Rick Rubin Says Linkin Park Are "Really Re-inventing Themselves"

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Triad

Triad Well-Known Member

gee..this album's really gonna be something different, huh?

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

No...they never said it was a demo. It's not a demo. A demo is a version of the song before the final version.

That's the final version of QWERTY. And it sucks in several ways.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Maybe for you, I think it's way better than live version ;)

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

That's not true. A demo can also be a song/set of songs which is recorded without any serious studio production work thus making it inferior in quality to that of an album song. Bands submit demos to record companies but in the majority of cases a significant number of songs on bands' demos never get re-recorded for better quality.

But I do agree with you on one thing though, the studio version of QWERTY is BS.

EDIT: Also as far as I know, Rick Rubin had nothing to do with QWERTY. I don't recollect seeing his name mentioned about the production of the song at all (I could be mistaken though).

My theory is that the song was actualy recorded in a studio in Japan before the set of shows they played. Think about it, the studio version seems rushed and incomplete which is why people are calling it a demo in the first place. I think the song was recorded in Japan and they edited bits in the Live version, e.g. the delayed chorus, before the show in rehersal or something. If the song was recorded after the set of shows then how come Announcement Service Public has sound quality enough to be on an album but the studio QWERTY doesn't?

It's just my theory anyway.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
    The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

I agree with some of the people before that said that they were not happy about Rick Rubin producing. I read somewhere that he likes to make songs simple, with not a ton of instruments and stuff on them. Personally, I dont like that. I like when there are a lot of things going on in a song, a lot of different instruments going at the same time.

Also, I do not really like QWERTY that much. Its good, but I do not think that its up to par with Hybrid Theory, or Meteora. I love the hip-hop side of Linkin Park, and they did not show it at all in QWERTY. I love stuff like With You, and Crawling, where they have a lot of turn tables, and other electronic stuff, in the song. I also like stuff like Breaking The Habit, Nobody's Listening, and Faint, where they bring in different intruments. QWERTY did not have any of those elements, it just seemed like a plain old rock song, with nothing special in it. Of course, ASP had lots of electronic stuff, and it sounded really good. Im hoping that the album turns out more like ASP then QWERTY. I guess that we'll all just have to wait and see.

Strident

Strident New Member

thats true we need to be much more patient than fans of some band which is releasing a new shit every year...

culdadoo

culdadoo Member

i agree with you a little. i like chesters voice better in the demo version, with his screams. but i like live-QWERTY better because of the heavy sound and parts of it is different.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Demo version is simply different from everything else they've recorded so far and that's why I like the song so much. I don't wan't to hear another Meteora or another HT even if that means that they're going progressive, punk or whatever.

lp_supastar

lp_supastar Member

the key word here is "shit". I don't think you meant it in that way, but band who release stuff that often is usually shit. Its not that good, it hasn't been perfected at all. Just rushed out onto the market so people remember them. People remember linkin park even though they release stuff slowly because it is QUALITY music. They make sure it is excellent, not just listenable.
    I'm not a patient person, but for LP I'm willing to make an exception. I'm sick of people saying "i want good news" because any news is good. It means they will be releasing soon not that they will set it back again. They already told us that the single WILL be released next month. We have waited four years, i sure we can wait another four weeks.
    As for QWERTY, i wasn't too keen on it either. But remember, they wrote that on a plane flight just before they performed it so I'd say it is good stuff for something written in four hours, not four years. And anyway, that didn't make the album (as they said) so to all those who hated it, don't worry and to all those who loved it, the album is just going to be better!
    But please remember, "re-inventing" doesnt mean LP will have a COMPLETELY new sound - it will still sound like them. Just a different, and perhaps, better side of them.
    Have faith.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

i didnt' like the demo at first but after listening to it a couple times it didn't seem so bad, well anyway i hope rick doesn't keep the songs too simple

iceheart

iceheart Guest

ya

i think we ll wonder of new album.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I didn't know Rick Rubin looked like that. I think I was confusing him with Scott Rudin. I don't know why.

Scott Rudin

No wonder the guys have grown so much facial hair.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

The top half of his face looks astonishingly like George Costanza's.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

what up with LPTV anyway?

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

You mean Jason Alexandre

culdadoo

culdadoo Member

i think the sound in demo-qwerty feels a little empty, it feels too empty to be a hole song. then LP probably fixed it when they played it live, i just hope that rubin don,t make the songs on the album feel empty or to simple.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

We all do remember just who Rick Rubin is right?

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Like I said in my previous post, Rick Rubin apparentely makes the music he works on really simple. This really bothers me, and I hope that they do not make the album really simple.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Rick Rubin is one of the best producers in the world. If anyone can save LP it's him.

20. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I thought Linkin Park wrote the lyrics on their way to Japan in the airplane, at least thats what i read somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.