold or have staying power (sorry Andrea :p) are reinventing themselves to be amazing bands.

First My Chemical Romance ditches emo, and now Fallout Boy extends their existing 'happy emo' sound to make it less emo, yet more rock and roll driven. Very nice. This is the Black Parade of 2007 for me so far as well.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

It's a surprise somewhat for me. I wouldn't call this "The Black Parade of 2007" though simply because that album is a fuckin' masterpiece. I will say that this is better from F.U.C.T. though. I liked the singles and a couple other songs from it, but that was it. This is somewhat the same, although with a much better list.

Favorites now:
    1.) Thnks Fr Th Mmrs
    2.) The Take Over, The Break's Over
    3.) I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You)

whoneedssubtext?

whoneedssubtext? gggg-uNOT

New fall out boy is as bad as from under the cork tree fall out boy, which will never be as good as take this to your grave or fall out boy's evening out with your girlfriend.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You're crazy.

I love the new CD more with each listen. They are so different now! It's awesome.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

*happy*

Chris.

After listening to the entire CD about 4 times, I came to the conclusion that it's a really well made CD and I'm surprised by how much I like it. I didn't like Fall Out Boy's first CD and I only liked a couple songs on FUCT but I loved This Ain't a Scene when I heard it and I also like The Carpal Tunnel of Love when I downloaded them so I expected this CD to be decent, at least better than the others.

Fact of the matter is, Fall Out Boy managed to make a solid album that's going to interest a ton of people. The CD is musically diverse and holds a bunch of surprises and while Patrick doesn't annunciate his words too well, he does have a very refreshing voice (at least to me) on this CD and the vocals are what stand out the most.

If I had to rate the CD, I'd definitely give it a 9/10. The only flaw is the unnecessary Jay-Z guest thing they did and the fact that they seem to take influence from Panic! at the Disco (which isn't necessarily bad but it's obvious)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

There's this one line in a song that has the words "parking lot" in it, but I can't decipher the rest.

"I'm going down tuuu in a luleelerah..." :lol:

Chris.

"I'm also evil, Also into cats...Also into cats"

"This ain't a sea, it's a golf cart ass face!"

:lol:

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Word has it that Pete announced on a live show that the album may be released next Tuesday due to the leak.