Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Li

Li Well-Known Member

LPTV Episode 4 is up.

2. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Nice! :D.

4. Lpimp

Lpimp Extremely H! Vltg3

LPTV Episode 4 is up.:)

Man it's been so long since i last posted in here:S

5. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

APRIL 2nd is International Linkin Park Day.

Source: me :lol:

nope sry man, ill look for it on MM.com

6. hybridx

hybridx Well-Known Member

There is only some more days left until this years most waited rock album is released. More preciseley 60.480 minutes between midnight today and midnight on the night of may 14th, when it hits store "Minutes To Mmidnight", the third album of the American band Linkin Park. The group doesn't sound like rap-rock anymore, at least on most of the tracks on the new album(the single of transition "what i've done", with the release date set for today, "given up" and "bleed it out" are the exceptions). More melodic, the album calls attention to it's elborate lyricism and come balads, such as "In between", about betrail, and "Valentine's day". For political songs, the stand out is "the little things give you away", one of the best on the album, about hurricane katrina and the destruction of New Orleans. In an exclusive interview to Folhateen, in Los Angeles, lead singer Chester Bennington talked about teaming up with Rick Rubin, about the changes in the songs and they're show in Brazil almost 3 years ago

FOLHA - Are you excited that "Minutes to Midnight" is finally going to be released? Midnight" finally is going to be realesed?
    CHESTER - It was a very long procces. We put a lot of energ in the album. But it wasn't that hard. There was lots of work. We tried to overcome ourselves in many aspects, but it's not that we were crazy to end everything soon(laughs)

FOLHA - how do you explain the desenvolvement of the music in the group?
    CHESTER - We entered the studio with the conscious decision that we wanted to make the recording in another way. We wanted to show the essence of LP in a new package. Reinvent the wheel was a good part of the procces.

FOLHA - What did Rick Rubin bring to Linkin Park's music?
    CHESTER - To be honest, he said: "Don't go the way you think LP should sound, of the songs you think you should write. There's nothing like this". At the begining of the procces, we were writing a bunch of songs that could be part of our other albuns, and he told us to put those aside.

FOLHA - What changed?
    CHESTER - Before, everything was presented in the same way, This time, Mike is singing a lot more. It can look like he's not on the album, but he'r making many of the harmonys. He also sings a couple of tracks solo. We're presenting ourselves in a diferent way. We cut our hair, changed our clothes and, ready, here's something new.

FOLHA - You have some political songs now.
    CHESTER - We wanted to have a political point of view, but it was important that it didn't have a determined scheduel. It couldn't be a song that says what you have to think and what's right and wrong. It was something we realized we were witnessing e thought we could tell.

FOLHA - Now you guys have some politicians songs
    CHESTER - We wanted to have a political point of view, but it was important that it didn't have a determined scheduel. It couldn't be a song that says what you have to think and what's right and wrong. It was something we realized we were witnessing e thought we could tell.

FOLHA - "The Little Things Give You Away" is about Katrina.
    CHESTER - It was inspired on a trip to New Orleans to do voluntary work. I talked to some people about their experiences after the hurricane e just worte about it, in their perspective. I think it's a beautiful track and at the same time dificult.

FOLHA - It's been almost 3 years since you've came to Brazil. How was that experience?
    CHESTER - Incredible. 'Till today it was our biggest show. We did Live Aid for 800thousand people, but everyone was there for the festival. It wasn't our show. In Brazil, I was shocked when I got on stage. Fantastic!

lpinside.com.br/eng

7. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That sounds incredibly fake.

8. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's not, it's just been horribly translated from Portuguese into English. :lol:

9. NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  10. TheFamousStik

TheFamousStik Well-Known Member

Yeah, LP.com is sportin a new suit. :D

11. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

NickelNine beat you to it :)

looks cool though!!

12. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It has, but they didn't post in this thread so you're good.

13. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Real Rhapsdy Review:

"With Rick Rubin and Linkin Park co-frontman Mike Shinoda joining forces to produce the band's 2007 full-length, Minutes to Midnight, it's fair to expect something explosive, and this lead single confirms it. The tune is classic Linkin Park, from the opening notes of the creepy piano to Chester Bennington's serrated screeching. A straightforward rocker, the song eschews the band's usual mingling of rap and rock.

- Garrett Kamps"

14. androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

I found an instrumental clip of valentines day on youtube, but theres no proof its real. I dont know if the link is allowed, if it is, ill put it here.

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Someone told me I was mean.

So to edit this reply: It is completely fake. If you listen to it, it is has no production values on it whatsoever.

16. androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

Ok, Thats what I thought

17. JNudda

JNudda Guest

linkin-park.it seems to have a knack for posting possibly fake stuff...first the "chat" with chaz's brother, and now this...hmm

18. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

19. steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

What i've done got its first review:

Linkin Park’s first single from its forthcoming third studio album, "Minutes to Midnight" (due May 15), sounds the band’s artistic death knell. After an opening of slasher-flick piano tinkling, "What I’ve Done" lapses into a melody so unmemorable you forget it mid-listen. Never a great band, Linkin Park showed flickers of genius on 2003’s "Meterora" and the bad-but-interesting Jay-Z mash-ups on 2004’s "Collision Course." Those flickers have been violently extinguished. "What I’ve Done" was produced with Rick Rubin, but it offers average vocals, unremarkable music and a DJ who must have been on a bathroom break during the 15 minutes the band took to write and record it. Grade: D -- Boston Herald

20. Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

that guy can go suck it

sorry but...how can you diss LP..THAT MUCH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.