What was wrong with Meteora?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Agent, Sep 14, 2006.

mrn!n.@ftr

mrn!n.@ftr Member

i guess it was very hard to compete against an album like HT that went 8 TIMES platinum lol. maybe they just tried too hard, like with this new album they're not rushing anything, so you know it's gunna be awesome, when Hybrid Theory was released they didnt have anything to compete with, although Xero/SuperXero's songs where unbeatable! my fav album is Reanimation because i'm more into rap than rock but i do have to say meteora was too, soft...

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Nothing was wrong with Meteora at all. It combined like 5 different genres into one album, like the band has said. It's nothing like Hybrid Theory and that's fine by me.

Even though Papercut is my favorite song, I actually find myself listening to Meteora a hell of a lot more than Hybrid Theory.

Songs like Figure.09, Somewhere I Belong, Don't Stay, Figure.09, Easier to Run and ESPECIALLY From the Inside are pure genius. I love them.

GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

Totally agree with Hahninator, I usually find myself listening to Meteora twice as much as HT, though they are both pure genius. Meteora's just "different".

p.s. Hahn you said Figure.09 twice, but maybe it was for emphasis, if so I'll let you off (it's my current favourite song ^_^)

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*claps* Hear, hear!! ^_^

EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

I gotta agree. Meteora was actually really good, but LP was in a darned if you do darned if you don't scenario. Basically look at the Killers. They tried to change their sound a little bit and a lot of people went psycho. It's just really hard to follow such a successful album. I think if LP went a 3rd album really similar that would be cause for concern. As it is, just combine your favorite 16 songs from HT and M and make one Super CD. :D

mrn!n.@ftr

mrn!n.@ftr Member

and reanimation of course, and the ep, then have one MEGA CD. thats what bi did at a house party then got too drunk and meh you know the rest.

EdGreene

naw fill me in what went down yo?;)

Mrwee

Mrwee Active Member

I cod'nt have said it better my self.. But the album I like the least is collison course.. its way 2 hiphop if u ask me

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Meteora was a very good album. The problem was that Hybrid Theory was a perfect album.

Hahninator

Hybrid Theory WAS perfect in every aspect. You're right.

Meteora takes a couple of new Hybrid Theory songs and combines in like 4 other genres with some completely new LP ideas. That's why it's not perfect too. It's experimental but also really good. I listen to Meteora way more than Hybrid Theory, as I said before.

EdGreene

While HT was unbelievably awsome, it isn't perfect. I think Forgotten doesn't really work that well in the grand scheme. Cure for the Itch is not even in the top 3 instrumentals they have released. Great first album, great experience, but lets hold off perfect for sometime near eternity.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Forgotten is one of my favourite tracks and CFTI is (according to me) LP's best instrumental yet :D

Hahninator

Forgotten just doesn't have a strong intro. They needed to make a different intro and then they'd have a rocking song. It's just whenever I turn the song on, I want to turn it off immediately because of the intro lmao.

and wtf, Cure for the Itch owns. LP has some awesome instrumentals yes, but I'm not comparing. There's Cure for the Itch, Session, Sold My Soul to Yo Mama and Announcement Service Public. There's 4 and I love them all equally :D

EdGreene

I just never really liked CFTI. A.06, Session, SMSTYM, ASP, even the hidden track on the EP was better.
    Other minor things with the album: a little too short, I like how they started By Myself on LIT would've liked that version on the album, the In the End demo was better than the album version...
    Again I know I'm splitting hairs but that's what seperates uber-duber cool from perfect. And for the record, I don't know if I have heard a perfect record yet. Some like this, Meteora, Breaking Benjamin's Phobia, and (don't kill me) Vertical Horizon's Everything You Want, are really close. Here'es hoping LP finally achieves perfection with this.

Agent

I think BTH was a perfect song

EdGreene

I think that is one of the most original and powerful songs they've done, but personally I would have liked to hear more of the orchestra than the other instruemnts. i've always wished they would put out a stripped down version with just piano, orchestra, vocals.

Agent

Umm...what about In The End? I think that was pretty decent

EdGreene

Umm...did you read my post?:D

I thought it was a great album with great songs. Heck, Papercut may be the best song I've ever heard. I'm just arguing against perfection. And I loved In The End when I first got the CD (before Crawling was released), but then it got overplayed so much that my friends and I named this problem after the song.

Chris: "Dude are they playing 'It's Been Awhile' again?"
    Ed: "Yeah, it's totalling suffering from In the End Syndrome."

Still love it and it's not LP's fault, but one oh-so-close-its-molecules-are-almost touching-perfection song does not a CD make.

(ps: someone should add ITE Syndrome to Wikipedia)

kaz101

kaz101 New Member

RIght heres the truth the hole truth n all that
    Great Album
    Great Songs
    End off n that is that

EdGreene

I don't see any holes in that truth. Looks pretty solid to me.:p