Halloween Meets Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

the band mentioned that there'd be ... tribal-ish drums. you can hear them in that clip. i know there are also drum machines on the album ... ;) in fact, joe released pictures of LP's drum machines way back in the day while the album was still early in the making.

and, about the guitar fading out at the start, you hear the same thing on the last sample of "what i've done" we got from verizon and both of the clips are in the same key and tempo, so i'm pretty certain they're both from the same song. whether this new clip is the intro, the outro, or something inbetween ... i'm not sure about that. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
    musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

i think that's a very good point as far as it being part of "What I've Done". i thought it sounded similar, too.

i'll go ahead and chime in my theory on it now after listening to the clip and this sample a few hundred times haha...
    other theories:
    "it may be the intro and the guitars are coming in from the previous song or something" -- couldn't be this b/c the guitars are too similar to the What I've Done Clip so i think it's in the middle/end of the song somewhere.
    "it may a bridge" -- i think it'd be a little too long of an instrumental for a bridge in a song... 35 secs. is pushing it with just that repetitious beat unless there's going to be vocals overlayed on this on the real song.
    "it could be an outro" -- this is most likely the case and it could lead into the next song [??instrumental??, or slowing it down for the next song that may be slower paced].
    and now, my theory.... again, i'll repeat that it could have vocals overlayed on it. LP is known to have snippets of a sound from their song placed as a teaser, and this could be the background sound of the verses or something. the guitar at the beginning could be coming off the beginning song if there was say a big guitar intro or something to kick it off, or at the end of the chorus or a bridge; also, it could be near the end as a vocal background and ends up leading into the next song. it could be a combination...

i'm thinking way too far into this. :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
    Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Thank you. Someone else noted that it was in the same key. They are the same songs of course.

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

The clip is SO obviously the intro to the song. A crossfade from the track beforehand is at the start of the clip. It progresses from the intro and adds onto itself after a few seconds.

That's not the end of a song =\ wtf

fosto

fosto Member

ohhh lmfaooooooo
    stupid meee,....yeah I see what you're saying now, my bad

lauraSlinkin

lauraSlinkin Active Member

i like it alot , good stuff

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

OR it could be a guitar chord from What I've Done, which it sounds like to me.

And the fact that it's been questioned whether or not it's the end or the beginning (sounds like an outro to me) debunks your idea that it's 'obviously the intro.'

darkhelixz

darkhelixz Member

I'm really glad that there is a spookyness about this album because I miss that spookyness you know?Like paper cut.Meteora seemed to misplace spookyness with a somewhat surreal type soundscape in Breaking the habit.But I'm glad to hear it's back.As for what I've done and piano instrumental, we atleast know they have something to do with eachother.lol

JouninGarrett

JouninGarrett New Member

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

NicoOrc

NicoOrc Member

Sounds great. 87290 min to go...

Xephr

Xephr Member

It's pretty good!

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

yea i do miss the kind of feel i got from papercut, when meteora came out i was hoping for a song that gave the same kind of feelin papercut gave and it seems this album will have it :)

The_Bing_Bing_Wizard

The_Bing_Bing_Wizard Active Member

The start of papercut and the website intro give me the same kinda spookly feel but the website one is much better as it sounds like a clock ticking which goes well with the fact the album is MTM

underground1

underground1 Well-Known Member

hey guys it's been confirmed that this is the intro to "WID". Its posted on their myspace player.

GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

Oooh.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

yeppi! awesome! ^_^ :lol:

Ha! it was the intro then:p

EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

I wonder if the guitar at the beggining is from another song, or if it will have an A.06 style intro and bleed into the first real song What I've Done.

20. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

That's what I was thinking, but that same little riff in the beginning of the "Intro" is also in the beginning of the ringtone that leaked.

Theres only two weeks until we find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.