Linkin Park Gets a Potty Mouth?

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah. And just as an example to what I said, the band Saosin released their album with a dvd and it has a Parental Advisory sticker on it because of that. The actual album has no swearing on it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=PRU44SRMN02TZKC4D3KVAGY?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=Saosin&sc=artistSP&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=%A0-Artist&ks=960

*shrugs*

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I think ever since Wal-Mart got sued for selling the Evanescence CD/DVD with no PA advisory on it, I've seen them with warning labels.

EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

That is a really good theory. Best Buy is probably trying to cover all the bases. Although that Evanescence deal is still to me one of the dumber suits I've ever heard of. Well, that and the NJ lady who wants girl scouts to stop selling cookies.:confused:

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

What about the whole McDonald's coffee thing?

Triad

Triad Well-Known Member

Well if they want to express themselves by swearing, go ahead, but i agree with you guys..If they want to mature, this isn't really the way to go.

It doesn't really affect me, anyway.

general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

I don't care if they sware like Green Day, blink-182, etc

for the most part they say fuck once or twice in a song or shit

or even like staind, as long as they arent just throwing fuck and sruff around

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

im not sure. if the new mature LP, do swear in their lyrics, it seems like a step backwards. to me, swearing shows signs of immaturity. but we'll see

EdGreene

Although, by that logic, doesn't that mean that every one of their live shows is a step backwards? Doesn't that put them about somewhere north of Reykjavik?:mellow:

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Trent Reznor swears. Is he immature? :lol:

....:whistling .

(This whole mature/immature thing bugs me, lol.)

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

EdGreene

That's a very honest response that I felt appropriate. It's more mature than congressmen arguing about whether video games increase violence in kids.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm more concerned about the fact that Trent almost had a mullet in that clip than the fact that he said "fuck" about 9 times in 2 seconds. :lol:

But anyway, another example I'd like to point out...Story of the Year's album Page Avenue has a Parental Advisory sticker on it, and there isn't actually any swearing in the songs. The sticker is on there because on the enhanced content, there's a scene where one of the band members moons the camera. I would assume the new LP album will have an enhanced CD, and given some of the antics we've seen from them...it's possible.

On the flip side of things, Nickelback's album Silver Side Up isn't a Parental Advisory even though there's a fair amount of swearing on it.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Then again, it's NICKELBACK. :lol:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't care weather the band swears on their new album. All I care about is the quality of the music.

If you remember, Frat Party wasn't labeled but it had swearing bleeped out. Warner Bros. (or even the band) may have decided not to bleep anything out this time around, thus the need for the sticker.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Did you know that was the Wal-Mart in my area that the whole thing happened at? Of course, it was the same one that K-Fed went to one time. :lol:

And about the swearing thing...it's probably gonna be the DVD or something. They've done that with alot of bands...Saosin, Less Than Jake, Dragonforce.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

Maybe May first is the pending release date and is subject to change because they are still working on it? I don't know. It won't bother me if the new disc has a swear word here and there, I just don't want to see them corrupted by it. So awesome news!

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

no. not at all. their live shows are completely different to what you get on the disc. im not against swearing and that, im just saying they can write better lyrics than 'shit' and 'fuck' and so on. they didnt need to before. if they do it this time round to me it just looks like they've run outta ideas. it tells me they didnt spend enough time on the lyrics IMO :mellow:

boojitsu

boojitsu Well-Known Member

Step Back

I think using swear / curse words is almost like a cop out

I'm so mad <stomps foot> = little kid

I hate you ! = 10 years old - 13 years old

I F*#*%) Hate You = 14 - 19 years old

You make me sick = 20 - 40 ish

You hooligan, get off my lawn ! = 40 ish - 70 ish

but to doing it artistically like "Your eyes make mine seem to dry because they can't take the sight of you in my life" or something more along those lines... (might be a crappy example, but hey, i'm not artistic ! Lol) would be better.

so yeah that's my thoughts. may not be "immature" though I think it is a sign of it, but it is at least less artistic to just throw out a F*** or S*** because you wanna sound "hardcore".

-Boojitsu21

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/boojitsu21

JNudda

JNudda Guest

thanks for the credit'

lol @ the title of the thread

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*sighs* We all curses, once or twice in our lives. I can imagine the guys cursing up a storm. Chester cursed when he got his divorce papers from Sam. He cursed again when he found out about his firstborn, not Draven. Mike curses when he messed up on his protools. Brad cursed when he broke his foot kicking that door, *roll eyes*. Joe cursed cause ....... well he's Joe. The only ones I see that don't curse is Phi and Rob.

I cursed when I hit my head on the sink or when I banged my elbow on the bathroom door, or when I burnt a cake ... *keeps rambling*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.