What iTunes Did: The Video is Up!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 48virtues

48virtues Member

to do with the na na na thing, well chester wouldnt be able to sing it aswell though if it was him, as he is singing the chorus. not convinced yet

2. Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Well everyone was right...whoever said it was Chester on the nanana was right and whoever said it was Mike was right.

Chester sings it in high note and Mike sings it in low note. Those vocals are the only layered ones in the whole song :p

3. Deewy

Deewy Well-Known Member

You can see it for example here

(Just remove this if its not polite to link someone's Myspace profile)

DO NOT POST LINKS TO THE SONG OR VIDEO. THE NEXT PERSON TO DO IT GETS BANNED.

4. androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

I finally saw the video.

All you guys were right :) it made the song so much better. And It was well worth the wait to see :)

5. Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

*edited*

Hahninator, you're a bastard lol.

-Derek

(It was a fake link just so everyone knows lol)

6. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

And of course, i dont have ITunes to see it.

grrrrrr.

well, thanks to all the screenshots, im going to be hella busy making myself some sigs :)

7. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

make me one, maybe? very nice....? :lol:

8. Good Night Witness Light

Good Night Witness Light Member

Actually, it sounds like Chester layers himself when he says "What I've done" both in the beginning and end of the choruses. No biggie though.

I really like the single -- it's different in a good way. The video makes me like the song more for some reason. I too have a slight problem with Chester's wardrobe, particularly his gloves hahaha. The guys look good though. I'm so glad they're back!

9. Nick595

Nick595 Well-Known Member

and i saw the video ^^
    Really great. The grass going away in the beginning, and the desert where everything is empty is a real great place to shoot the video.

10. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

its a little repetitive for me, though most singles are. I'm hoping the other tracks are better.

11. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

Does the grass remind anyone of the In the End video. Although I think this is 5 to 6 times a better video than that. Maybe doing it naturally instead of CGI is part of theory. Or maybe I'm thinking about that wayyyyyy to much.

12. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i didnt think of it like that edgreene. but it does, hmmm

13. Good Night Witness Light

Good Night Witness Light Member

I thought of the In the End video when I saw the grass as well.

14. Beca

Beca Plug in baby.

Just watched the video, i love it, once of my fave linkin park videos.

15. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

nah, i thought the same thing. that's the only thing I really don't like about this video. on how they have the same "idea" repeated in two videos. still great and meaningful though :D

16. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Saw the video....and I turned it off quarter of the way through. I hate it when bands get all righteous and try and address world issues in their videos. Sing about it crytpically for all i care, but i don't want to see it. If i wanted to hear/see bullshit politics/war/starvation/death, i'd watch the news.

I know i'm going to get flamed for this probably but yeah...get the god damn politics out of my god damn music. It works for Reeses...not music and politics.

17. wookiebastard

wookiebastard Member

the beginning also reminded me of In The End... but although the "In The End" video was more "childish" i think i like it better than WID.

I agree with Friskey in some ways, i hate music gettin mixed with political issues, but sometimes it can`t be avoided, specially nowadays.

However, i like the effect of the video on the song; like for example, when i listened to the song it sounded like a love song blah blah, but then by watching the video it gives the song a totally new meaning, and that's why i like it. (... chester moves weird, like REALLY weird, and brad looks like a homeless man, but that has nothing to do with anythin)

i dont have itunes so, god bless russian fans/pirates.

18. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

i think it was meaningful but it was also short enough to not consume the idea of the video

and i think it's not that political because it doesn't address a specific group, i would call it more issue conscious than political

they're not coming out and saying "oh anti-abortion anti war", they're just posting images and allowing the viewer to draw their own conclusions

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  19. mis

mis Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the vid yet but I've heard some say this is too policital. It can he hard to make a video to suit your lyrics without it being something that's been overdone or totally different from the lyrics. I love the lyrics and like all LP's songs I find that I can somehow relate to what they are saying. I'm sure I'll love the vid when I see it.

It make sense from what I've heard about the vid since the guys were so involved with Live 8 and charity the past little while.

Also, I have to tip my hat off to Derek for putting up with the same BS all the time. How many times and how many ways does one have to say not to post any links to the vid? Give the guy a break.

20. wookiebastard

wookiebastard Member

..well, they show images of war, dictators, ku klux klan and stuff like that, i believe that's political enough, and i dont think they were showing those images to support those things, you don't need words to convey your ideas.

actually, i think this song is as if your concience (or however it is spelled) was speaking, it's a very open lyric and it's easy to relate to it, its a typical characteristic of LP's songs.

true

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.