EXCLUSIVE: Lossless Recording of Projekt Revolution 2004 Mountain View, CA Released!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Hey just a quick quiestion. If the show is LPA exclusive then how come it's been posted around other LP fan sites aswell?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  2. nkramar

nkramar LPA VIP LPA VIP

The fact that this is even being talked about is good and it's a step in the right direction. LP hasn't really been taken too seriously in the taping community. A dedicated tracker would do wonders and may bring unreleased/uncirculated shows to the surface that normally wouldn't have been uploaded on a public tracker.

As for officially released stuff, totally agree that it shouldn't be on there at all. I had to do some extensive research last year in preparing a torrent of LP demos and talked with mods/admin of several trackers to make sure what I was uploading was ok... So keeping it 'clean' can be done, but will take a concentrated effort for all those involved.

</2 cents>

3. laurens

laurens Well-Known Member

does anyone get this error?

Code:
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /MOUNTAINV04/Mountain View MP3/ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 

I got this now, first not!

-Laurens

4. nkramar

nkramar LPA VIP LPA VIP

Several download mirrors were set up as this happened yesterday. Check the original post, there are 2 other servers offering the show as well.

5. SergSlim

SergSlim Well-Known Member

I can do that!!!! But I don't think that will make any differences. They will only do this shit over and over again! VetaLP, who is the admin of that web site is very selfish. Not only that they sell music on cd/dvd and earn money, but they also register ppl in LPU (those who don't have their own credit card) for price few times bigger then throught lpunderground.com.

Shinoda's skate decks they were selling 1.5 times more expensive then the real price with shipping.

But if you really want, I can write something most hateful. Just write it in English, and I'll translate!

6. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Hahninator and Nick are both staff over at LP:Fuse as well, so that was the other site it was initially on. As far as I'm aware, someone at Linkin-Photo uploaded it as a favor when Hahninator's server went down, and Bloodfrost did the same at XFS. LPRussia stole it, and any other site...eh, I have no clue, lol.

As for the LP-specific torrent tracker, whether or not it would end up being something LPA would do, it'd still be a good idea regardless. But LPA gets ungodly amounts of website hits, so it'd just be more l33t if it was based here. :lol:

7. nkramar

nkramar LPA VIP LPA VIP

It was never meant to be 'exclusive' to anyone in particular. As tasta said, both Mark and I are staff at LPFuse, the info was posted at the same time there as it was here and the LPU. In addition, the lossless version was uploaded to DIME shortly before that.

Once it hits the 'net, it's fair game to all who want to share it, except for those who ruin it by trying to profit on others generosity.

8. JNudda

JNudda Guest

which begs the question, why is it labeled as exclusive

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2007
  9. nkramar

nkramar LPA VIP LPA VIP

You'd have to ask someone in charge. lol

To my knowledge, it wasn't labeled as such anywhere else except here.

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Seriously folks, don't you know already? It really doesn't matter whether or not we have something first, people take it and post it on their sites without ever pointing to us half the time anyways.

This is actually kinda why having someone who's staff on two fansites presents a problem, but I'm not going to argue over it because it's a bootleg. A darn bootleg.

Now if we got the new single first, and didn't receive credit for our hard work..then you could certainly be sure I'd be pissed. In this case, it doesn't bother me.

And I put exclusive because the person who gave it to me said I could, and also posted linking to us on the #1 tracking site. As far as I understood, we were the first fansite to report on it. Sadly, there's no way of telling that if people post it at literally the exact same time. :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.